Options

The Official Worst Boxes Of The Year Thread: Let's Keep This Updated

Comments

• Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    @jalapenocubbies can you guys not address this in the dev chat. I understand the need to milk the users but the time has passed. This is the same shit that happens every single year. Then they come out with a special announcement saying "super rates" or "we heard your concerns"... However, each year they revert back to their old ways. Could say the same about loyalty boxes, last year they agreed to raise the amount of daily boxes, and then this year back to last year models. Its the same shit when it comes to everything else. This year its even worse because it now takes x5 more cash to level skills on players then it did before.

Im not trying to single you out either, it goes for everyone in that chat and I've mentioned it to them as well.

I have mentioned probably daily for the last year. I was told the concern was mentioned but certain things can’t be shared which I respect. Given how long this has been going on for, I am taking the lack of response or change as an indirect  way of saying deal with it or quit. 

• Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    The thing is, they do adjust it. EVERY YEAR, basically when the MLB season ends and they know they need to keep people engaged. We get the announcement that "hey we heard you, odds are going up".  The basically want to milk the cow for as much as possible first. This includes all the changes that were addressed last year and changed, all went back to "default".
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    @jalapenocubbies sorry I’m the one that wasn’t paying attention when typing my comment. It didn’t help that I was doing my research in the middle of the night because I couldn’t sleep. 
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    That is very discouraging looking at the odds from last year compared to today’s box. Just as dk stated it’s the same shtick they play every year “oh we heard your concerns” “increased rates” etc. They know exactly what they are doing as they do it every year. Squeeze as much as possible during peak months and then act like they are doing us a favor later on. 
    So the odds are certainly disappointing along with no 100k guarantee. The lack of expanded player catalog is just as disappointing… same players every year.. 🤢🤮
  • Options
    dkarski87 said:
    The thing is, they do adjust it. EVERY YEAR, basically when the MLB season ends and they know they need to keep people engaged. We get the announcement that "hey we heard you, odds are going up".  The basically want to milk the cow for as much as possible first. This includes all the changes that were addressed last year and changed, all went back to "default".
    I mean that’s fine. But what is default? Because ATG odds for bxp, pxp, and legend players isn’t “default” or atleast wasn’t until this year. This is predatory pricing at this point. If they expect me to be “happy” with .2 to .7% odds for ATGs and a bump to legend players after what they put us through this season, they are sorely mistaken. I gurantee is needed but they tried and it failed because the money didn’t lineup. I don’t know what else they could implement that would be reasonable for most and not see as a “loss” for them. 

At the end of the day they have gone down the path of targeting only the top players and gauntlet players. They offer up these garbage ass odds because they know those guys will spend to chase them down and then go from there. This isn’t a knock on them, but it’s the reality. You can’t spend everyone weekend playing non stop chasing players and competing in gauntlets to then say “man things need to change”. I mean realistically why would they? My gauntlet days are long gone, I just want a reasonable chance to pull a player I like. I figured spending 100k gold was reasonable for guys like me, but Evidently that’s too much go ask for. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I figured spending 100k gold was reasonable for guys like me, but Evidently that’s too much go ask for. 

Man... 100k gold would be a bargain at this point, I'd take that in a heartbeat. Every event, we have AT LEAST one or two guys who spend 250-300k gold plus hundreds of dollars in purchases to get jack squadoosh. They always quit, leave chats, delete the app. Some come back, many do not. This golden goose may never completely disappear, but its certainly not getting any fatter judging from the view where I'm sitting.
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Thats exactly it. Spending 200k+ and coming up empty.... there is no worse feeling. (well 500k+ is )...The guarantee would go a long way, a light at the end of the tunnel. And even then the odds are atrocious.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I figured spending 100k gold was reasonable for guys like me, but Evidently that’s too much go ask for. 

Man... 100k gold would be a bargain at this point, I'd take that in a heartbeat. Every event, we have AT LEAST one or two guys who spend 250-300k gold plus hundreds of dollars in purchases to get jack squadoosh. They always quit, leave chats, delete the app. Some come back, many do not. This golden goose may never completely disappear, but its certainly not getting any fatter judging from the view where I'm sitting.
    I absolutely loved the fan rewards a couple weekends ago. Would have been perfect without cvc Brett. It still requires luck go get both legends within a reasonable amount. This isn’t a knock on Bernie, he was great. But I got Bernie before I got a box legend, took me 130k to get posada, and I chased Ozzie all weekend, never got him. I’m small potatoes compared to a lot of people, but a couple hundred bucks and 150k gold, you should get what you want in my opinion. It’s just crazy to me how quit they said this didn’t work for them. But numbers are numbers I guess. Like I said, since council last year I have been clamoring for better box odds/top player guarantee. Given the short lived attempt my guess is it’s never coming back. We either deal with it, or quit. Like Dk said. As the season winds down they will bump regular legends a few percent and say “we heard you” but will keep the unicorn ATGs at ridiculous pull rates yet again. 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Thoughts on this weekend's boxes? Tbh the Freddie Freeman is the only player that I'd want. The Giambi is okay but I have never been big on the blowout skill, I guess with the RHP skill it would be good. The Chipper looks good but I have keeper Chipper with skills leveled and with a bump coming there is no need for a change at third especially with the double ROB.
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    Another first baseman and catcher….

just too many players with garbage skills at repeat positions.

it’s just overload. I used to look forward to new boxes, now I just laugh. With new boxes daily (except weekends where you have players to buy on top of the insane odds) this is to the point where it’s just gouging. You can’t use all the players properly unless you spend a house note or two every other day.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Another first baseman and catcher….

just too many players with garbage skills at repeat positions.

it’s just overload. I used to look forward to new boxes, now I just laugh. With new boxes daily (except weekends where you have players to buy on top of the insane odds) this is to the point where it’s just gouging. You can’t use all the players properly unless you spend a house note or two every other day.
    Dude, theres only 6 possible positions for hitters in this game. What exactly do you propose they do to satisfy your needs?
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    They are giving people a chance to upgrade their entire IF, plus an OF.  I was psyched when I pulled Albies, but now my keeper Hornsby will be ugraded, probably higher than Ozzie's 450, so not so much anymore.

They need to modify Perfect Pitch with upgraded rewards and increase difficulty so that people need stud pitchers as PP Finishers, then add pitchers to the boxes for more variety.  Right now, zero reason to chase pitchers on the rare occaisions they are released.
  • Options
    Honestly, I'm perfectly happy to sit on a 450 stud prime over a 500 legend with average to slightly above average skills. I see Freeman as that stud over Giambi.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    With the release of so many similar players at similar positions it gives us less reason to chase. As  someone that is more about team building than trying to compete for a top 10 in the events I love all of the new players that they release. I’ll get my legends when Glu wants me to(I didn’t say rigged boxes but I hinted at it ) but for now I’ll only upgrade if it benefits my TS or is a player that I really like. 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    With the release of so many similar players at similar positions it gives us less reason to chase. As  someone that is more about team building than trying to compete for a top 10 in the events I love all of the new players that they release. I’ll get my legends when Glu wants me to(I didn’t say rigged boxes but I hinted at it ) but for now I’ll only upgrade if it benefits my TS or is a player that I really like. 
    That's what i dont get. Im not sure what people expect. This game is based on building sets for an event. Team building left in 18'...  
    Theres literally 6 possible positions in this game for hitting. This game is entirely focused on building sets to compete in an event. Throw them away, and rinse, wash, and repeat 2 days later.  Complaints only have value and merit if you're willing to ignore.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Speaking of sets, I got a couple of primes early yesterday and noticed that there was very little in the way of showing off pulls from the rest of the club members. Figured we wouldn’t be doing well for points this event so spent another 1,000 gold to get to the 5k fan reward box. Naturally, when the player would’ve given me a set, I didn’t get them. Every flipping time. When it’s not for a set, I get them. 
  • Options
    Just got the guy I needed from the global challenge box.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

New Clubhouse leader, the Dugie Box!
  • Options
    These special boxes that they do (Dugie box) are absolute trash. A1.2% chance at a crappy 450 is a total waste unless you’re trying to complete a set and throw the player away the next day. These boxes could end up in the thread basically every time unless they run a legend in there. 
  • Options
    2003cobra said:
    These special boxes that they do (Dugie box) are absolute trash. A1.2% chance at a crappy 450 is a total waste unless you’re trying to complete a set and throw the player away the next day. These boxes could end up in the thread basically every time unless they run a legend in there. 
    Today is extra crappy if you didn’t notice. Now it’s 8 boxes for a bxp player guarantee. They took away the prime guarantee. 
  • Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    LOL @ today's box
  • Options
    drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    LOL @ today's box

Yep. Another OF with Double vs Righty skill, not to mention Heyward was used a few weeks ago as a 440 with R/WOH

Now the price to play has increased again. A new legend every day! Yay!!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• Options
    Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I should be used to by now, but the amount of nothing I get from these boxes is astonishing. 
  • Options
    ScaryTerryScaryTerry Registered Users, Member 111 Posts
    Pull the the 370s, than the 390, and then the lowest level prime. And you'll curse the player's existence and that will be the weekend 😉
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I wish they would stop making half body graphics floating around on some kind of pos.. please just make normal cards and maybe some stats. Not every card has to be animated with a ridiculous theme 
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    edited September 2021
    Pity box 4 times: lowest prime every time. Did get Gagne too but legend reliever barely worth having. 

Was made grumpier when I noticed a guy who doesn’t play much pulling a second legend of the weekend. Had a moan about it because he regularly pulls the best player. He then revealed that he didn’t get 2 legends this weekend. He got all 4. Didn’t even have the decency to put up any useful points. 
  • Options
    awlsabermetrics1awlsabermetrics1 Registered Users, Member 41 Posts
    I just dont get the point of just impossible to acquire sets.

• Options
    wbloganwblogan Registered Users, Member 25 Posts
    How can you get three legends to complete that?? 
  • Options
    RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    wblogan said:
    Keep spending you will get there. 
  • Options
    wblogan said:
    You might have to get another mortgage on your house and sell one of your children. Don’t do it!