I have the following on my list:
Musial OF
Mays OF
Paige SP
Young SP

This would mean we have 4 weeks left.

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Could be though we did get three new ones so far this year so anything is possible.
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I still think Eddie Mathews could be an ATG. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Whoever it is, will likely be a LHB with double HH.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Whoever it is, will likely be a LHB with double HH.  

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    Musial shall be that 2x HH LHB then
  • tdh23tdh23 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    Ernie Banks should be an ATG.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tdh23 said:
    Ernie Banks should be an ATG.
    Should be yes but probably won't be because of ATG Cal.... I still say that there is an ATG Eddie Mathews 2x 1st pitch out there....
    We’ve seen two each at 1B, 2B and SS so 3B and C seem likely. Matthews and Bench are the most obvious choices there. Banks-great player, Cubs legend but not exactly ATG class.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    samtheman said:
    We’ve seen two each at 1B, 2B and SS so 3B and C seem likely. Matthews and Bench are the most obvious choices there. Banks-great player, Cubs legend but not exactly ATG class.
    Neither is Enos Slaughter and he was an ATG this year. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    In his time, Banks was only the 6th member of the 500 club and is widely regarded as a top 25-30 player of All Time. Hes certainly deserving imo. 
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I hope Willie Mays drops this week.  It is a shame how late in the season they drop him each year.  
    I hope Willie Mays drops this week.  It is a shame how late in the season they drop him each year.  
    The last 2 years yes I agree. But he was the 2nd atg in 18. Think he dropped in July??? Maybe august. But it was early. But to be fair, there were only a few ATGs that year. Not the flooded market it is now. 
    samtheman said:
    Forgot about him and you are certainly right there.
    To be fair, I’m a giant Cubs fan and love Ernie Banks. Besides slaughter I’m not sure he better or as good as the others that have been picked. But I certainly wouldn’t mind it. I’m sure we will see Mays and probably Musial. Not sure about Paige since they released him recently as a non atg. But not having Paige or Gibson as atg seemed odd. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Um, that's Sergeant Slaughter buddy. #norespect. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts

• babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I forget who said it before, but it's definitely not as exciting when an ATG is a player that's already been released.  I prefer those really old dudes that you might not have heard of but look them up and they were totally awesome.
    I forget who said it before, but it's definitely not as exciting when an ATG is a player that's already been released.
    Been a few of us who said it but I know I posted it. Wasn’t an ATG the last 3 years in the game or prior 2 versions this year 🤷‍♂️
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    It’s pretty obvious that they’ve released so many players and numerous versions of some of them that the ATGs are not as exciting as they once were. Would I love to pull Bench? Absolutely, but I won’t spend any gold chasing another version of him 
    Huh?  Obviously I meant released this year as normal players not in the entire history of the game.
    Huh?  Obviously I meant released this year as normal players not in the entire history of the game.
    No I get it. I was just pointing it out. Yes the regular legends turned ATG in the same season is annoying. But I was just saying, guys like Schmidt and bench have been in the game since atleast 17. ATG were introduced in 18. So seems odd to me they are just now becoming ATG. Part of the “wow” factor on them was they were 1 of a kind, always max players. But yea, it’s clear they released too many so they have to dig through previously used players. 
    Definitely shot themselves in the foot this year.  Oh well, I guess we'll see what changes in 21. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I forget who said it before, but it's definitely not as exciting when an ATG is a player that's already been released.  I prefer those really old dudes that you might not have heard of but look them up and they were totally awesome.
    i dont love it either but when one is released per week, theres not much you can do.   
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    i dont love it either but when one is released per week, theres not much you can do.   
    Yea, they have to pay licensing for all of the retired players they use so they're trying to get creative. Savvy cost cutting moves like that are why they can afford to sell us fake mountains of fake gold for the low price of just $99.99.