Prioritizing XP use

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Hey guys, 

I'm a Platinum low spender who focuses on team building at this stage of the game over points.  Therefore I'm only really focused on my keepers right now. I do, however,  keep enough XP handy to cycle cap (G10 to P10) the WOH reward on Royale weekends as I try to build as efficiently as possible. 

Just curious how you would prioritize using your XP if you were me. I have ATG Hank (double hot) as one keeper at P10 with skills at 4. I have ATG Lou (Runners on/RISP) as the other, he's at P2 with skills also at 4. ATG Mathewson is my pitcher and he's at P1, and my custom legend is at P1 with RHP/Late inning at 8 each on skills. 

How would you prioritize using XP at this point? Lou, or Hank's skills? I'm even tempted to go My Legend first since I like his skills the best and the skills are already there at 8 but they're obviously more expensive than keepers to level. 

Since being able to consistently beat WOH is really important to my game I think I should probably go hitters first, just not sure in which order. 

Thanks for any feedback. 

Comments

• toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    You appear to already have it figured out.  Good job.  Ahead of the curve.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Your created legend should be a bonus this weekend(discount!) and he's your best closer.  Unless you go diamond, I really don't think pitchers should be a priority. It sounds like you're patient and if that's the case, I'd get the skills on your keepers to 8 before moving on to other projects. To recap, 1)ML, 2)keeper skills.....3rd)pitchers.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Thanks guys. So if I find a public .30 this weekend, it will apply to ML?
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    Your created legend should be a bonus this weekend(discount!) and he's your best closer.  Unless you go diamond, I really don't think pitchers should be a priority. It sounds like you're patient and if that's the case, I'd get the skills on your keepers to 8 before moving on to other projects. To recap, 1)ML, 2)keeper skills.....3rd)pitchers.
    So any players that I pickup from boxes ( I just picked up Grandl from an achievement box)should be a lowered priority since they get replaced pretty quickly? I haven't yet brought over my keepers yet because of wanted to stack resources first and get intel on the keepers I want to bring over because it'll effect what I do for my legend
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    So any players that I pickup from boxes ( I just picked up Grandl from an achievement box)should be a lowered priority since they get replaced pretty quickly? I haven't yet brought over my keepers yet because of wanted to stack resources first and get intel on the keepers I want to bring over because it'll effect what I do for my legend
    It really just depends on how you play and your situation.   Also to a lesser extent what tier do you plan on playing in.   If you are more focused on long term team building then keepers and ML are a must imo.   They are expensive yes but they are so dominant early in the game, that I would focus on them early while their value is the highest.    If you are in a club that prioritizes event points then this may not be an optimal strategy unless you are a spender.     I also agree with @DFBB that pitchers shouldnt play a huge factor early unless you are going to be diamond.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    It really just depends on how you play and your situation.   Also to a lesser extent what tier do you plan on playing in.   If you are more focused on long term team building then keepers and ML are a must imo.   They are expensive yes but they are so dominant early in the game, that I would focus on them early while their value is the highest.    If you are in a club that prioritizes event points then this may not be an optimal strategy unless you are a spender.     I also agree with @DFBB that pitchers shouldnt play a huge factor early unless you are going to be diamond.
    Silver possibly gold. Long term team building. WoH and CvC are a must for me. Play prime games for points when I get lucky enough to get bonus players. In a decent club now which is helping out with resources but will be looking to go solo as soon as I bring my keepers over.
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Personally I’d (and I do) bump pitching back one more space (except for the SP keeper) and put a new category behind keeper bats (first - skills capped) and keeper pitcher (skills up to 5-6).  The new category following these being at least one lhb and rhb leading level bonus player as  a maxed priority category to maintain (currently with one skill and an X factor) to help with faster/easier/cheaper clearing of WOH.  Choose wisely and don’t waste resources on crappy skills (current two out Hiura for instance).  Then following those bats I’d prioritize at least two of the remaining 4 SP’s and the closer.  I’d leave the remaining 2 SPs and bullpen for the last priority in that order.