Davey Johnson

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    First box 😃
    Or u can pay no more than 7509 gold. Wowowowowow! Kudos to all those that waited on their keepers!
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    we got off cheap
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    sigh... wth am I to do with all this gold now? 20k gold sitting there to chase Davey and hopefully some atg boxes like last year. Instead have Davey on box 4 and no new boxes to dump on. Oh well.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Is that supposed to say 30th?
    edited March 2021
    I’m really feeling the next box. #onetime #nocomplaints #rogerwho? 😂

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    they basically gave him away.   Solid move 
  • TakeMeOutToTheBallTakeMeOutToTheBall Registered Users, Member 171 Posts
    Nice unicorn!
  • louisawesomelouisawesome Registered Users, Member 64 Posts
    Just to confirm...if I value WOH davey is a no brainer to take for a keeper right?
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Box 28...here!! Haha
  • spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    Need some advice now!

ATG Babe Ruth OF
    ATG Mickey Mantle
    Gary Carter
    Davey Johnson

Not a VIP. Which two should I take?
    Just to confirm...if I value WOH davey is a no brainer to take for a keeper right?
    Only take Davey if you value woh, prime games, bonus games, tourneys, and h2h. 
  • Thekid84Thekid84 Registered Users, Member 216 Posts
    Need some advice now!

ATG Babe Ruth OF
    ATG Mickey Mantle
    Gary Carter
    Davey Johnson

Not a VIP. Which two should I take?
    I'm in a similar boat, leaning towards Carter and Davey.  I like MOB skills, and Carter is a C which is a prime position in my opinion.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I just can't click on Davey Johnson's name to bring him over.

Here's what I'm doing:

C My Legend (switch hitter, vsL, 1st Pitch)
    1B Musial
    2B Morgan
    SP Cy Young
    RP Hoffman
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    You get Davey, the WOH reward is Davey boxes and there’s nothing else to spend your gold on. Awesome work glu
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Box #15 Hell ya! Now Johnson and either Bench or Jones. Leaning towards Bench because the odds are better with getting a good 3rd baseman. Then make my ML a SS.
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Johnson, Chipper, & Gwynn with ML either C or SS and either Ford/Verlander for my pitcher!
    Got him on box four and the counter says 26 of 30. So I guess you can only open 30 Davey boxes. It would have been nice to leave it so cycle capping him was possible for those who want to keep playing 20.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    If you happened to spend all of your gold over the weekend like this idiot this is a great deal
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Got him on box four and the counter says 26 of 30. So I guess you can only open 30 Davey boxes. It would have been nice to leave it so cycle capping him was possible for those who want to keep playing 20.
    I’ve opened 38 so far. Of course I got him on box 30
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    samtheman said:
    Play WoH to cycle cap
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Only take Davey if you value woh, prime games, bonus games, tourneys, and h2h. 
    seems kind of niche...
    Usually the counter resets when you get the player. So it’s guaranteed Davey every 30 with no box limit?
    samtheman said:
    Usually the counter resets when you get the player. So it’s guaranteed Davey every 30 with no box limit?
    You can only buy 30 in the store(for gold). If you want more, you can do WoH or get them in 'specials.'
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I heard that first pitch is not working in TSB21, that it doesn’t stay on in WOH like it does in TSB20. Any truth to this?
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Metsicans said:
    I heard that first pitch is not working in TSB21, that it doesn’t stay on in WOH like it does in TSB20. Any truth to this?

That's one major reason why I will not be bringing a keeper with that skill. They could "fix" it at any time, and to be honest, it would be the kind of bait & switch troll move I've become accustomed to from them.
    First swing of ‘21: 

JEDDDOGGY said:
    Metsicans said:

That's one major reason why I will not be bringing a keeper with that skill. They could "fix" it at any time, and to be honest, it would be the kind of bait & switch troll move I've become accustomed to from them.
    I’m definitely going to wait awhile since I’m not in a hurry to play 21. But for the reason you stated I’m more likely to bring Hornsby or Morgan.
    samtheman said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Metsicans said:

I’m definitely going to wait awhile since I’m not in a hurry to play 21. But for the reason you stated I’m more likely to bring Hornsby or Morgan.
    Guys should do whatever they're most comfortable with. The absolute worst way to 'lose' is to use someone else's advice.