Davey Johnson

TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
edited March 2021 in General TSB Discussion
Davey Johnson with 2x first pitch in the collections. Unicorn or Troll?
Prev134

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    This smells of Larry Bowa
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts

"It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Dude this smells like fly poop when Bowa was Goldblum in Jurassic Park looking at Dino poop bad. 

• TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    He s definitively coming. They just added a picture.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    edited March 2021
    He s definitively coming. They just added a picture.
    With a 625? Still grasping for that elusive straw 😂
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Poor Peewee.  He didn’t deserve that 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I'm sorry but anytime PeeWee is mentioned all I hear in my brain is FOUR PEWEE REPULLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    As always, CS is SO helpful with this gameplay.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm sorry but anytime PeeWee is mentioned all I hear in my brain is FOUR PEWEE REPULLLLLLLLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Bro 💀💀💀💀💀💀💀💀 i miss his antics on line, tbh
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71

I had plenty of meme in mind. CS could be bots and I wouldn’t be surprised given the quality (or not) of answers you are getting. I could go a step further but I ll stop playing there.
    Still no signs on this box.  Any insight as to when it would launch today?
    We had a time change last night so good luck figuring out anything today.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Thekid84 said:
    Still no signs on this box.  Any insight as to when it would launch today?
    Thinking of the Brett box, it was early evening UK time. I’d say 7pm making it 2pm ET for most of you. 
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    Does anyone have a screen shot of the Brett/Glasnow box?  I know it was issued on 2/7 for 400 gold, but what were the player odds?  I recall getting Brett for about 15-20K and hoping that we see a similar box design for Davey.  
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    anyone else CONTINUALLY checking the specials tab in hopes that he pops there?
    Best gift from Glu ever would be if he was just a VIP guarantee box and the rest have a 50/50 box for him. I mean it's the last hours of shelf life on 20. We can all dream right?! 
    @JTANDME - no, but I'm obsessively checking the Mystery Box tab at the top of each hour.  I've had Davey on the brain all weekend.
    edited March 2021
    Ditto @SandlotGuru DITTO.
    And to be 100% truthful I blame YOU! I was only lukewarm on first pitch after seeing the light shut off on JT but you have swayed me. If the analytic guru says it's the best I trust him.
    @SandlotGuru what were the analytics again on 1st pitch? 
    @Thekid84 - the below was posted in another thread earlier this week.  To my knowledge no one has disagreed.  For someone like me who plays a WOH-centric style, 1st pitch is easily the best skill in the game, so Davey is an absolute must have player.

The magic of the 1st pitch skill is that it doesn't do what its name suggests it "should".  When playing either WOH or simming games, the outcomes are determined based upon active skills as of the beginning of the AB - outcomes are NOT re-calculated after each pitch.  So in the case of WOH, it is ALWAYS active.  Making this more confusing is that if you don't swing at the first pitch in WOH, the lights will go off, suggesting that the skill is no longer active.  This is misleading, because your actual results are unaffected by the lights going off.  Tons of players have tested this and arrived at the same conclusion - 1st pitch is best skill in the game for WOH (same as late innings skill).  When simming games the same logic applies, 1st pitch is ALWAYS on and you'll find that the stats put up by guys with 1st pitch will prove that out.  So in conclusion, for some bizarre reason (coding error?) its the best skill in the game for WOH and simming games, its just not active for CVC.

These ideas have all been plagiarized from DFBB.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Does anyone have a screen shot of the Brett/Glasnow box?  I know it was issued on 2/7 for 400 gold, but what were the player odds?  I recall getting Brett for about 15-20K and hoping that we see a similar box design for Davey.  
    The average luck cost was inside that range because I got him for approx 15k gold plus a cash purchase that gave you 4 or 5 boxes. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I gave an explanation in January( https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/comment/6964964#Comment_6964964 ), but many of us were well aware of the powers of 1st pitch ever since werewolf Turner. As a result, most guys in my club changed their created legend to either 'vs rhp'/1st pitch or 'vs lhp'/1st pitch. 

To add to the link above, I wasn't certain about the mechanics of first pitch(and tsb in general) until I played a series of h2h matches at VIP council. Having manually played a decent amount(WoH and actual games), I'm quite confident in my observation. Fwiw, I don't see it as a coding error. It's simply how the game was coded and if you're looking for logic, it just simplifies things. If there was an oversight, it was bringing such a skill into play, but that's a different topic altogether. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Where is the box?
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    If it isn’t up in 15 minutes...it probably isn’t coming
    #DaveyWatch20
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    YardGoats said:
    👀
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    This is starting to annoy me... 

But ATG boxes in specials... wonder if they get released for gold Monday.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    DFBB said:
    YardGoats said:
    👀
    I’ll give it another 45 minutes because of the time change...hahaha