TSB 21 all star progression question

YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
For those who are able to play the beta did the all star progression carry over yet? If so, are the levels the same as 20? First time carrying over VIP so just curious if I will have the same rewards/perks or if they differ year to year.

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2021
    All star progression carries over and all your all star levels can be collected immediately. The biggest change is that starting on level 10, most gifts(including the vip gift today) come with a random multiplier.  Level 10, for example, has up to a 3x multiplier. If your multiplier was 3x, it means you get the vip gift x3. Higher all star levels have higher multiplier potential. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    It only goes up to 20 right now, so anyone above all star level 20 will have to wait for further rewards down the road. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • KCTribeKCTribe Registered Users, Member 262 Posts
    Interesting... surely this means the VIP gifts will be watered down in 2021? What did the VIP gift look like today?
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Like this:

💩
    Lol, I believe it. So if you’re lucky enough to be VIP and get it 3x you get:

💩💩💩
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    So not much of a incentive for me to spend to get that badge next year. I was kind of contemplating it this year but posts like that make me extremely weary, why would I spend real money to get crap and then once you get the 'cool crowd' badge you get crapped on. I would much rather get crapped on and save my money. Like I think I said in a previous thread why would I spend to get a VIP badge when VIP'S are complaining as much as non VIP's?
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    It’s hard to complain about the gifts but very easy to complain about how horrible the box odds are every vip weekend. Almost every player box on every vip weekend turns into xp. I’ve pulled 1 useful player from vip boxes during 2020
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats a tough assumption to make, mostly true...But I know a few guys who got chipper this weekend from VIP gifts. Just luck of the draw. But the common theme is that box pulls are much worse when vip gifts go out.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    dkarski87 said:
    Thats a tough assumption to make, mostly true...But I know a few guys who got chipper this weekend from VIP gifts. Just luck of the draw. But the common theme is that box pulls are much worse when vip gifts go out.
    I should have said that free the gifts are good but if you put money in the game I'd think the odds should be a little more tilted to the VIP's since they spend the money and that would definitely go a long way into me going for that badge. If odds stink for VIP'S as well as non VIP's what's the incentive just save my money and farm gold to use on boxes, play CvC, or get lucky on gifts and achievement awards 🤷.
    I  will say that staying silver and receiving the lxp and pxp has kept me playing for free and capping players whenever I’ve wanted-but not being stupid about it. I’ve come to accept that the box odds are very poor on those weekends but the xp keeps me going. 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    I spent a chunk at the end of last year to be VIP, specifically for the gifts.  Was the biggest waste ever.  In a full season...I have pulled exactly ZERO useful players from them
    I spent a chunk at the end of last year to be VIP, specifically for the gifts.  Was the biggest waste ever.  In a full season...I have pulled exactly ZERO useful players from them
    Not a good way to entice more people to become VIP. The majority of people that become VIP I assume are probably people who are new a don't really know what they are getting themselves into.
    edited March 2021
    2003cobra said:
    I  will say that staying silver and receiving the lxp and pxp has kept me playing for free and capping players whenever I’ve wanted-but not being stupid about it. I’ve come to accept that the box odds are very poor on those weekends but the xp keeps me going. 
    This is why I took a break from the game for almost 2 months and now I’m seeing if I can play without spending...so far, so good.  If I stay silver or gold tier, then the VIP gifts will be nice for the xp, pxp, and lxp.  If I get a player, it might actually help my team too, since I will not have wasted a bunch of money to constantly level players for club events, etc.

Might actually be a decent game experience within those parameters. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: I’ll add that pulling Mays from a CvC box last weekend was encouraging...but I expect that will be an anomaly, lol.
    I know know that everybody plays this game for different reasons but I was able to drastically reduce PT and only made 1 purchase to stop the ads. The only thing that I would do differently next year is to buy the stadium gold instead of $1.99 purchase. I have 4 ATGs but only 1 of them is the best player at their position and you can only take 3  so why chase them? 
  • TheFullMonteTheFullMonte Registered Users, Member 1,589 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Not a good way to entice more people to become VIP. The majority of people that become VIP I assume are probably people who are new a don't really know what they are getting themselves into.
    What’s more...I’m one of those that now refuses to spend $$$ on VIP weekend because the pulls are so awful.

I’m 80k gold deep this weekend without pulling a single player I would level.  ZERO chance of spending any cash with shit like this every time.
    I believe that Wednesday/Thursday  boxes have the best odds and there is only 1 box instead of 2 so that’s when I will usually buy them. Weekend box odds are typically bad but vip weekends are horrendous. I’ve been bored this weekend and haven’t played at all(ecxceot cvc) because I don’t have any players and I’m not chasing any. 
    2003cobra said:
    I believe that Wednesday/Thursday  boxes have the best odds and there is only 1 box instead of 2 so that’s when I will usually buy them. Weekend box odds are typically bad but vip weekends are horrendous. I’ve been bored this weekend and haven’t played at all(ecxceot cvc) because I don’t have any players and I’m not chasing any. 
    I agree with the statement for the Wednesday/Thursday boxes. I have 4 ATG'S and 2 of them came from those boxes. 1 came from a Monday box and the other from a weekend box that was an achievement box believe it or not. Most of my foil legends and legends have come from Wednesday/Thursday boxes. I wish I picked up on that earlier would have planned better and still have a fair amount of gold left😂🤷 
    I pulled Tenace and Ankiel from the VIP gift, spent 2500 gold and got Lemon, and just now from a CvC box I got Yount. Plus I pulled Mays about a week ago. Just crazy. I don’t think the rewards are intentionally nerfed on VIP weekend, luck just comes and goes in waves.
    2003cobra said:
     I have 4 ATGs but only 1 of them is the best player at their position and you can only take 3  so why chase them? 
    Bonus points. If it’s not a priority, it’s an entirely different game. Even at diamond, the ‘grind’ is infinitely more chill when you don’t prioritize club points. 

I know that math isn’t for everyone and narratives are fun, but I wouldn’t give much weight to anecdotal experiences. Instead, apply common sense and follow the dollar. 

Are the All-Star levels the same in 21?  I know it was stated that it only goes up to level 20 right now, but for those 20 levels, does it require the same amount of tickets to reach each level or is each tier more tickets than it was in TSB 20?
  • betweenthievesbetweenthieves Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    When is the 2021 game going to be available in the USA?

Tomorrow @betweenthieves
  • betweenthievesbetweenthieves Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    Cool, Thanks

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Are the All-Star levels the same in 21?  I know it was stated that it only goes up to level 20 right now, but for those 20 levels, does it require the same amount of tickets to reach each level or is each tier more tickets than it was in TSB 20?

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Thank you sir
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    I do have to say that the multiplier for gifts is a great new feature. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    ...and it can be yours for the low, low price of $20,000!!
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @DFBB
    Is there a chart anywhere with every perk gained on every Allstar level? I know a guy who is All Star 4 and had the 7 hour season mode perk last year but doesn't have it this year. 
    @DFBB
    Is there a chart anywhere with every perk gained on every Allstar level? I know a guy who is All Star 4 and had the 7 hour season mode perk last year but doesn't have it this year. 
    I don’t have a chart for it, but I just checked for you. Level 3 in ‘20 had the  seven hour season mode and apparently, that perk was removed for ‘21. I don’t see a seven hour perk anywhere, but level 8 does offer a six hour season mode(just like ‘20). 
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    @DFBB
    Thanks for passing that along. 
    So I guess nearly F2P players (purchasing for ad removal or ballpark only) are going to have to deal with 8 hour waits on season mode.