Keepers for 21 help

Comments

• blueprint007blueprint007 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Ok, need some help guys. Waited to the very end to ask... I’m thinking of taking these 4 but my other options are:

ATG Mariano Rivera
    ATG Jimmie Foxx
    ATG Jackie Robinson

I’m almost for sure taking Babe, chipper, & posada .... kind of stuck between taking Gwynn or Rivera ? I’ve heard pitching is vital on ‘21..

• EamusCatuliEamusCatuli Registered Users, Member 66 Posts
    Ok, need some help guys. Waited to the very end to ask... I’m thinking of taking these 4 but my other options are:

ATG Mariano Rivera
    ATG Jimmie Foxx
    ATG Jackie Robinson

I’m almost for sure taking Babe, chipper, & posada .... kind of stuck between taking Gwynn or Rivera ? I’ve heard pitching is vital on ‘21..

I’d switch out Posada for Gwynn and take Mo. I brought over a less than max Posada for this year (same skills as the one you have too) and I regretted it. If you have the opportunity to bring a higher rated player, go for it. 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Unless I can pull Chipper, (who would replace Cal), these are the keepers I’m taking. 😎 

I have Cal and Chipper and if I take a 3rd batter it would be Cal simply because SS is harder to find a good one. They release a ton of great 3B every year. But of course you can always make your legend a SS.
  • 86MetsRock86MetsRock Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    I’ve heard conflicting info. Does everyone get 4 keepers or just VIPs?
  • RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    I’ve heard conflicting info. Does everyone get 4 keepers or just VIPs?
    Just VIPs
  • SandlotGuruSandlotGuru Registered Users, Member 285 Posts
    @86MetsRock - non-VIPs are allotted two keeper bats and one pitcher.  VIPs get a 4th keeper which can be ANY player.
  • 86MetsRock86MetsRock Registered Users, Member 2 Posts
    Thanks guys. Doing what I can to become a VIP :)
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    All it takes is spending cash but it has to be in one TSB season 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    All it takes is spending cash but it has to be in one TSB season 
    This isn't true. It's cumulative spending. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    My bad. It certainly didn’t feel like it for me but that was a couple of years ago 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

ATG Mariano Rivera
    ATG Jimmie Foxx
    ATG Jackie Robinson

If you have gold, there are likely to be better options than Pitcher Babe. I'd also definitely take Gwynn over Rivera(also, a few relievers who are rated better). That said, ATGs do have a nice feel to them and if you value nostalgia, that's worth more than the marginal upgrade you'd get with different guys. Keep in mind that ML is a monster(if u plan on going plat+) so I wouldn't overvalue position(i.e Posada isn't ideal).

Pitching is vital if you want to go diamond early. If you don't plan on going diamond semi early or not at all, I wouldn't worry about pitching and I definitely wouldn't bring a reliever. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Assuming won’t get Davey so let me ask Hornsby or Morgan? I lean toward Morgan.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    So much good advice on this thread. I appreciate it everyone! 👊🏼
    samtheman said:
    Assuming won’t get Davey so let me ask Hornsby or Morgan? I lean toward Morgan.
    Based upon his 2xHH is going so far in 21(according to this forum) I would take Morgan 
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I’ve seen some people say bring an starting pitcher and others say to bring a reliever. What are the pros and cons of each? I know my starter keeper has been my best pitcher most of the year. And after the first few months, I end up with more ice wraps than I can use. So I can always go to him if I don’t have a better option. But I’m curious why people are saying take a reliever. I just want to hear the pros and cons of each.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    take an RP if you're jumping to Diamond quickly. otherwise go with another hitter. 
  • 97lefty97lefty Registered Users, Member 34 Posts
    What’s top five bats and top 3 arms in the game for keepers
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Just gonna say again. Wait until we know 20 is dead before you choose Keepers. 
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    Just gonna say again. Wait until we know 20 is dead before you choose Keepers. 
    All signs point to an event tomorrow, if not all of next week. With TSB21 not even available (via conventional means) in the US yet, I doubt everyone will be up and running for a Monday event in the new version. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    sullipa8 said:
    I’ve seen some people say bring an starting pitcher and others say to bring a reliever. What are the pros and cons of each? I know my starter keeper has been my best pitcher most of the year. And after the first few months, I end up with more ice wraps than I can use. So I can always go to him if I don’t have a better option. But I’m curious why people are saying take a reliever. I just want to hear the pros and cons of each.
    The main reason is just long term viability. A keeper reliever could theoretically be the only reliever you level all year long if you don't care about team strength whereas keeper bats can and probably will be replaced fairly early on. SP's last longer than bats, but there's still a better chance of guys having a stud rotation and a neglected pen, leaving a keeper reliever with a better chance of not hitting the inactive list. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Yes, lots of great advice! But I think if one is staying Silver/Gold, a reliever is not needed. If memory serves, I can remember screaming I NEED A CLOSER, but that was only for season playoffs and moving up to Silver. After that, as bonus games were not played non stop, I saw that NEED for a closer subside. For me, 3 bats and a stud SP is crucial early on. But that’s just me. I’m staying the Silver life. I think. Probably. Unless @retirepujols bribes me with something other than Ladies PM me. 😎😎😎
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    How about his impressive sticker collection? I am also staying silver and haze zero intention of taking a relief pitcher 
    2003cobra said:did
    How about his impressive sticker collection? I am also staying silver and haze zero intention of taking a relief pitcher 
    Stickers????? 🤔🤔🤔
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    If i wanted to read about a bunch of dudes who are dying to get Johnson I’d be reading one of my other forums
    If i wanted to read about a bunch of dudes who are dying to get Johnson I’d be reading one of my other forums
    And what forum would that be? (Asking for @retirepujols, errrrr, I mean a friend 😎)
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    Sheesh, I can't catch a break around here 😅
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    After some good advice on here, I had settled on Chipper, Bench, and Williams as my keeper hitters. Now, with Davey, someone has to go. 

Anyone have any sage advice? Catcher and 3B seemed to be challenges for me this year (OF very much was not a challenge), but Williams is the only pure lefty.

I don't plan on rushing to diamond, and I do like WoH.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    RodFarva said:
    After some good advice on here, I had settled on Chipper, Bench, and Williams as my keeper hitters. Now, with Davey, someone has to go. 

Anyone have any sage advice? Catcher and 3B seemed to be challenges for me this year (OF very much was not a challenge), but Williams is the only pure lefty.

I don't plan on rushing to diamond, and I do like WoH.
    Remember, you can also make your Personal Legend with double RHP, which would give you slightly better than just a pure lefty.
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    That’s true. I could drop Bench and make ML a switch hitting catcher with vRHP and 1st pitch. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    With the release of X Factors on Keepers and on ML at Platinum at the beginning of 21',  I'm going on the assumption they will be heavily pushing players to Diamond this year...and very swiftly and aggressively.  Or they will introduce a 4th skill to tag on to players.
    "If you can't beat them, report them"