Options

Keeper Question

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
Any reason to keep an ATG over a regular Legend with better numbers?  I'm looking at Hoiles (610/711/619) vs Berra (610/711/612).  I know this year only keepers that were ATGs got the X-factor.  Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats not true. My Cruz got an xfactor on him.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Glu's coding gives a significant advantage to platoon matchups (i.e. L vs R).  Since about 80% of all ABs are against RHPs, a left-handed or switch hitter is always a huge plus.  Hoiles also has the RISP skill which isn't very good.  IMO Berra would be the easy choice there.   
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Thats not true. My Cruz got an xfactor on him.
    Ahhh, yes, my bad.  My F2P team keeper pitcher was Kershaw and he was only a prime, so he did not get X-factor.  I thought he was a low level legend.
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    xracman said:
    Any reason to keep an ATG over a regular Legend with better numbers?  I'm looking at Hoiles (610/711/619) vs Berra (610/711/612).  I know this year only keepers that were ATGs got the X-factor.  Thoughts?
    Xfactors were added later in the year and I expect them to be on all keepers this time so I wouldnt let that factor into your decision at all.    If you are deciding between Hoiles and Berra, the ratings are basically the same so I would ask yourself which skill set you like more based on how you play the game.    Theres no wrong answer, I would guess a majority of people would choose Berra but again its really your call.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Just an FYI: ML also has 2x skills and an Xfactor(plat+), which will ultimately make him better than any keeper. For that reason, I'd ignore position and just take the best bats. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    Don’t forget about pennants also, you’re probably more than likely to upgrade Yankees than the Orioles. I’d go with Berra here. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I just want to add that the ratings you see this year don't exactly equate to the ratings they have in 21.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    Webberoni77Webberoni77 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I can't seem to find where to get my keepers in 21... 
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Make sure you get past Novice or Rookie level (can't remember which) then the option will pop up. 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Make sure your account is linked to your 20' profile. Then  play a few bonus games. Should pop up 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"