Best Skills for CvC & Extra Bases

DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has a list of the skills that are active during CvC and Extra Bases . Need to up my scores and haven’t paid much attention to CvC lineups besides a bonus hitter . Maybe some of active skills could help . Thx 

Comments

• BearmeatBearmeat Registered Users, Member 576 Posts
    Blowout (active after 4 runs)
    Hot Hitter (active after that batter gets a hit)
    Early Innings (always active cvc and EB)
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Cvc/clash/EB use the same game mechanics. Currently, however, the 'cvc' skill does NOT work with extra bases.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Bearmeat said:
    Blowout (active after 4 runs)
    Hot Hitter (active after that batter gets a hit)
    Early Innings (always active cvc and EB)
    Don’t have any early innings guys been looking for WoH skills mainly probably why not scoring good. So only skill active in EB & CvC always is Early Innings ?? 
    DFBB said:
    Cvc/clash/EB use the same game mechanics. Currently, however, the 'cvc' skill does NOT work with extra bases.
    Was looking at xfactors skill thinking maybe adding cvc would work both but you confirmed it doesn’t 🤦‍♂️. Does the H2H skill only work if you do a bonus game vs someone you know ? Or is it supposed to work in more modes ? Which skills do you think are best for CvC / EB besides 3 mentioned above ? Thx 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’m also curious if anyone knows when the H2H skill is active.  Noticed some of the whales had that skill active on some players, so now I’m thinking I’m missing something???
  • inoculuminoculum Registered Users, Member 101 Posts
    H2H is active in head-to-head games.  they ran a tournament where they got capped ATG custom pitchers.  so manual play games (people do that??) just another "level playing field" example… 
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts
    I’m also curious if anyone knows when the H2H skill is active.  Noticed some of the whales had that skill active on some players, so now I’m thinking I’m missing something???

There are player run tourneys going on last couple weeks involving a lot of those players.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Few months now, these h2h tourneys have become more fun then the actual game events themselves. So that tells you something.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I see, I figured there must be something I didn’t know about, lol.  Thanks for all the responses!  Now I can trade all of those in, without hesitation.
    DirectFX said:
    DFBB said:
    Was looking at xfactors skill thinking maybe adding cvc would work both but you confirmed it doesn’t 🤦‍♂️. Does the H2H skill only work if you do a bonus game vs someone you know ? Or is it supposed to work in more modes ? Which skills do you think are best for CvC / EB besides 3 mentioned above ? Thx 
    The three that are already mentioned are the best because they're generally always on. For extra bases, the pitcher doesn't change so you can stack your bats accordingly(i.e all vs rhp/vs lhp, etc.). In short, you want skills that will always be on.
    H2H skills only works in h2h games and even then, it's just the batter related skills that work. 
  • DragonBabyToesDragonBabyToes Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Anyone know if there will be an xfactor for EB?
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited January 2021
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    The cvc xfactors also work for EB. 
    Notice blowout not active on my Mantle for extra bases . Has something changed from skills mentioned earlier ( Blowout, early innings and hot hitter ) ? I know CvC is active in EB now but idk what happened blowout? 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    DirectFX said:
    Notice blowout not active on my Mantle for extra bases . Has something changed from skills mentioned earlier ( Blowout, early innings and hot hitter ) ? I know CvC is active in EB now but idk what happened blowout? 
    BO skill should activate after you score 4 runs. Yes I know scores aren’t tracked but if you put BO guys later in lineup it should activate. 

**please note I suck at cvc so I just auto play so can’t personally confirm, but this is what I was told. 
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    DirectFX said:
    BO skill should activate after you score 4 runs. Yes I know scores aren’t tracked but if you put BO guys later in lineup it should activate. 

**please note I suck at cvc so I just auto play so can’t personally confirm, but this is what I was told. 
    Yup this is right. Blowout should still activate after 4 runs are scored, I confirmed that this morning. Best advice is to put your guys w/ blowout in the bottom 3rd of your lineup to allow those 4 runs to cross the plate by the time they come to bat for the first time.