610 coming this Friday will be the last bump

Comments

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Usually they wait until the new game is out of beta before they tell you to ignore the old one. Not this year.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I hope 20 goes out with a bang because the boxes thus far have been garbage.
    yea i was pretty stunned how bad today's is
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I think there are two things likely playing out here.  GLU wants to migrate everyone out of 20 and in to 21 grind and roster building as soon as possible.  I think they learned their lesson with 18...where the end of the year was sort of fun to play still, and way too many people hung on that platform for way too long.  I think this is why 19 ended with such a thud.  They wanted everyone done with that ASAP.  There was nothing attractive about sticking around after the season ended.  Still want to cycle WOH?  Fine, but you're getting shit players for it.  

Simultaneously, I have a hard time believing GLU would pass up an opportunity for one last significant revenue bump if they can get it.  Which is why I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest to see 625's released for the last weekend only that people chase as keepers.  I hate it, but I'm pretty much expecting it at this point. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    WOH in ‘19 was never close to the end run of ‘18. What happened with the Monday version I think they honestly just forgot to update it and then decided to leave it. Royale WOH in ‘19 is still typical for that game.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    I was staring at Sabo’s skill set and completely forgot lead-off was a skill...poor guy lol
    Glu must hate Sabo because they seem to always give him disgusting skill sets.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    I was staring at Sabo’s skill set and completely forgot lead-off was a skill...poor guy lol
    Glu must hate Sabo because they seem to always give him disgusting skill sets.
    It's terrible or WoH, but awesome for everything else. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    I don’t see leadoff as a premium skill for anything 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I mean, it's active 100% of the time in non-woh modes. That seems solid. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Really would like to know if 610 is the end game. Someone like that Gagne today could be a keeper of waste of gold 🤔
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    its amazing for literally everything but woh.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Really would like to know if 610 is the end game. Someone like that Gagne today could be a keeper of waste of gold 🤔
    100%. I’ve got several ATG hitters that would make fine keepers. I’ve got that recent 610 Verlander that’ll work if 610 is the final max. 

I would probably rather take 2 pitchers and 2 hitters, and Gagne would be good, unless they go to 625. If i knew 610 were going to be it, I would likely throw everything I had at this box and be happy with either Gagne or Young. 
    Keep asking CS maybe at one point they will provide a real answer and not just bs.
  • ThunderstormerThunderstormer Registered Users, Member 215 Posts
    I’m thinking/hoping they drop one more ATG and 625s tomorrow along with keepers to 600max. Don’t figure they would do all at once, but within next two weeks. Man still like what I like about this game, but damn it’s been a cookie cutter procession of endless players available, along with countless variations of same players, with customer communication seemingly being conducted from another universe. 
    People do seem excited about 21’ 🤔🤔🤔😂😂😂
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    I can just about promise they’ll go to 625. I know this, because I pulled Gagne today. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    And...the elusive 3B switch hitting ATG coming tomorrow. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Here comes Chipper Jones!

edit: follow up to @CanadaCubs...lol
    It’s the perfect storm for Glu to make the 625 bump. People will chase HARD. And it’s VIP weekend. 
    Skill set?
    Skill set?
    His last 2 releases were HH and RISP.  So I'm gonna guess that...
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    We can always pray for double HH though 🤞 I mean it is called HOTlanta 😁
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Nah, it will be RHP and LHP since he’s a switch hitter. This is the logic they will use.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I doubt 625 but given he's a switch hitter, people are going to drop a ton.
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    Nah, it will be RHP and LHP since he’s a switch hitter. This is the logic they will use.
    Lol.  Would be the least chased ATG ever 
    Sticking by my prediction of 610 being the max and I definitely dont think there would be another bump only a week later anyway
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    I asked CS, they pretty much said wait and find out.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Since they already gave out the monthly VIP gift, Can the VIP emails gifts have some of those ATG Tony Gwynn boxes! 
    So we will know by Friday. Any believers left in the 625 outcome?
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    My crystal ball suggests that 610 is the final max rating.  All signs point to '20 only having a 7 day shelf life and since they haven't released any amazing 610s yet, I expect to see at least one keeper quality player in each box this week.  It feels like most of the big spenders have already started playing '21, so I'm not sure that there is a big financial incentive for Glu to do anything surprising to finish out the year - it may just be on auto-pilot.  
    Hrbek in the first 610 box was amazing.
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Agree on Hrbek - that dude is a monster!  1st pitch is my favorite skill.  If they release a double 1st pitch guy, the chase is on.