Cash for BGs

More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
edited March 2021 in General TSB Discussion
Since I’m lazy, I like to just outright buy BGs for cash when I feel like hammering them and don’t have any.  I know this isn’t the most efficient use of resources...however, I really wish Glu would make it possible to buy BGs in bulk with cash, even without a bulk discount rate.  It would just save me some time.  That is all, lol.

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I did that plenty of times in the past and thought the same thing. Tapping tourneys in past seasons sucked so at least they’ve made that better 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I remember @JEDDDOGGY and I going back and forth a lot when we first moved to diamond one year (maybe just last year) about if paying the cash for the BG’s was even more in our favor than tournaments. When you first move to diamond, tournaments suck, majorly. 

I think there was also a thread about this topic. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Once you get passed the first 2 months, just get a clicker and do tourneys while you sleep. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I remember @JEDDDOGGY and I going back and forth a lot when we first moved to diamond one year (maybe just last year) about if paying the cash for the BG’s was even more in our favor than tournaments. When you first move to diamond, tournaments suck, majorly. 

I think there was also a thread about this topic. 
    one of the more epic threads IIRC haha
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    LOL fun times :D
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    That is still a great, and mind boggling, read
    Hilarious thread-minus the headache. I don’t feel like we came to an agreement of which is better. I do remember struggling for cash when I was cycling bgs but was able to start accumulating it once I started playing tourneys. Of course my team got better and so did my winning percentage and tourneys were easier to win. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Hilarious thread-minus the headache. I don’t feel like we came to an agreement of which is better.
    The point that I think went overlooked, and that maybe wasn't driven home enough, is that yes: tourneys are better if you can win all of them (or close to it). I was not getting good returns when I was sometimes randomly losing in the 1st or 2nd round to some juggernaut team after paying 30k for the entry fee. Once you're able to win 9 out of 10 tournaments, its obviously better to do that.

/ducks
    Ok that’s how I was seeing it. But that thread was from April so it was still early in the season and it made more sense for you at that time to play bgs. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’m surprised that today I’ve been able to do just what @JEDDDOGGY said, winning 9 out of 10 tourneys...maybe a little better than that even.  I feel like I wasn’t able to do that until Diamond last year and I’m at Platinum III.  Definitely more efficient with the cash...if you’re winning.