Davey Johnson or Joe Morgan

RangeDangeRangeDange Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
edited March 2021 in General TSB Discussion
Who do you keep for 21?

I'm thinking Morgan because he is a lefty with double against RHP skills.

My left handed batters with vs RHP always seem to perform the best.

Thoughts?

Comments

• MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    I’d keep Morgan. Lefties perform better and Morgan’s skills are more trustworthy. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I’ve got Davey but would’ve chased Morgan yesterday to keep if he’d been in a box
  • RainOnMyParadeRainOnMyParade Registered Users, Member 117 Posts
    I am in the same dilemma.  Morgan is the only ATG I got on the first weekend released.  Figures he would not get the normal bonuses with the game shutting down.  I got Johnson yesterday. The fact that I am debating
    Joe Morgan
    WAR 100.5    H   2517  HR   268  BA  .271  R  1650  RBI  1133  SB  689  OBP  .392  SLG  .427  OPS  .819
    Davey Johnson
    WAR 27.5      H 1252    HR 136    BA  .261  R 564     RBI 609     SB 33    OBP .340    SLG .404   OPS .744

Is why I need to finally give up on this game and move on.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I kept Davey over Morgan but I know I’m probably in the minority.   I like the skill set as more versatile for woh which is what I value most for my keeper bats 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    For whatever it’s worth, I was dead set on keeping Morgan until I got Davey. I ended up keeping Davey and Snow(as well as 2 pitchers). Snow was a good option to replace Morgan. Initially I was going to keep Morgan and chipper but Davey changed everything. 
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Don’t have Morgan but was going to bring Gary Carter until I got Davey. Now trying to decide between Carter and Davey to go with my Kent Hrbek.

Also trying to decide between a 595 starting pitcher and a 610 reliever with the same skills.  :/