Pity timer

Comments

• jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    I cannot pull Polanco, I dont even want to post what I spent. I've pulled Kershaw 11 times and still dont have Polanco, which is the only player I really wanted. What are the odds of that?
    I’m at 167k gold and cash looking for mookie and Hendricks. Funny part is in all that I’ve pulled polanco just 1x. I guess I’ll just be happy I got him. I really like the gurantee of a prime, but still feels like 16-18 boxes for the 500 and 32-36 woulda been a better number, as that’s closer to the 6.5% odds in the box. Anyone who says this is “worse” just doesn’t get it IMO. The 12/15 gurantee was like 99% the bxp guy. You will pull these bxp guys so much before the new counter. But now you can get a prime spending more, which wasn’t guaranteed before. The only other adjustment I’d prefer is making the bottom prime a 430. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I know this isn't a WoH thread, but I must add that Barnhart is the VERY best WoH player in tsb right now....and he's literally being treated like trash by most people. That is lol on many levels because it's a microcosm of the fall of WoH.
    11k gold spent on top of 24 boxes and just Kershaw to show for it. I should stop now before the pity box gives me a duplicate Kershaw (6 boxes away)

You have a 1% chance of a Kersh repull. This is a great example of how one man's trash is another man's jackpot. Lots of guys would kill for Kersh. You got him super cheap...and you're not even happy. 

Base15 said:
    In my current situation I love this. I have a ton of PXP and very little BXP.  The skill changes requiring more BXP have really depleted my stash. I’m happy for the additional BXP. It’s probably what I need the most. Plus I hit the pity timer a bunch this week and pulled nothing but BXP guys anyway. 

The odds on the pity timer box is a different story. There’s no way to make that look good. 
    Since it's inception, the odds on the pity timer has been consistent. The only thing that gets adjusted is the minimum that's guaranteed.

Anyways, my opinion is that these changes were HUGE for the low budget/f2p players. If you math it out, the game got considerably easier for those guys. The big spenders...that's a different story. 
    I agree with with you that these changes are huge for people like me who are virtually F2P. It opens up the game in a huge way. The BXP players are awesome source bxp the primes are still hard as nails to pull but if I get lucky enough to pull the one or get one that I need with the pity timer I can level him and his skills. WoH has become more relevant to me with pxp as cycle reward boom and the player as a bxp resource boom. Very welcomed changes from my perspective but definitely not so much for the spenders.
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2021
    I think we "get it". Instead of pulling the 1k or 2k pxp were now pulling bxp players. I have 14mill bxp. As you said the guarantees are lower than the actual pull rates in the box, and given that the guarantee is 98% of the time the lowest prime available, I dont see how it's "better"...

Increase foil rates to 1% and then it's better.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I think we "get it". Instead of pulling the 1k or 2k pxp were now pulling bxp players. I have 14mill bxp. As you said the guarantees are lower than the actual pull rates in the box, and given that the guarantee is 98% of the time the lowest prime available, I dont see how it's "better"...

Unless im misinterpreting it does look like they at least doubled the foil and 440 odds on guarantee box looking at ur prior pic. Id love to see it higher too but at least the pity box is double odds. 

JEDDDOGGY said:

Would rather a guarantee to pull the bxp guy or to pull a prime? I’d take the pxp from a repull every time over a non sense bxp player. It could be better if the gurantee was lower and it was 430 vs 420. 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I got Barnhart as my pity timer prize, I really wanted Kershaw, but I caved and leveled Barnhart. I hadn’t really looked at the sets because I usually use royale to stock up on cash and BGs but I saw he made me a set and I had 30B in 2 hours.  Also didn’t expect him to be so dominant with those skills in non WoH (.721 BA) and will hope to get Kershaw to level up later but in 37 boxes I only got Barnhart and he was the pity prize.  Slightly unlucky on pulling primes but within RNG ranges.  I don’t really spend so my team is in a pretty good spot overall (183k). Wtb pitchers though lol.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Unless im misinterpreting it does look like they at least doubled the foil and 440 odds on guarantee box looking at ur prior pic. Id love to see it higher too but at least the pity box is double odds. 

Well, I stand corrected. I honestly didn't even notice the adjustment. It's minimal and not game changing by any means, but I was obv wrong. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    edited July 2021
    I mean the main problem is they have plenty of feedback, but they just continue to spend all their time doing stuff that literally nobody asked for.

We can all argue about this and nitpick and split hairs until we are blue in the face, but until foil odds are increased significantly,  I don't really care, and it's not "better" imo.
    Increasing my odds from 2 in 1000 to 4 in 1000 every 48 boxes isn't even worth mentioning.  That's laughable.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Increasing my odds from 2 in 1000 to 4 in 1000 every 48 boxes isn't even worth mentioning.  That's laughable.
    I mean you’re not wrong with this part. It is a joke. But the box isn’t built for us to get foils. It’s built to get the lowest prime, which is still more beneficial than pulling the shit bxp players. 
    edited July 2021
    I'm sorry, but when people say "but you get a little more pxp", that doesn't help me at all. I haven't been short on pxp in a very long while. 

Last weekend I leveled everyone (except foils of course) and had nearly the same amount if pxp as I did when I started.

They're really good at giving us things we don't really need, and the masses are snowed by it.

Increase foil odds to 1 percent and then I will join in the celebration. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm sorry, but when people say "but you get a little more pxp", that doesn't help me at all. I haven't been short on pxp in a very long while. 

Last weekend I leveled everyone (except foils of course) and had nearly the same amount if pxp as I did when I started.

They're really good at giving us things we don't really need, and the masses are snowed by it.

Increase foil odds to 1 percent and then I will join in the celebration. 
    True statement. I gave up on ever thinking about getting a foil. I kind of lowered my expectations and just being happy with getting a lower prime like Barnhart or another prime player that will help with decent skills. If I get a foil, fantastic, at the end of the day I can get through WoH with my keepers, ml and lower primes leveled and skills leveled to a decent spot. I get it for you folks who spend tons of money on this game, you all should get the shiney new toy and deservingly so.

YAHTZEE !!!!
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Bxp Yahtzee. Where’s that foil?
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody show rigged boxes?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    @JEDDDOGGY 100% right! Anything below 1% is just laughable. Been that way for awhile now I think the last time we saw consistent 1% odds for top players was in 18. The game overall was so much better then and that’s just one reason it was.
    They (glu) said we either needed to chase resources or players and at some point it turned into both. 
    Don’t be fooled by the sudden pxp wealth legends are about to drop and that’s obviously why they have loosened the reins on pxp. The next BIG SQUEEZE is coming………
    For everyone clamoring about how great the new prime pity timer is, and how dumb everyone else is for complaining about it -- last year we had prime guarantees, but it was 12 boxes (not 24 or 48):

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/5459819/fake-id-pity-timer-box-broken

JEDDDOGGY said:
    For everyone clamoring about how great the new prime pity timer is, and how dumb everyone else is for complaining about it -- last year we had prime guarantees, but it was 12 boxes (not 24 or 48):

https://communities.glu.com/tap-sports-baseball-2020/discussion/5459819/fake-id-pity-timer-box-broken

I could be wrong, but that didn't happen till legends were released(last year, it was 9-4-20). 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Why doesnt the F.kin new boxes today have pity timers.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I could be wrong, but that didn't happen till legends were released(last year, it was 9-4-20). 
    yea im almost positive primes were never guaranteed before legends dropped.
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Once legends drop, nobody will care about primes.

So we're in agreement that they'll make the prime guarantee better once nobody cares about them anymore.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited July 2021
    DFBB said:
    DFBB said:
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Once legends drop, nobody will care about primes.

Ok….I ask ever year so why would this year be any different lol When do you think legends are dropping???  Typically have already dropped but I know they are spreading the wealth of pxp right now and put legends on hold. With no signs of any lxp in store in game anywhere this time of year seems strange 🤷🏻‍♂️
    JEDDDOGGY said:

When primes we’re the gurantee there were legends in the box. That was September last season, that’s 2 months away. I’d anticipate legends will be a guarantee later which we’ve never had. Again, you are mixing up the bad odds for an improved guarantee box. 2 weekends ago 24 boxes would have netted you probably a lot of bxp and bxp players. Now 24 gets you a guaranteed prime. It’s still better besides you’re disappointment in the overall odds, which as we said, isn’t unwarranted. The odds are bad, but the guarantee box is still better than it was. 

I mean we can go look at things that happened in October, November, and December and pretend to be upset they aren’t in the game yet in July if we really wanted too. 
    edited July 2021
    I'm not pretending to be upset. 

I don't agree it's better. 

Sorry.

Box odds are atrocious now. We didn't need a pity timer when legends were 2 & 4 percent on weekends and 7 percent during the week prior to pity timer.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I'm not pretending to be upset. 

I don't agree it's better. 

Sorry.

Box odds are atrocious now. We didn't need a pity timer when legends were 2 & 4 percent on weekends and 7 percent during the week prior to pity timer.
    But primes are 2 and 4 percent on weekend and 7% now. This is literally the same exact setup as last year. It’s just primes not legends at this point in the game. I agree odds suck. But they sucked last year, like literally exactly the same. 
    I’m really not trying to be difficult @JEDDDOGGY I just don’t understand what you are saying. You’re saying we didn’t need a legend pity timer last year when odds were 2 and 4% and 7% during the week. Which is exactly what the odds are right now because legends haven’t been added. So these odds are good for legends but not for primes when legends aren’t Introduced yet?
    I think we're kind of splitting hairs. If it's the same as last year, then it's not better. And it's certainly far worse than it was 2 years ago. It was last year they started in with the foils BS and mega sets.

My argument is that the whole system is not any better than it was, not that any one small portion of it is better nor worse. What I see is Glu making miniscule changes that are really meaningless, but people rejoice and celebrate. Meanwhile, big picture here,, the loot box system as a whole is still far too stringent and predatory in relation to other (hell, I'd argue any) mobile games.

I understand we're dying by electric chair instead of firing squad now, but I see no reason to get excited about that is all.
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I think we're kind of splitting hairs. If it's the same as last year, then it's not better. And it's certainly far worse than it was 2 years ago. It was last year they started in with the foils BS and mega sets.

My argument is that the whole system is not any better than it was, not that any one small portion of it is better nor worse. What I see is Glu making miniscule changes that are really meaningless, but people rejoice and celebrate. Meanwhile, big picture here,, the loot box system as a whole is still far too stringent and predatory in relation to other (hell, I'd argue any) mobile games.

I understand we're dying by electric chair instead of firing squad now, but I see no reason to get excited about that is all.
    I’m just not going to bring it up anymore after this. The odds are the same the bit gurantee is better. Last year when the top award was primes, we didn’t have a gurantee, but now we do. If you don’t view a prime player gurantee at this point in the game vs a bxp player, then I’m not sure what to tell you. Mentioning a prime guarantee from last year in September when legends were released at that point vs July this year and primes are still her top prize is comparing apples to oranges. It would be like comparing woh cycle rewards right now to woh cycle awards in January last season. Of course they were better In January because it’s just a different point in the season. 

The one thing we can agree on, the top award odds(be it a bxp foil, pxp foil, legend foil, atg) at .5% or .2% is total and utter nonsense and way too low. But as I said, that’s a totally different conversation. 
    edited July 2021
    jalapenocubbies said:

But as I said, that’s a totally different conversation. 
    That's the conversation I'm trying to have, but people go "OH LOOK A SQUIRREL!" and tell me the guarantees are better. This is what Glu is good at, is giving you guys all stuff you don't need, and everyone is snowed by it.

Who gives a crap about a 24 or 48 box guarantee? I don't.

Edit: For the record, I still don't believe the guarantee system is any better. I dont need another repull of the worst prime as I was already pulling that clown 30x before they updated anything.