• Options
    YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Box #7!!!
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Forget about Cal.... Gimme that🤤☝️
  • Options
    dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    Best bat in the game, easily. Would have completely changed my weekend if he were released on Friday. Also kinda shitty he's only a bonus for 11 hours.
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I actually have nobody on my roster with this skill. I think the last time I did was before primes dropped. Can one of you guys share how the skill is used, and how it differs from HH/BO?  I just need a recap...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Best bat in the game, easily. Would have completely changed my weekend if he were released on Friday. Also kinda shitty he's only a bonus for 11 hours.
    Spent some gold trying to chase him, came up empty but still at 595, we still maybe have a couple more bump ups possibly of the same skills on whatever the final overall. Possibly ATG of Eddie Mathews with double 1st pitch??? Isn't a keeper, best hitter in game most definitely but for how long until Glu renders him useless kinda like last year when then put out double RHB Mathews and a week or two later they did bumps and gave us double RHB Green. Kinda seems like this could be the same scenario playing out. Maybe not with bumps because we just had one but possibly with next weekend's ATG.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I actually have nobody on my roster with this skill. I think the last time I did was before primes dropped. Can one of you guys share how the skill is used, and how it differs from HH/BO?  I just need a recap...
    It basically is a great skill in all modes except CVC/Extra Bases.    In most game modes (including WOH) the ratings of a batter at the start of an at bat vs the pitchers stuff is what determines whether its a succesful hittable sequence or not.   Even if you foul a pitch off and the light on the skill dims, you will still have a hittable sequence because that does not change mid at bat.

In summary I prefer HH/BO for extra bases and cvc but prefer FP for other modes.   
  • Options
    YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    are are we sure he won’t be a bonus player for tomorrow 
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Third base is easily my healthiest position: Schmidt (my only ATG), Madlock and Rosen isn’t bad. But it’s George Brett so I had to chase him especially as the only previous one was just a 510 from an all day event. Thankfully got him in below average number of boxes as it cost me 15k gold to get Trout a few days ago. 

Hopefully they’ll make him a bonus player tomorrow and I can avoid spending more gold. 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    It basically is a great skill in all modes except CVC/Extra Bases.    In most game modes (including WOH) the ratings of a batter at the start of an at bat vs the pitchers stuff is what determines whether its a succesful hittable sequence or not.   Even if you foul a pitch off and the light on the skill dims, you will still have a hittable sequence because that does not change mid at bat.

In summary I prefer HH/BO for extra bases and cvc but prefer FP for other modes.   
    Gotcha. I think that’s where I have to favour HH.  But I can definitely see the allure of FP.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    If I’m not forgetting any skills I believe that first pitch is the only skill that will be active with every hitter no matter the situation in any mode-except cvc/extra bases. It virtually makes that person a switch hitter. I would be curios to see some game stats on Brett. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    First box. It’s hard to believe that him and Brett have the same odds. I think that I’m stopping at 400 gold and not pushing my luck 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I personally prefer hh. It takes one hit to activate, but it's also good for cvc. I prefer the "good for every event" aspect, and I've seen different results than is being reported here with Lieberthal. Any time I manually play something with him the pitcher usually tosses some trash in the dirt (feels like its to avoid the first pitch skill) then his bat becomes a pool noodle. He was good in auto, though. Yogis bump and porter have already rendered him useless, though. Such a bummer 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    benny100benny100 Registered Users, Member 757 Posts
    He’s not too shabby! Wish I had better KC pennants
  • Options
    TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    He will be a bonus player tomorrow 
  • Options
    TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    He will be a bonus player tomorrow 
    If they had a big bundle of boxes, I’d drop some coin to chase.  5 boxes?  No thanks
  • Options
    babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    First box. It’s hard to believe that him and Brett have the same odds. I think that I’m stopping at 400 gold and not pushing my luck 

I don't believe their numbers.  I got this clown 4 times and never Brett.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I got the SP 9 times before I got Brett. What are the odds of that @SandlotGuru ?? lol
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    It’s very obvious, to me at least, the next bump in a couple of weeks is 610, then final bump to 625. Unless it’s an ATG that fits my team, I don’t get the “chasing” for someone who will or could be tossed aside nearing the end of the season. Great skills, but absolutely zero interest from me. 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    It’s very obvious, to me at least, the next bump in a couple of weeks is 610, then final bump to 625. Unless it’s an ATG that fits my team, I don’t get the “chasing” for someone who will or could be tossed aside nearing the end of the season. Great skills, but absolutely zero interest from me. 🤷‍♂️
    I’m saving up my gold to spend on a 625 pitcher (keeper). Nothing else I need or want unless an ATG falls into my lap. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    This can be said for every single box/player the whole year regardless of where we're at in the season. For some, it's simply fun. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    The opposite side of the coin is, I don’t understand how people can play this game without going for new players? It’s boring otherwise to just keep play woh only for guys who are behind the curve and often have bad skills. Me personally, I chase guys I like and it’s fun to have players and score points. But as stated in the past, Even that is getting old as we deal with new players every day, every event, and even mid event. The bonus sets have been a drain on the fun for me as it does drive you to “chase” players. But everyone plays the game different. 
  • Options
    tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Because the life of this season is now very limited, saving resources for the best in a few weeks is my goal. This isn’t comparable to the whole season, IMO.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Because the life of this season is now very limited, saving resources for the best in a few weeks is my goal. This isn’t comparable to the whole season, IMO.
    But at this point most people who “chase” already have a full lineup of ATGs and likely have their keepers or plenty of options already. I understand what you’re saying. I’m just saying some people, like me chase players they like, not really the best overall. As we’ve seen the past 2 years keepers really don’t matter after primes and legends come out anyway, so chasing keepers at the end of the season really doesn’t matter either. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2021
    tshea510 said:
    Most of the big 'chasers' do what they do to score club points. Then, those same players that cost an arm and a leg will be reduced to either being inactive or sparingly used. Obv, that life isn't for everyone(and it definitely burned me out), but I can only handle the alternative in doses. Regardless of the shelf life, this is the cycle for chasers. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.