How do you pull boxes?

ssfrannyssfranny Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
do you rapid fire pull all at once or spread it out?  When I open one after another get a lot of repeats.  I used to pull them in the last version at certain times and seemed to have better luck pulling ATGs

Comments

• ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    It's just luck, no rhyme or reason. Sometimes you get a hot streak like I did this past weekend and week, pulling Betts and Posey and two of 360bxp guys, now I'm struggling,  just pulling xp
  • ssfrannyssfranny Registered Users, Member 4 Posts
    It's just luck, no rhyme or reason. Sometimes you get a hot streak like I did this past weekend and week, pulling Betts and Posey and two of 360bxp guys, now I'm struggling,  just pulling xp
    Agree and I do think first half hour of events they drop players more than any other time
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited June 2021
    Absolutely no rhyme or reason I used to think there was. I’ve tried several tricks over the years mostly amounting to superstitious dumb stuff. However I do think the odds are inconsistent as far as… example I’ve pulled winker 3x this weekend each of those pulls coming from the 250 box 0.2 percent chance! 😳 🤷🏻‍♂️ That to me makes no sense and is so unbelievably highly improbable that it just should not happen at those odds considering the small amount of gold I’ve spent. Most would just say that’s dumb crazy luck but I believe that exceeds dumb crazy luck.. and is some kind of weird inconsistent generic computer software glitchy crap that I’m not smart enough to explain. But i am smart enough to know it just shouldn’t happen. However I’ll take it  🤷🏻‍♂️🍻

Note: one thing that has proven to work is logging out for about 3 days usually lands good pulls 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I'm gonna be honest here fellas, before I start ripping into boxes, I pm @TyroneEastwood in app to see the box pull volume. His due diligence process is second to none. There is 3 minute increments every 2 hours where the box odds get heavily tilted in the users favor.  Just hit him up in game. One of the nicest guys in this community. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Absolutely no rhyme or reason I used to think there was. I’ve tried several tricks over the years mostly amounting to superstitious dumb stuff. However I do think the odds are inconsistent as far as… example I’ve pulled winker 3x this weekend each of those pulls coming from the 250 box 0.2 percent chance! 😳 🤷🏻‍♂️ That to me makes no sense and is so unbelievably highly improbable that it just should not happen at those odds considering the small amount of gold I’ve spent. Most would just say that’s dumb crazy luck but I believe that exceeds dumb crazy luck.. and is some kind of weird inconsistent generic computer software glitchy crap that I’m not smart enough to explain. But i am smart enough to know it just shouldn’t happen. However I’ll take it  🤷🏻‍♂️🍻

Note: one thing that has proven to work is logging out for about 3 days always lands good pulls 
    I don’t think the note is true. But to each their own. I had a team I didn’t open the app for 17 days, logged and and opened like 25 boxes to burn the gold On there and got nothing but the guarantee bum. I don’t personally believe anything with the boxes. You either get lucky or you don’t. But if someone has a a theory they think works, more power to you and I hope whatever it is keeps working for you. 

Note: one thing that has proven to work is logging out for about 3 days always lands good pulls 
    I don’t think the note is true. But to each their own. I had a team I didn’t open the app for 17 days, logged and and opened like 25 boxes to burn the gold On there and got nothing but the guarantee bum. I don’t personally believe anything with the boxes. You either get lucky or you don’t. But if someone has a a theory they think works, more power to you and I hope whatever it is keeps working for you. 
    I have none.. 😕 other than logging out for a few days  worked for me last year and 19 when I get bored in the 4th quarter of the year. 
     Question : Was the team a vip team? Jw 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I don’t know what actually works, but every time things go south, I always second guess my timing. Like, if only I’d wait just another 5-10 minutes. Also, I’ve learned that rapid pulls just burns gold faster. Lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I've heard all the crazy theories, we had a guy last year that did like a tap, tap, pause, short pause, tap open ritual. I shit you not, sometimes it felt like it worked, other times it didn't. I found myself doing it just because if it did work, he was a genius, and when it didn't, I just called him an idiot and told him he was a crackpot, win/win.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    None of this affects what is in the box, it's just the ritual I have for myself: 

I tap and try to catch if the counter increased or went to zero. If it increased, I just tap immediately and close in disgust. If it went to zero, I wait one rotation, then tap (then usually close in disgust). If I didn't see it, I just open it (then usually close in disgust). 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Cooz19 said:
    None of this affects what is in the box, it's just the ritual I have for myself: 

I tap and try to catch if the counter increased or went to zero. If it increased, I just tap immediately and close in disgust. If it went to zero, I wait one rotation, then tap (then usually close in disgust). If I didn't see it, I just open it (then usually close in disgust). 
    I actually think I do this too lol. Yep see it go to 0 and say a quick prayer to RNGesus before tapping again. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Recently, I went with the tap and hold method…you know, tap and hold the app icon, then delete the game and immediately start saving tons of time and money.  I can honestly say I don’t miss it at all this time around.  Been playing MLB the Show 21 and really been enjoying it…especially since they have a bunch of Legends in the free agent pool by default.

Started a franchise mode where I put as many Legends as I could on all the appropriate teams.  

My Dodgers lineup includes Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider, Pee Wee Reese, and Mike Piazza.

My rotation includes Don Sutton, Fernando Valenzuela, and Orel Hershiser.  Eric Gagne is one of my setup guys (he doesn’t deserve to be closer since he juiced it 🤣).

Anyway, it really is a great option to help cure my TSB addiction AND it only cost me a one-time price of what I would normally spend on one Friday of TSB — which is only because I paid $120 for the special Jackie Robinson edition of MLB the Show 21.
    edited June 2021
    I purchased the regular mlb the 21 the show edition yesterday for ps5 but have yet to sit down and play it. That’s the problem for me is the convenience of being able to open the app at work or whenever.
    Good for you @More2Most2First 👍🏻🍻 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Totally agree with you @mythicaldragon. I would play the show but my TSB is with me wherever I am and, as far as I know, the show is not there yet. 

• MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Recently, I went with the tap and hold method…you know, tap and hold the app icon, then delete the game and immediately start saving tons of time and money.  I can honestly say I don’t miss it at all this time around.  Been playing MLB the Show 21 and really been enjoying it…especially since they have a bunch of Legends in the free agent pool by default.

Started a franchise mode where I put as many Legends as I could on all the appropriate teams.  

My Dodgers lineup includes Jackie Robinson, Duke Snider, Pee Wee Reese, and Mike Piazza.

My rotation includes Don Sutton, Fernando Valenzuela, and Orel Hershiser.  Eric Gagne is one of my setup guys (he doesn’t deserve to be closer since he juiced it 🤣).

Anyway, it really is a great option to help cure my TSB addiction AND it only cost me a one-time price of what I would normally spend on one Friday of TSB — which is only because I paid $120 for the special Jackie Robinson edition of MLB the Show 21.
    I am working on an all-time Mariner lineup which as you can imagine is a little bit tougher then a team like the Dodgers haha.   But I reach and allow myself former Mariners so I can make it a little easier on myself like Ketel Martes and Nelson Cruz types.   But yeah I've really enjoyed it.
    edited June 2021
    @Mattattack

Even with the Dodgers, I wanted to really stretch my roster to include guys that “should” have been Dodgers for many years (basically so I could potentially use Pedro Martinez and Roberto Clemente)…but decided against it.  I ended up making the rule for myself that in order to be placed on a team, they had to have 5 years with the team.  That allowed me to sneak in Shawn Green still, who is one of my all-time favorite Dodgers, as he went to high school in my hometown and I attended his dad’s baseball academy when I was a kid 😁 
    Also…it bums me out that just like on TSB, Sandy Koufax is nowhere to be found.  As has been stated previously on here, it must have to do with personal rights.  Some guys must have control over their own rights, separately from MLB and MLBPA and Koufax seems to be one of those guys.
    Also…it bums me out that just like on TSB, Sandy Koufax is nowhere to be found.  As has been stated previously on here, it must have to do with personal rights.  Some guys must have control over their own rights, separately from MLB and MLBPA and Koufax seems to be one of those guys.
    Seems there are lots of players like that they don’t have rights to. It’s a shame really because I mean like dusty baker and all but after the 47th dusty baker last year it gets a little boring and repetitive. Lol 
    Cal Ripken jr being released last year was awesome need more of that. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I remember a theory of if you wanted the best player in the box, you put the worst player you had in that position right before opening the box then you would pull him.  I tried it once it worked (pulled bench atg) and then I tried it later to get a decent keeper pitcher and nope.

its rigged.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Nope… too easy, even I have standards
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Seems there are lots of players like that they don’t have rights to. It’s a shame really because I mean like dusty baker and all but after the 47th dusty baker last year it gets a little boring and repetitive. Lol 
    Cal Ripken jr being released last year was awesome need more of that. 
    Probably these players don't want their names or likeness associated with this smoking hot pile of garbage.
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    Their deal is with the retired players union. They can negotiate rates for certain players, with those players having control over the cost. You're also not dealing with Koufax, you're dealing with his estate, and they have no reason to give a flying F about a mobile game or anything else. 

I remember in 2019 they released a Legend who was in the Hall of Fame but I literally had never heard of him. Not to suggest Red Schoendienst doesn't belong in the Hall, just that he's so old, he once missed time because tuberculosis took part of his lung.