Hiatus = Extraordinary box luck

MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
I took some time off, then just logged in for some cvc boxes here and there.  State is closed because of weather,  and no power.  So I decided I would get the Field Pass and play some today.  Talk about luck.  All 4 from the Medium pass, bot ATG's from the cheap boxes.  My only question is wtf is with all the RHB's?

Comments

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Did.....did someone say........
  • MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    It's all trickery. Got me to open the wallet for the small pass just for that extra 10% discount. 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Reeling ya back in!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Millecors said:
    It's all trickery. Got me to open the wallet for the small pass just for that extra 10% discount. 

GLU sealed its fate for 2021 with me.

My main team, that's farmed millions of gold and spent way too much money, REALLY struggles to get the good players. I get them, but it costs me at least 110K gold if I want one. MINIMUM.

My holder team, which I never use, now has 5 ATGs.

This past weekend was such garbage. While my normal team dropped 80K in gold and only got Bagwell once, I decided to finally use the 20K gold I had built up on my holder just for fun.

In one free box, I pulled Terry P. Wow

So I use the 20K on the other boxes. First pity timer was Hornsby. Second Pity timer was Foil Posoda. Third pity timer was Bagwell and my box to get me to 20K was friggin Ripken. UNREAL. It is a gold team so I was able to put them all at G10. I've maybe spent $10 on that team all year, and now it is nearly as good as my team I've put all the time and money into.

So, guess what I will do in 21. ONE Team, and I will likely just collect resources until ATGs come out, then play. I need a break from this anyway, and the world is opening back up. I went to a basketball game this weekend, went to a party, etc.

GLU got me good in 2020. Too bad they seem to take pride in screwing those of us who pay and put in a ton of time. Lesson learned, GLU! TY!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    Here's the thing as it relates to the OP...every single serious player knows this happens.  (Its happened for years.  My gut, and purely anecdotal experience is that its gotten worse this year than in years past though; trying to increase engagement and turn those folks in to spenders)

I spent a month late summer/early fall solo after getting burned out on the grind.  I was AMAZED at the number of complete shit, non-playing, non-spending teams I encountered in CVC matchups with the top players in the current box.  I actually saved a file of it for some time, but it just became laughably obvious at some point.

So heres the thing, there is only one logical conclusion from this.  If they're disproportionally awarding players to some teams...those pulls HAVE to come from somewhere.  The rest is history.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged boxes??
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Glu sealed it's fate with me. I accepted the President's day gift, had to close out app, because yes Glu there is more to life then this piece of crap game, to respond to some emails (the joys of being an essential employee). Opened app back up and got this.... game was running perfectly fine all morning. It wasn't until that big global gift they dropped...
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I put a ticket in. Let's see what they have to say... Not expecting much.... If I get the run around, I don't have time to fight over a game that already takes to much it as it is, then I will walk away. 
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

I'm far too embarrassed to admit what I had to drop to land Hornsby this weekend. I know it isn't near what the "big spenders" do, but still. The point about those of us who play/spend having to fork over insane gold and/or money to land players stands.

Take today for example. GLU knows WoH is my favorite event. Every Monday, if I try to land a decent legend to make a set, I'm looking at at least 70K gold to drop before I land something. If it is a player of need with a WoH set in the box (IE Giambi several times this year), that will cost me 100K. I already know this.

This year, 2B has been my weak point, which is why I wanted Hornsby so bad. I've dropped 100K five different times this year chasing a 2B. I dropped well over 250K chasing JRob. Never got them. Last week I spent 80K and never got Boone.

Today, after dropping 80K in gold this weekend and not landing players until I bought $20 packages, I am back up to 50K gold bc I cycled D6 a couple times and we got major rewards. Think I want to drop ALL my gold chasing Polanco for a set?

NOPE. I already know what this will do. I also don't need him now that I have Hornsby.

I will NOT miss crap like this after 2020. Just insane knowing it would take all this so I can get about 1% back in return.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • dustyhunksdustyhunks Registered Users, Member 1,672 Posts