The Official Worst Boxes Of The Year Thread: Let's Keep This Updated

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Definitely best boxes of the year… and tatis is definitely my most satisfying pull of the year. 
    Especially since he cost me 0 
    I got my man Mancini from a gift yesterday. Agreed amazing players with amazing skills. Totally engaged. Kudos Glu!
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I'd be a lot more engaged if I could land one of the 440 gents I have chased after but that's par for the course. The box offering is nice just have the normal odds complaint lol.  
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    I'd be a lot more engaged if I could land one of the 440 gents I have chased after but that's par for the course. The box offering is nice just have the normal odds complaint lol.  
    Yeah I’d agree here. If they made the 420 primes even sort of appealing, sort of like Tucker last weekend.  But this week they are a true booby prize. Constantly pull them and they aren’t good. The 440s are fantastic though all around. The double foil is still rotten IMO. These guys aren’t easy to obtain at .5% but now chasing 2 of them, with odds split in half. This is worse than ATG because the odds are the same and they are replaceable after a week or 2. 
    JTANDME said:
    Yeah I’d agree here. If they made the 420 primes even sort of appealing, sort of like Tucker last weekend.  But this week they are a true booby prize. Constantly pull them and they aren’t good. The 440s are fantastic though all around. The double foil is still rotten IMO. These guys aren’t easy to obtain at .5% but now chasing 2 of them, with odds split in half. This is worse than ATG because the odds are the same and they are replaceable after a week or 2. 
    Non foil 440's are definitely the prize of the boxes this weekend. I just block out the foils as if they aren't there because with their odds it is as if they aren't. The 420's are just pxp to me which I need right along with bxp just from my perspective.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Lxp in store specials 😬
    This coming weekend.... Legends???
    edited August 2021
    Looks like it 🤔

Actually… I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped Thursday potm is already 465.
    Looks like it 🤔

Actually… I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped Thursday potm is already 465.
    Hopefully lxp isn't as hard to get from the jump like pxp was. Even with the changes to bxp, I hope they loosen up bxp a little more, it's easier to obtain but for some reason I'm still starved for it.
    I would like to nominate today’s box. It may not be the gold medal winner but it could reach the podium all things considered. Foils got moved out to make room for the legend at low odds. We are down to 2 primes in then box, one of which is a 420. Guarantee box is at 17 boxes for the 600 gold box when a prime pull rate is 12% so that’s obviously a really high gurantee box count. Added the foils are now 500 gold for a .2% pull rate, although you get some lxp instead. Gotta be honest, I don’t like this setup. Shoulda waited for the weekend to introduce legends. 
    The enthusiasm for a previously introduced tony Gwynn and the amazing odds is just blowing up this thread.. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah we again had guys with nothing left in the specials tab and still no Gwynn. Many have quit this year due to box odds, and many more continue to. Not sure at what point Glu will realize dumping $1000 and then walking away empty handed is not a good experience for anyone, no matter what income bracket/level they're trying to target with their game.

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Well i got Toro to add to my Mariners collection so Im happy
    Wow what an ugly box yes the pizza box.. please stop making ignorant boxes like this glu 
    They have will Smith of the dodgers as a SR lol nothing ever changes they need to hire someone to QC things. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    They have will Smith of the dodgers as a SR lol nothing ever changes they need to hire someone to QC things. 
    He can pitch and catch at the same time can’t he?
    60 000 per k will Smith 😂🤣😂oh man it’s great… at least was a nice laugh 😂  
    IDIOTS sorry but we’re beyond the point of everyone makes mistakes shit happens.  Not the same mistakes over and over. IDIOTS get a QC
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    But then, they give out a very nice Troy gift to the VIP’s. 🤷‍♂️
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    I feel like glu headquarters is in a basement 
    tshea510 said:
    But then, they give out a very nice Troy gift to the VIP’s. 🤷‍♂️
    The gift was nice…👍🏻 I feel like they are trying so hard they are stepping on their own feet 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    When I saw there was a Piazza, i was almost positive he would have LHP as a skill.   The fact that he doesnt is a W imo
    edited August 2021
    Anyone know if Piazza is bonus next week? 

Edit: Looks questionable to me considering the two legends aren’t in each box together. Not foils… 🤔
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts

Edit: Looks questionable to me considering the two legends aren’t in each box together. Not foils… 🤔
    There hasn't been an official statement from glu, but I think it's easy to read the tea leaves on this one. Foils weren't always better than their prime counterparts. Their big draw was that they were bonus players for a week. Legends, on the other hand, are considerably better than any other player in the box. Finally, as you mentioned, both foils were in both boxes and this weekend's legends are box-specific. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:

There hasn't been an official statement from glu, but I think it's easy to read the tea leaves on this one. Foils weren't always better than their prime counterparts. Their big draw was that they were bonus players for a week. Legends, on the other hand, are considerably better than any other player in the box. Finally, as you mentioned, both foils were in both boxes and this weekend's legends are box-specific. 
    Yup… Tks buddy 👍🏻

Hey they got the right picture in collections 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Half right = a whole wrong lol 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited August 2021
    DFBB said:

Statement incoming!

(spoiler alert: I was wrong. Again. also, won't be the last time. lol)
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    Great! I may chase piazza if he is bonus this week despite being the ugliest graphic ever 🤣
    Just being honest, but with them being bonus players but not being In the box next week It means they likely won’t be in sets or be a big bonus as the new legends will be. To me this significantly changes things. The odds were always bad but at-least it could sort of be justified as the foils and ATGs were in a box for a week and made up the big bonus sets every event. Now that seems to be taken away. Which no longer justified the ridiculously low odds. We all know bonus sets are what drives scoring and event wins. The prime guarantee no longer has any benefit as the guarantee is the 420 prime and the odds have not been adjusted for the 440 primes at all. They were 2% last week pre legend and they remain at 440. 
    Global cvc rewards issue. Embarrassing 
    Well I pulled pizza head from cvc glad I didn’t chase.
    He’s an ugly beast. 
    Was there ever a decision made about next week bonus players? Announcement? 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Again this weekend I got GLUed and could not pull a 440 player or higher.  After dropping 20K I turned my attention to the PTOM boxes instead. Higher rated players for the month and better odds. After 20K there, I filled all my team needs and got 4 players to D10. Lesson learned. Again.

Being VIP weekend I should have known better, but I wanted to try and help my club a little. I didn't care if I didn't get a legend. This is now three weeks and going. My last 160K in gold has netted me ZERO 440 prime players. LOLOLOLOL

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service