Keepers for 21 help

Comments

• Grizzly99Grizzly99 Registered Users, Member 249 Posts
    When you go from bronze to silver then to gold will your ATG keeper’s overall rate increase. I see mine are 280 max right busy. I’m trying to justify paying double to level up my ATG keepers vs the other players . Thanks 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Grizzly99 said:
    When you go from bronze to silver then to gold will your ATG keeper’s overall rate increase. I see mine are 280 max right busy. I’m trying to justify paying double to level up my ATG keepers vs the other players . Thanks 
    The max rating represents what they will top out at diamond 10. The actual ratings limit(b10 vs s10, etc.) will increase from tier to tier, but will have no impact on the 'max' rating. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    Grizzly99 said:
    The max rating represents what they will top out at diamond 10. The actual ratings limit(b10 vs s10, etc.) will increase from tier to tier, but will have no impact on the 'max' rating. 
    Thanks. So why would you waste resources on them ?
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Grizzly99 said:
     As a woh player, Keepers have been useful to me all year long. At worst, you stop using them when Primes come out.
     Keeper upgrade cost is 3x a bxp player. Which would you consider a bigger waste of resources: upgrading 3 no-skill bxp players that will be irrelevant in a couple weeks, or having a set-and-forget player with a position and 2 skills of your choosing that will be helpful for months? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited February 2021
    Grizzly99 said:
    DFBB said:
    Grizzly99 said:
    Their overall increases about once every month or two until the next version comes out. 

Edit: so if your keepers are atg's, they'll go from 280 to whatever their max ends up being (610, 625, 640, whatever). If they aren't atg's, they'll finish at whatever their max rating is (595/610/whatever).
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Thanks for the response guys
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    Why don't I have the love for Bench?  1st pitch is a huge turnoff for me since it doesn't work in CvC.  Am I mistaken?
    Why don't I have the love for Bench?  1st pitch is a huge turnoff for me since it doesn't work in CvC.  Am I mistaken?
    True, but it works in woh/games. Many don't really care to 'compete' in cvc so for those guys, it's amazing.
  • babyjbootsbabyjboots Registered Users, Member 465 Posts
    I see.  I also like Ripken a lot and I'm definitely not taking Schmidt.  I also like Williams but his skillset and position will probably be seen quite a bit.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Bench is by far my best performer on my team. He will definitely be my first keeper chosen. 
  • Webberoni77Webberoni77 Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I am torn at which combo of C/1B and R/L combo I am going to keep:

1) Bench & Gehrig
    2) Berra & Foxx

I like the extra power Foxx has, which has me leaning towards my second option. Thoughts?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited March 2021

1) Bench & Gehrig
    2) Berra & Foxx

I like the extra power Foxx has, which has me leaning towards my second option. Thoughts?
    I have Gehrig and yes the RoB is an above average skill but the the combo of RoB and RISP sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. Have to be careful of situations in WoH you play Gehrig. He can be effective because he's essentially a switch hitter because of his skills. I would definitely take Bench the other guy idk.... Foxx would definitely be the better option but I know you're going for R/L combo too🤷
    I still say there is Eddie Mathews out there still 2x Rhp or 2x 1st pitch. There will be people willing to prostitute themselves for that player. Sad but insanely true.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I will 100%
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy

1) Bench & Gehrig
    2) Berra & Foxx

I have Gehrig and yes the RoB is an above average skill but the the combo of RoB and RISP sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. Have to be careful of situations in WoH you play Gehrig. He can be effective because he's essentially a switch hitter because of his skills. I would definitely take Bench the other guy idk.... Foxx would definitely be the better option but I know you're going for R/L combo too🤷
    I'm not dead set on the R/L combo, but thought it would be ideal.  I was also trying to cover 2 different teams (ie: not Berra & Gehrig both being from the Yankees).  I've thought about Foxx and Bench, since Bench has a bit better hitting than Berra. I could live with taking 2 righties, if I think they're the better players.
    I was also trying to cover 2 different teams (ie: not Berra & Gehrig both being from the Yankees).  
    You save pennants if they're on the same team 🤷

I've thought about Foxx and Bench, since Bench has a bit better hitting than Berra. 
    Does he have a better hit rating in 21? Someone may be "better" than someone else in 20, and have the exact same ratings as keepers in 21. You just need to keep an eye on that. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    I was also trying to cover 2 different teams (ie: not Berra & Gehrig both being from the Yankees).  

I've thought about Foxx and Bench, since Bench has a bit better hitting than Berra. 
    Does he have a better hit rating in 21? Someone may be "better" than someone else in 20, and have the exact same ratings as keepers in 21. You just need to keep an eye on that. 
    True enough about pennants.  I was thinking more from the bonus points angle.  I forgot that all keepers are likely to be equal in 21, regardless of subtle differences in 20, so the 2 boosts are probably more important to consider when picking.  Thanks for the perspective.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts

True enough about pennants.  I was thinking more from the bonus points angle.  I forgot that all keepers are likely to be equal in 21, regardless of subtle differences in 20, so the 2 boosts are probably more important to consider when picking.  Thanks for the perspective.
    If your goal is to play woh, then bring the best in that department. If your goal is to be diamond,  then bring the best in that department.  Its expensive at first,  but it's the best investment for the first half of the season. after that,  they're useless 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    My keepers are Cobb and this guy
    Bench is definitely my number 1 keeper
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts
    I think Brett should be in that discussion. 
    We are all beta testers
    I had so many 3rd basemen and I’m only taking keepers based on position-catcher ,SS and 2b unless something really awesome pops up
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Has anybody played enough in 2021 to determine if the platoon split is as pronounced as it was in 20?
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited March 2021
    I was hoping to pull Richardson from the current boxes but got Snow instead. I’ve been behind the curve on 2nd base all year. 

I’ve got my eye on WOH skills, not including blowout. 

As things stand, Snow, Ripken and Chipper will be my 3, giving me one lefty, a righty and a switch. I’ll have to play ML on second. 

Edit. Just pulled Willie Mays. Got to keep those skills. 
    This muddied the waters for me about who I keep right now possibly it will be Bench and this guy. Maybe bye bye Cobb??? I'm not a VIP so only 2 position players for me.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    RodFarva said:
    Has anybody played enough in 2021 to determine if the platoon split is as pronounced as it was in 20?
    Platoon split has been strong since TSB ‘14 and I don’t expect that change.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    This muddied the waters for me about who I keep right now possibly it will be Bench and this guy. Maybe bye bye Cobb??? I'm not a VIP so only 2 position players for me.
    for anyone that prioritizes Walk Off, I think Chipper is a solid choice

for anyone that prioritizes Walk Off, I think Chipper is a solid choice

WoH and CvC. That global gift Hank Aaron is still doing amazing for me with those skills just imagine those skills on a switch hitter.
    edited March 2021
    samtheman said:
    Platoon split has been strong since TSB ‘14 and I don’t expect that change.
    It seems like every pitcher I've seen in CVC have all been LHP so far 🥴 but stats still show a heavy rotation of RHP and  very noticeable differences in VLHP and VRHP batting averages. 
    As of today, these would be my keepers: