Keepers for 21 help

Comments

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @TakeMeOutToTheBall I'm not a fan of HH for my keepers. Early on, my focus is on WoH and winning games at diamond. 
    Then Hrbek should be ahead of JT
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I think that HH skills should suffer at the beginning due to low hit ratings that we start out with. As the keeper ratings increase so will their productivity-I wish that we could reset their stats each time the keepers get boosted. I’m taking keepers based on position rather than overall skills so I may have a different mentality than most others. SS ,2b and Catcher were the 3 hardest positions for me to pull so I’m going with Bench,Robinson and Templeton  
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I think that HH skills should suffer at the beginning due to low hit ratings that we start out with. As the keeper ratings increase so will their productivity-I wish that we could reset their stats each time the keepers get boosted. I’m taking keepers based on position rather than overall skills so I may have a different mentality than most others. SS ,2b and Catcher were the 3 hardest positions for me to pull so I’m going with Bench,Robinson and Templeton  
    I can definitely understand that approach. The only suggestion I'd make is maybe stick ML at one of those 3 positions so you focus on ideal skills for your third keeper. ML should be great his year with X-factor so you could still lock in all 3 of those position while taking your best skill guy regardless of position. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I was still using ML in 20 for the most of the year TBH. Because the skills were so cheap to do compared to Keepers, I had him set as a x2 Lefty since both my keepers were leftys and I needed someone for WOH. He crushed it all year for me. ML is arguably your best player in the game for many months.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    edited March 2021
    2003cobra said:
    I can definitely understand that approach. The only suggestion I'd make is maybe stick ML at one of those 3 positions so you focus on ideal skills for your third keeper. ML should be great his year with X-factor so you could still lock in all 3 of those position while taking your best skill guy regardless of position. 
    My legend doesn't get an x Factor until you go platinum, though. :-(

Edit: if you plan on staying silver, he doesn't even have a second skill.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    You should totally go platinum 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    This is the same John that said "i'm staying silver" then pushed diamond, then bought another diamond team later in the year. You ain't staying silver for more then 2 weeks.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    I burned out 2 years in a row and have been complaining on here the whole time, I'd be ridiculously foolish to do it again.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    At silver ML can’t pick up a second skill nor did he ever get an x-factor. Does that change in 21? ML played roughly 15% of my games in 20 because of the lack of skills so I don’t put much value in him unless it’s different in 21.  I have been thinking about 610 JT Snow that I just pulled for woh but I barely used Musial for woh last year. I don’t think that my keepers were in my lineup past July and I remember how easy woh was and how much complaining there was on the forum about the ease of it that I’m not really concerned about it this year 
    2003cobra said:
    At silver ML can’t pick up a second skill nor did he ever get an x-factor. Does that change in 21? ML played roughly 15% of my games in 20 because of the lack of skills so I don’t put much value in him unless it’s different in 21.  I have been thinking about 610 JT Snow that I just pulled for woh but I barely used Musial for woh last year. I don’t think that my keepers were in my lineup past July and I remember how easy woh was and how much complaining there was on the forum about the ease of it that I’m not really concerned about it this year 
    No, it's the same. my legend gets a second skill at gold and an x Factor at platinum.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    My legend doesn't get an x Factor until you go platinum, though. :-(

Edit: if you plan on staying silver, he doesn't even have a second skill.
    A conundrum for sure.    I have often referred to Plat as "no mans land."   I think the last two years I have maybe spent a week total in platinum just because I dont see a ton of value there.    But yeah Gold seems ideal for taking a step back but then things get rolling and plans change :(
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    DFBB said:
    @TakeMeOutToTheBall I'm not a fan of HH for my keepers. Early on, my focus is on WoH and winning games at diamond. 
    Then Hrbek should be ahead of JT
    Kent was my choice before I got Snow. It's actually real close between them. Snow gets the edge in WoH(top priority)and Kent gets the edge in games. The big edge in CvC goes to Snow, which served as a tie break of sorts for me. Fwiw, I've entertained the idea of bringing both Snow and Kent and I still might. Snow is locked in for me, but my last spot looks like it's either Brett or Kent.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    That's why I'm strongly considering Bench. Really good catchers are hard to come by early on and up until legends drop. Outfielders are a dime a dozen all through the life of the year. I like Jones a switch hitting third baseman with 2x RoB those skills should rake over all modes.
    Yeah, I think it all depends on 1. What you want, and 2. How you plan on playing. If you don't plan on playing a whole lot or hoarding a bunch of gold to chase players, then position plays a big part in it. I've always had a difficult time finding a C and SS, so those two held pretty high value in my eyes. 
    Yup, C 2B, and actually 1B was tough for me in 2020 until I lucked out on the Thanksgiving Bagwell and then shortly after got Gehrig. That's why I'm still considering Gehrig too.
    @retirepujols thanks for letting me know. Too bad I can’t make him a pitcher. 
    2b was by far last last position to pull a legend. I finally got Jackie and the pulled 595 2xHH Grich which at least gave me another option 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Should we expect him to be for purchase at some point this weekend?
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Could been similar to George Brett and only available on Sunday
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited March 2021
    I wasn’t playing the game at that time, so how did that work?  Brett was for purchase or in a special box?
    There was a special box for gold (not $$) on Sunday had Brett and a prime pitcher and then xp of some sort
    I was hoping they had a 610 Greg Maddox this weekend, but no pitchers at this time.
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    Musial is in the store. 

So Johnson or Morgan on 2B?
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    oh man, please dont do that again
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    I was going to keep Ted Williams (RHP, HH) and Hank Aaron (2x HH) but pulled Carter and Morgan so now I’ll probably full switch to those two.
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    oh man, please dont do that again
    I missed Brett previously - what happened?
    Sorry, read above...

Why would that scenario be bad? I'd love for that to happen... crap odds I assume?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I burned out 2 years in a row and have been complaining on here the whole time, I'd be ridiculously foolish to do it again.
    Hmmm...  maybe you and @drsmartassphd can start a club.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I thought burning out was part of the game
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Thekid84 said:
    Sorry, read above...

Why would that scenario be bad? I'd love for that to happen... crap odds I assume?
    Brett cost me around 15k gold which was roughly playing to the odds
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    That Davey Johnson is the unicorn that I've been waiting for all year.  I believe he's the only 610 max player with two always-on WOH skills against both lefties and righties - me wants!  I think what @Mattattack was referring to was just the fact that if Davey is released on Sunday, then you can only score points with him for half a day, which is a bit ridiculous.  Could this also mean that new bonus sets show up mid-event?  
    Thekid84 said:
    Sorry, read above...

Brett cost me around 15k gold which was roughly playing to the odds
    I mean I got 60k burning a hole, so I'd be cool with that