610 coming this Friday will be the last bump

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    sullipa8 said:
    How about the only man to hit 2 Grand Slams in one inning? Mr. Fernando Tatis, Sr.
    I guess 1 Fernando Tatis is all Glu can handle. Seriously, have they had a Sr and Jr together in the game? No Ken Griffey Jr, no Vlad Guerrero Sr, no Fernando Tatis Sr. 
    Wouldn’t those make some nice sets. The Molina trio, Ripken brothers , bonds duo or any other family combo would be cool 
    I can only see the price tag on those sets. Get Cal Ripken in the gold boxes and then to complete the set have to buy Billy Ripken for $49.99 in the specials. But it takes over 200k in gold to land Cal. Yeah, no thanks.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    Vlad Guerrero Sr 
    My second favorite player all time 😍 I'd hit purple VIP for him and hate myself after
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    How about the only man to hit 2 Grand Slams in one inning? Mr. Fernando Tatis, Sr.
    Or the only player to hit two grand slams in the same game from both sides of the plate....

Bill Mueller

The second grand slam was his third home run of the game 😯 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Are we pretty sure at this stage that there won’t be a bump past 610? Seems like it (especially because the March 2020 counter only goes to 14) but trying to ration out my remaining gold. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Are we pretty sure at this stage that there won’t be a bump past 610? Seems like it (especially because the March 2020 counter only goes to 14) but trying to ration out my remaining gold. 
    Personally I’m expecting 625, mostly because its such an obvious play from a business perspective. You have a sunsetting app you can squeeze one more lucrative, chase week out of, why wouldnt you do it? 

As for the counter, I believe thats for the player guarantee. So it seems reasonable they would want to release that player prior to the game “ending.” If they kept it at the standard 30 no one would ever be able to use him in an event (unless they linger on 20’).

All that said, could totally end at 610, just my opinion that it won’t. Also my opinion that there isnt a ton to gain locking in keepers now vs 2-3 weeks from now with a bit more info. Seems to me its more likely ill regret locking in too early than too late.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Personally I’m expecting 625, mostly because its such an obvious play from a business perspective. You have a sunsetting app you can squeeze one more lucrative, chase week out of, why wouldnt you do it? 

As for the counter, I believe thats for the player guarantee. So it seems reasonable they would want to release that player prior to the game “ending.” If they kept it at the standard 30 no one would ever be able to use him in an event (unless they linger on 20’).

All that said, could totally end at 610, just my opinion that it won’t. Also my opinion that there isnt a ton to gain locking in keepers now vs 2-3 weeks from now with a bit more info. Seems to me its more likely ill regret locking in too early than too late.
    With the amount of top teams that found their way into Beta, I'd say its highly unlikely.  The money is in 21'  

The 2020 season is done. We all have our keepers. There's not much else to say...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"

Lock in awesome keepers now 🤔🤔🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I hate asking such a dumb question but...

Has anyone asked? 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Metsicans said:

With the amount of top teams that found their way into Beta, I'd say its highly unlikely.  The money is in 21'  

The 2020 season is done. We all have our keepers. There's not much else to say...
    I mean they'd continue to make money in 21' either way, they'd just make one last chunk in 20'. I could see them pandering to the crowd that jumped the gun on keepers but they don't have any obligation to. 20' is still putting out new players daily and the actual launch of 21' is still at least two weeks away. The guys who locked in might just end up trading 15 max on their keepers in order to get a 2-4 week head start in building their 21' team, probably a pretty even tradeoff anyway. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Based on info the last few days I am even more convinced 610 will be the max. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Based on info the last few days I am even more convinced 610 will be the max. 
    And Keepers have been forgotten and never see their true Max? Hopefully they get bumped before the last damn day, along with a 625 on the last day 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2021
    In the 18 version, they came out with 550s for the very last event. We had a Mets box and a Giants box featuring 550 LL deGrom, 550 Will Clark and 550 Jack Clark. Then, in the 19 version they squeezed out 600s for the very last event with the dbl vsLHP Jose Cruz and  dbl vsRHP Johnny Bench. I'd be inclined to see that trend hold, but who knows.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Those guys were at least a week before the game ended.    The last weekend last year had a Luis Gonzalaz that was RHP/HH
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited March 2021
    And Brett, Wallach and Rice, all different boxes. So seems like a couple weeks of 600 last year at least.
    Those guys were at least a week before the game ended.    The last weekend last year had a Luis Gonzalaz that was RHP/HH

Ok, yep. Remember that now. I think 18 it was just one event with the 550 boxes. But, would be more inclined to see them do what they did last year than the year before. So there's no established trend, but would make more sense for things to happen like they did in 19 than they did in 18 to close this one out.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    They also introduced all those boxes at the end for like 700 gold and you had one more opportunity to get a max 600 keeper. All the ATGs were on there
    YardGoats said:
    They also introduced all those boxes at the end for like 700 gold and you had one more opportunity to get a max 600 keeper. All the ATGs were on there

Except Musial! The one keeper I wanted most lol
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I guess I should continue to stash gold for now. Annoying but I want to make sure I land a max pitcher. I have 9 ATGs but none of them are pitchers. 
    Imagine knowing the exact end date so you can figure out how you want to play things. 

Must be too much work 🥱
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I don’t plan on spending any gold until 20 is over. I’m hoping that they do the 700 gold boxes again 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    ugh.  I still greatly regret keeping Cruz over Gonzalez 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    All I know is I foolishly picked a keeper from 19 who was slightly below top line.  He remained pretty useless throughout 20 while my other keeper Cruz raked.  Fighting my impatient fault like crazy!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    I guess I should continue to stash gold for now. Annoying but I want to make sure I land a max pitcher. I have 9 ATGs but none of them are pitchers. 
    Assuming that 610 will be the max, I opened 110 Young/Verlander boxes and got nothing. Never hated the game as much as I do now
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Assuming that 610 will be the max, I opened 110 Young/Verlander boxes and got nothing. Never hated the game as much as I do now
    I pulled Young on my 9th box.  Have you tried sacrificing livestock?  Did the trick for me, but those 9 goats will be missed.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @Piglet1899 - sorry man, that's brutal.  You had a 97.5% chance to pull 1+ players, so you were truly unfortunate.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Well I got this response to my inquiry about a Keeper/Legend bump. Seems like they are done working on 20

• FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,092 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    Somehow I got CY in the first box, but that's probably because I have zero desire to play the game these days.
    Just no.  
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    I was staring at Sabo’s skill set and completely forgot lead-off was a skill...poor guy lol
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I hope 20 goes out with a bang because the boxes thus far have been garbage.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I hope 20 goes out with a bang because the boxes thus far have been garbage.
    Just wait till you see what 21' has to offer you
    "If you can't beat them, report them"