How does it work for WOH

TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
Every other hour for an hour?

Comments

• buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Who the eff knows? A three-level tower is nice, but the rewards suck and having it shut off when you’re almost done with Level 3 sucks even harder.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I didn’t  realize it had a timer either. 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Glu said that they don't currently have the ability to present a secondary timer for when the one-hour WOH window will close, so all that is presented to us is the timer for when the entire event itself ends.  I'd expect maybe 2-3 more one-hour windows at some point today.
    Or maybe they could have just started it halfway through the event and then just left it on until the end. Or better yet, just make it an all-day thing given how not-great the rewards are.
    As with all WOH boxes, I would appreciate it if a pity timer were added.  10 of those short cycles should take 1-2 hours (closer to 1 for stacked diamond teams) and you would earn 23 boxes, so maybe a pity timer in the 5-10 range?  I got lucky and got Kaat on box 7, so I'm a happy customer today.
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    Man I’m so glad I haven’t played in two weeks. Is this how it feels guys??
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Who the eff knows? A three-level tower is nice, but the rewards suck and having it shut off when you’re almost done with Level 3 sucks even harder.
    Yep. Kershaw took me to 10th innings on the 3rd time and that cost me the chance at 5.10. Fortunately, I got Kaat from EB boxes. 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    If I saw things right, it was 3 one hour windows. The progress reset each time. Getting to 5 short cycles in and hour was not hard to do. But could anyone get through 10 cycles in an hour? Thats 6 minutes per cycle if you played every minute it was available. I guess it’s doable, but seems difficult unless you really want the reward. Maybe I’m wrong and a lot of people could do the 10 cycles in an hour. But that seems almost impossible. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    If I saw things right, it was 3 one hour windows. The progress reset each time. Getting to 5 short cycles in and hour was not hard to do. But could anyone get through 10 cycles in an hour? Thats 6 minutes per cycle if you played every minute it was available. I guess it’s doable, but seems difficult unless you really want the reward. Maybe I’m wrong and a lot of people could do the 10 cycles in an hour. But that seems almost impossible. 
    The news feed said to keep an eye out for push notifications. I never got one and every time I checked, it wasn’t live. Then in the evening. It was live, I cycled once, ate dinner, then *poof* gone. So no clue about 3 hour window, just a totally failed attempt (again) by Glu for what looked like a nice change of pace. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    I was hoping it would save your progress.  I didn't see when it first came on (no notification?) until about mid-hour.  Was on 3.9 of the 2nd cycle when it expired.  That 2nd cycle would have been a 2 for 1.  Wasn't worth sacrificing the club points during another "power" hour to go back to woh and start from scratch. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I was able to do 10 in an hour.   Basically simming everything but 1.10,2.10 and 3.10 my cycles were roughly 5 minutes each.    
    I did this in the second session and was thinking about doing at least 5 in the last session but I wasnt able to collect 5th cycle rewards again.    Apparently some were able to collect again but some werent so i dont know on that.
  • trojanman999trojanman999 Registered Users, Member 371 Posts
    edited February 2021
    between the 3 one hour windows, i was able to cycle 10 times... i got the notification each time it started. I was pleasantly surprised how well they did with this (enjoyable play, not tedious). I also was satisfied with the rewards (23 pitcher boxes).
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I missed the first session but did 11 and 10 cycles in the next two. In order to get in 5 min cycles, it was necessary to only manually bat three times per cycle. My only trouble spot with sims was 3.8(20/20 gwynn, w/lvl 15 xfactor, lost four times). Other than that, sims went really well. Double first pitch(best skill everrr!!!) Brett(no xfactor) only lost one sim at 3.7 and my CL only lost one sim at 3.9.
    Overall, I thought it was fantastic. I haven't cared about many WoH events this year, but I cared about this one. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I liked the new twist. Wish they would have carried over the progress but for those that killed the 10 in the first session what would be left for them, the one box/cycle? I too failed to get a notification as I understood the newsfeed to tell me I would but overall thought it was a nice jolt to an otherwise mundane event for me. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2021
    JTANDME said:
    I liked the new twist. Wish they would have carried over the progress but for those that killed the 10 in the first session what would be left for them, the one box/cycle? I too failed to get a notification as I understood the newsfeed to tell me I would but overall thought it was a nice jolt to an otherwise mundane event for me. 
    I'm not sure what happened there. I was able to collect the 'one time' rewards at ten cycles twice, whereas that wasn't an option for @Mattattack
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    edited February 2021
    I love the format and reward. I hope they bring this back for the weekend and I get Rollie. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    What you experienced @DFBB is what I could see as well. If I completed 10 (never happened as I always started 15 minutes or more in) I just assumed based on the reset from the first window to the second that it would start fresh.

What I was wishing would happen would have been the carryover of completed four in window one, then I would need six over the next two windows. I realize that for the power cyclers, and those that used the whole hour, getting to ten per window was doable and carrying over the previous progress probably would have left all in the @Mattattack scenario rather than getting to reclaim the five and ten.  Again, loved the new twist... just needed more information going in to make it truly a success (on a personal level). Had I known there was no carryover I probably would have attacked harder 🤷‍♂️.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    I personally only did one cycle, but that is by far the most effort I put into the game in weeks. It seemed like a great idea with good execution, but I'm really left wishing they did these things throughout the year instead of at the very end when half the user base is already on to 21.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I was able to do 10 in an hour.   Basically simming everything but 1.10,2.10 and 3.10 my cycles were roughly 5 minutes each.    
    I did this in the second session and was thinking about doing at least 5 in the last session but I wasnt able to collect 5th cycle rewards again.    Apparently some were able to collect again but some werent so i dont know on that.
    DFBB said:
    sullipa8 said:
    I missed the first session but did 11 and 10 cycles in the next two. In order to get in 5 min cycles, it was necessary to only manually bat three times per cycle. My only trouble spot with sims was 3.8(20/20 gwynn, w/lvl 15 xfactor, lost four times). Other than that, sims went really well. Double first pitch(best skill everrr!!!) Brett(no xfactor) only lost one sim at 3.7 and my CL only lost one sim at 3.9.
    Overall, I thought it was fantastic. I haven't cared about many WoH events this year, but I cared about this one. 
    I kind of figured you have to sim all rounds except 1.10, 2.10, and 3.10. I also ran into a few sim losses which slowed me down. I definitely want another crack at something like this. Since a few of you said you could do it, I want to see if I can too.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Will they do the same setup again this weekend as yesterday with WoH?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I Really enjoyed the new twist but I’m not sure what you guys mean by your progress not carrying over. I only did 5 cycles but they were in 2 different hours and I got the rewards for 5 cycles. Also, I got the push notifications 
    @2003cobra - that's interesting.  I did 6 cycles in the first window and my cycle rewards status was reset to zero when the second window opened - I got frustrated and didn't play the rest of the day.  Hopefully your experience is what Glu intended to happen and I was just a casualty of the experiment.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    @2003cobra - that's interesting.  I did 6 cycles in the first window and my cycle rewards status was reset to zero when the second window opened - I got frustrated and didn't play the rest of the day.  Hopefully your experience is what Glu intended to happen and I was just a casualty of the experiment.
    This.  I got (4) cycles in the first one, and when I opened during the second window and saw I was back down to 0/10....I closed that shit down and didn't play again.  That's the one thing that really ticked me off.

Otherwise, the format was an awesome addition.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    yeah it seems like different people experienced different outcomes which is obviously unfortuante
    For some reason, the Cycle Rewards progress didn’t carry over from the first hour of WOH but did from the second hour.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @SandlotGuru I didn’t play the first hour so maybe it got corrected for the last 2