Beta is live!

13Next

Comments

• MillecorsMillecors Registered Users, Member 754 Posts
    Looks like Glu is trying to start some ish between us @JCAM80

• xxHataxxxxHataxx Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    Can we get them to fix that stupid F'ing homerun battle glitch with the pithcer? Where he's wearing a glove on the right hand, lines up like a lefty pitcher, then flips mid throw and throws with his right hand.
    Shit screws me up all the time and it's been there forever. Come on.
  • xxHataxxxxHataxx Registered Users, Member 38 Posts
    TSB 21 ruined for me already.
    How can such a simple, obvious glitch like that still be there after this long?
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    xxHataxx said:
    TSB 21 ruined for me already.

I somehow managed to play my alt team in a bonus game.... And it beat me 😭😭🤕🤕🤕🤮
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Hey @DFBB how are your tournaments looking?
    I get the exact same teams EVERY tournament.  The Cleveland and Milwaukee teams are Glu teams and over 10k stronger.  Bulls*÷t!

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Millecors said:
    Hey @DFBB how are your tournaments looking?
    I get the exact same teams EVERY tournament.  The Cleveland and Milwaukee teams are Glu teams and over 10k stronger.  Bulls*÷t!

I had the same thing happen. Not cool at all

"If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Webberoni77Webberoni77 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    When selecting keepers for 21, does it matter how levelled the player is in 20?  For example, if I just picked up a new ATG that I want to use as a keeper, but he's still sitting at bronze-1, will that impact his rating (starting or max) in 21?
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Registered Users, Member 107 Posts
    It doesn’t matter.  They will all be Bronze 1 in 21 
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    Has anyone seen the "Pitching Lab"?  Seems to be the opposite of WOH.  Not saying it's good, but at least they are trying something completely different.  Have they done this game play type in the past beta's?
    scostello said:
    Has anyone seen the "Pitching Lab"?  Seems to be the opposite of WOH.  Not saying it's good, but at least they are trying something completely different.  Have they done this game play type in the past beta's?
    I totally hate it and I hope it doesn't become a full day event. They were working on it last year and had some surveys asking about it. I don't remember if a select few individuals tested it or not, but it definitely hasn't been available for mass use before.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Just curious but if anyone knows the situation on keeper or ML leveling, maybe let us know?

Thanks 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Same as last year thus far, ML is x5, Keepers are x3.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Same as last year thus far, ML is x5, Keepers are x3.
    Ty sir!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2021
    scostello said:
    I've messed with it a bit. I'm starting to get the hang of it, but I think the current presentation will frustrate most users. These are things I've noticed:

-Snell is the default pitcher; You'll be able to actually use your own pitchers when/if it goes 'live.'

-Hitting the target areas(blue) will NOT guarantee that the pitch goes where you expect; there is rng involved and it will vary depending on the ratings of your pitcher. Similarly, even hitting the target area will not always guarantee an out. Once again, rng will play a role and will be dependent on your pitcher ratings.

Currently, they're just interested in feedback in terms of the mechanics. Once that gets sorted out, games modes are inevitable. 

@Millecors I haven't played too many games and I'm in no rush. Until there are more users on the server, you'll continue to see glu teams. 

-
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    scostello said:
    I played around with it for about 15 minutes, and I do appreciate something new being brought to the table. The only way I can see this mode staying is if it was implemented in Head to Head mode where you’re playing a buddy. Other than that, I don’t find it entertaining. Just my 2 cents
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I have to think that GLU/EA has some sort of agreement with Apple to try to push gamers toward the IPhone.  The Captcha frequency on Android has gone from annoying in '20 to beyond absurd in '21.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I can't disagree on the amount of captcha on 21 android. I thought I was going to pound videos to stockpile... not with a captcha every two, maybe three videos.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Questions:
    1) Only available on Android in Canada or to VIP Council members?
    2) Saw an TSB 20 video ad and it showed having to tap to catch a ground ball and then tap to throw the runner out.  Is that part of the game play?
    3) One more VIP award in TSB20 correct?
    I’m getting Captcha every 15 games or so on my main device.  Pretty much the main reason I haven’t purchased FP yet.  It’s pretty ridiculous that captcha even exists on this game. Hopefully they get rid of it. 
    JTANDME said:
    I can't disagree on the amount of captcha on 21 android. I thought I was going to pound videos to stockpile... not with a captcha every two, maybe three videos.
    Agreed. It's every 2 videos and it's completely ruined videos for gold for Android users. I'm not going to do 250 Captchas per day. I have no problem with some reasonable measures to discourage autotapping but every 2 videos is beyond ridiculous.

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    Questions:
    1) Only available on Android in Canada or to VIP Council members?
    2) Saw an TSB 20 video ad and it showed having to tap to catch a ground ball and then tap to throw the runner out.  Is that part of the game play?
    3) One more VIP award in TSB20 correct?
    1)Canada, Puerto Rico and other countries(Not in the US). It's also available as an APK for android(anyone).
    2)Game play is unchanged.
    3)Yes.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    scostello said:
    I totally hate it and I hope it doesn't become a full day event. They were working on it last year and had some surveys asking about it. I don't remember if a select few individuals tested it or not, but it definitely hasn't been available for mass use before.
    I’m the opposite. Actually really like it. It did take me a while to get used to it but once you have it down it’s pretty fun. I’d probably agree a full day event for it wouldn’t be great, but maybe part of a multi event etc. I think it provides a challenge and something different to the monotony of just aimlessly tapping a screen or having something tape it for you. The pitch locations always change so it’s little different from woh too where you just wait for the right pitch sequence. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    scostello said:
    I played around with it for about 15 minutes, and I do appreciate something new being brought to the table. The only way I can see this mode staying is if it was implemented in Head to Head mode where you’re playing a buddy. Other than that, I don’t find it entertaining. Just my 2 cents
    I think as it’s currently set up yes. But if they put it in a woh format and you won something it would be fun. I mean imagine how boring woh mode would be if it was just 1 batter vs a computer every time. I think they are testing it so people can familiarize themselves with it. I have hope that it will offer something different to the game
    I don't know who at GLU needs to hear this, but the 0 pitch intentional walk has been a thing in MLB for like 4 years now. 
    All of the sudden they won't match me up in Tourneys with anyone but the 60K plus Tampa Bay Rays. Which is completely unwinnable. 
    edited February 2021
    My club "EA HUFFS GLU" has been changed to "NOCLUBNAME," I can't make it public or change anything, and my club description went from "PM @TyroneEastwood for the all new bxp glitch" to "no description." 

☹️ Was my club really so bad that it needed to be killed? 

Edit: it's not like it was "glu sux c0x" or anything like that 🤷
    My club "EA HUFFS GLU" has been changed to "NOCLUBNAME," I can't make it public or change anything, and my club description went from "PM @TyroneEastwood for the all new bxp glitch" to "no description." 

☹️ Was my club really so bad that it needed to be killed? 

Edit: it's not like it was "glu sux c0x" or anything like that 🤷
    @ret@retirepujols we are being racially profiled!
    Millecors said:
    I guess I just have to go back to promoting @dkarski87 and his ability to pass out free VIP badges. @TyroneEastwood is too heavily trolled anyways 🙄
    Millecors said:
    I guess I just have to go back to promoting @dkarski87 and his ability to pass out free VIP badges. @TyroneEastwood is too heavily trolled anyways 🙄
    I guess they haven't seen my club description...