Player of the Month

JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
What is the point of dropping the player of the month from 330/320 to 300 after June 1? It's not like ANYONE expects that they will still be top of the curve when the next month comes around. In my opinion you would probably get more box sales if the player was at least potentially serviceable on a roster at the end of their "month" versus obsolete. 

Comments

• [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    edited May 2021
    I'll add it to the feedback list.

This could be something behind the times.  When we first did Player of the Month stuff, Bonus Players were nowhere near as sought after as they are today.  We also didn't have Collection Sets and things like that.

I think the argument against it would be the real possibility of a player repeating as POTM if he's having. a really dominating season.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    I think the argument against it would be the real possibility of a player repeating as POTM if he's having. a really dominating season.
    Are you implying that past POTM players will be boosted for the next month that they are POTM the same as the current box version would be? For example when deGrom is POTM again for June, you are saying the May version would be the same max overall as the June one would be? 
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    Are you implying that past POTM players will be boosted for the next month that they are POTM the same as the current box version would be? For example when deGrom is POTM again for June, you are saying the May version would be the same max overall as the June one would be? 
    Even if I implied that (I didn't), I think you know it's easier for us to just make a totally new one when the really competitive players will have already replaced him anyway.
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    JTANDME said:
    Even if I implied that (I didn't), I think you know it's easier for us to just make a totally new one when the really competitive players will have already replaced him anyway.
    Funny, you say that yet in the June box what do we see? Trevor Rogers with a April & May tag on his card and per collections it is literally the only version of him that would be a potm. The other one is a max 117 that is 2 and a half stars so there is no way he was the April player. Just saying