610 coming this Friday will be the last bump

TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
I don’t see them bumping players once 2021 is out.
Prev134

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Doubtful.

edit: but i'm wrong all the time. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    My hunch is that there is a bump this weekend to 610 and a final bump on the last weekend before TSB21 is released worldwide (3/12-3/14).  This would make business sense for Glu so that we all have to spend just a little extra to chase those elite 625 keepers, which may be better than the ATGs (think Cruz and Brett from last year).  Does anyone recall the sequence of events from the end of TSB19 - i.e. dates that the final bump to 600 happened, that TSB20 was released, etc?   
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Seeing as how 600 ovr keepers are at ~565 right now, I would imagine two bumps are on the horizon. I wouldn't be surprised if 21 dropped immediately after the final bump as @SandlotGuru is suggesting. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    really depends on when the next game is being released.   If its in a few weeks then one more bump makes sense.   Ifs not till last week of march or first week of april I see probably two more bumps
    edited February 2021
    really depends on when the next game is being released.   If its in a few weeks then one more bump makes sense.   Ifs not till last week of march or first week of april I see probably two more bumps
    Very possible as keepers are at x0.94, and 640 x 0.94 = 601 (round down to 600, the current max rating).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Very possible as keepers are at x0.94, and 640 x 0.94 = 601 (round down to 600, the current max rating).
    good call, i've completely forgotten about my keepers lol
    good call, i've completely forgotten about my keepers lol
    I had to open the app and find one to see that they're 565's right now 😅
    It was publicly announced that TSB21 will be released worldwide on Monday March 15th - so we've got to back up from there.  My assumption is that on that day TSB20 dies off.  I lived in Canada last year - can someone else confirm that this is what happened last year?
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    So will VIP gifts come this Friday or next Friday on March 5th?
  • Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    I would think if the worldwide release is on March 15 the beta test version should be any day now 
    If March 15th is the date, id guess just one more boost
    So will VIP gifts come this Friday or next Friday on March 5th?
    next, always first Friday of the month
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    They bump every 3 weeks. I just don't see them releasing 2021 on March 15th and having a last bump on 2020 on March 19th with only 4 625 players + ATGs. 

From Friday, we will have 3 weeks to enjoy our 610s and season should end on March14th. 
    We are all beta testers
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Is March 15 confirmed release date? The messaging I’ve seen says register by that date, not necessarily releasing that date. Historically the new game has arrived very close to opening day.
    edited February 2021
    Looking back at last year - the 600 max players were first issued on Wednesday 2/26 (Davey Johnson) and the last set of boxes were issued on Monday 3/16 (Ernie Banks).  Just speculation, but I agree with the OP that if this year plays out like last, that we should get our final bump tomorrow.

Thanks to @WackGoneLoco for your incredible record keeping!   
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Is March 15 confirmed release date? The messaging I’ve seen says register by that date, not necessarily releasing that date. Historically the new game has arrived very close to opening day.
    It's their target date, but an official release date won't be announced because things don't always go accordingly. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    because things don't always go accordingly. 
    Pssh, give me one example of a time something Glu has done that hasn't gone accordingly... 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    samtheman said:
    2020 dropped on a Tuesday March 17th I think 21 will drop Tuesday March 16th... 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Ready for a fresh build and once again the silver life 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Bench is showing 610 in Collections already.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Yes....totally been waiting all year for legend Chris Hoiles to be released.. dude had like 150 home runs and over 700 hits in his career.. beast 💪🏻

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Definitely not a MLB legend but definitely an Oriole legend for sure.
  • FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Yes....totally been waiting all year for legend Chris Hoiles to be released.. dude had like 150 home runs and over 700 hits in his career.. beast 💪🏻

He was so amazing and well known that they needed to release a second version of him.
    Just no.  
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    And guys like me had to google him to see who he was
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    While he may not be an overall legend of baseball, he is one of 13 players in MLB history to hit 2 grand slams in one game. Thousands of players have played in the MLB, but only 13 have been able to do that. So yes, it’s fun to laugh that GLU would consider Hoiles a Legend, but that feat itself was legendary. 

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    While he may not be an overall legend of baseball, he is one of 13 players in MLB history to hit 2 grand slams in one game. Thousands of players have played in the MLB, but only 13 have been able to do that. So yes, it’s fun to laugh that GLU would consider Hoiles a Legend, but that feat itself was legendary. 

Thanks for sharing that link. I remember watching that game with my dad.
    I can guarantee that the other 12 aren’t legends but thanks for sharing. It is a definitely great accomplishment. I didn’t read that far into his bio
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    How about the only man to hit 2 Grand Slams in one inning? Mr. Fernando Tatis, Sr.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    How about the only man to hit 2 Grand Slams in one inning? Mr. Fernando Tatis, Sr.
    I guess 1 Fernando Tatis is all Glu can handle. Seriously, have they had a Sr and Jr together in the game? No Ken Griffey Jr, no Vlad Guerrero Sr, no Fernando Tatis Sr. 
  • WackGoneLocoWackGoneLoco Registered Users, Member 95 Posts
    Looking back at last year - the 600 max players were first issued on Wednesday 2/26 (Davey Johnson) and the last set of boxes were issued on Monday 3/16 (Ernie Banks).  Just speculation, but I agree with the OP that if this year plays out like last, that we should get our final bump tomorrow.

Thanks to @WackGoneLoco for your incredible record keeping!   
    Thanks for the shoutout 🙂 I was working on one for ‘20 but then glu showed their dominance over me with the resources I didn’t have so I stopped charting the players... one thing I wish I kept tract still was each player’s release date. Maybe glu will steal that idea from me eventually too with no recognition I put a ton of effort making those player charts in ‘18
    and ‘19.... 😜
    sullipa8 said:
    I guess 1 Fernando Tatis is all Glu can handle. Seriously, have they had a Sr and Jr together in the game? No Ken Griffey Jr, no Vlad Guerrero Sr, no Fernando Tatis Sr. 
    Wouldn’t those make some nice sets. The Molina trio, Ripken brothers , bonds duo or any other family combo would be cool