Thank You, Apple! Refund After Refund After Refund!!

drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts

Monday afternoon old Doc had enough.

After WoH conveniently "froze" after beating 5.10 for the FOURTH time that day, I was beyond pissed off.

How in the world can anyone at GLU think this is a fun experience for their customers?

This game costs a fortune to play. You have to spend at least 100K in gold daily just to get a set. Then you spend hundreds of dollars worth of XP just to level these guys.

Then, basic things like the game not crashing on the last round in your main event would be fixed. Nope. Never. Please spare me the "you should restart the game every two minutes" garbage too. I did that. It still crashed all day long on 4.10, 5.9, and 5.10. Yes, I have the latest version. GLU has conditioned many of you to just accept their BS. I don't even want to think about the amount of blue cash these fricks got from me due to losing all my progress so many times.

I managed six cycles, and EASILY could have had 10, but GLU.

When those idiots switched Tucker B from a B to L, I found out the hard way. I had been using him on 5.9.  Put him in there and then promptly got 9 and outed despite being D10 skills at 16/16. All bc it was a L on L matchup. Took screenshots of that as well. Sent all that crap to Apple along with screenshots throughout the year of all of the buttfuckery GLU has pulled.

Feels good today to know I'm back to only spending about $5 on this year's version of this ripoff. My contact at Apple (will not share) LMK this year there have been way more complaints about TSB than years prior.  They are refunding more than they have been.

When these fricks rip you off, take it there and get your money back. That's all they care about anyway.

Happy Hump Day! Enjoy Royale!

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

Prev1

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    What kind of device do you have? You always complain about the constant crashes, it definitely sounds like its your hardware.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    What kind of device do you have? You always complain about the constant crashes, it definitely sounds like its your hardware.

It isn't. Discussed this with Apple too. That excuse is old and tired.

I won't be conditioned to just accept GLU's BS.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Think he has a Samsung Frick RE
    Why don't you answer the question, I think I have asked you this many times before. What kind of phone are your running TSB on? The game eats up alot of RAM on most phones, if your using an old phone that explains your constant issues.
    – The Great Houmy
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I’ve played woh all year and I have had exactly 1 freeze/oops restart this season. Definitely sounds like your device or internet. Oh well enjoy the refund. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Yeah very little freezing here. Certainly is the least of my concerns at this point.
    dkarski87 said:
    Why don't you answer the question, I think I have asked you this many times before. What kind of phone are your running TSB on? The game eats up alot of RAM on most phones, if your using an old phone that explains your constant issues.

dkarski87 said:

Oh, sorry bud. Wasn't trying to be a jerk to you.

I have a newer Ipad that this team is on.  PLENTY of RAM, etc.

My WiFi at my home could run a small business as I also have the best plan my provider offers due to working from home.

Device and web are fine. GLU is incapable of developing a game you can play for over 20 minutes without crashing. It doesn't just crash on WoH. It has crashed in BG, Prime, the store, etc.

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    edited July 2021
     This is just one person's experience, but I've ran the game on tablets and phones and while the thing runs totally fine on every phone I've downloaded it to, it sucks pond water on tablets (just my experience, anyway). 

It could be the larger display, needing more resources etc. to keep up with frame rate, and so on. Idk, but yeah, works fine on phones for me and can't even play it on the tablets I've tried (all newer-ish ones).
    Yea I mean I do get alot of crashes, probably 2-3 per WOH event when im grinding away all day on it. But Im running on a older Samsung S10, nothing compared to the new S20 or S21s. I think hardware is definitely a factor here. I think @DFBB runs on Iphone SE, and hes told me its very fast and has no issues, and its relatively cheap phone to get. With all the b.s you deal with, mainly the game issues. Why not try moving your team to a different device for a few weeks and see how it goes?
    – The Great Houmy
    Because I don't want this game on my phone, honestly. I couldn't play it as much on my phone bc my work would interrupt it all day.

You have to look at the factors here, sure there are crashes but they usually relate to the phone. You keep having the same recurring issues, move the team over and try it out. If it works smooth, go out and grab yourself a SE if you want to keep playing. If not, hang it up. I've heard the same things that @JEDDDOGGY described, the game doesn't run well on tablets.
    – The Great Houmy
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I have a newer iPad mini, and I will occasionally get a hard crash but it’s maybe once or twice an event at most,  not debilitating at all.  I restart when I notice it slowing down, and that even takes hours to get to this point otherwise it runs pretty well (can play 4-5 games a minute/auto 7 to 8 rounds of WoH a minute.) Your device is the likely culprit for your crashing though I understand the frustration.  Perhaps trying another device if you’re able would be the best bet.
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    edited July 2021
    I'm running on an old iPhone 7+, I get a few Lag->Freeze->Crash on WoH after several rounds, which, to my eyes is obviously a RAM/CPU issue with my device.   I'm also getting several video issues with a video freezing on load (spinning circle, usually the Chase ad) that causes a crash/hard app restart, which, to my eyes, can be the same device RAM/CPU issue or an issue with the video hosting service.  But after 3 years it goes with the territory, so I deal with it, although I am thinking on upgrading the phone soon. EDIT:  I get essentailly zero crashes on my newer iPhone Xs that i use for my F2P team.

But seriously, @drsmartassphd why do you even play this game?  With the amount of time you spend complaining on this board, recording videos to "prove cheating", texting wiht Glu CS, Apple refunds and burning HOURS watching videos to horde gold only to complain about box odds, can't you find something a little more fulfilling to do with your time?

Just quit, quittings all the rage now, no shame.  Like @dfbb says "If you're not having fun, your doing it wrong."
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I will note, you can have your WIFI banned for constantly getting refunds via Google play and Apple.  Theres work arounds, but I've had roughly 15k of purchases refunded.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
     I've had roughly 15k of purchases refunded.  

edited July 2021
    I will note, you can have your WIFI banned for constantly getting refunds via Google play and Apple.  Theres work arounds, but I've had roughly 15k of purchases refunded.  
    15K as in dollars?  For in-app purchases where you receive the items for the purchase? Given all the terms and conditions around in-app purchases, color me stunned that you get a refund for something you expressly decided to purchase and received.  Especailly if the reason is "Muh game crashed...." which can easliy be the blamed on/fault of your device, or the network, or an ancilary ad/video service provider.  

Good for you though.  I tried for one refund on an in-app TSB purchase and they told me to pound sand.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    dkarski87 said:

dkarski87 said:

My WiFi at my home could run a small business as I also have the best plan my provider offers due to working from home.

Device and web are fine. GLU is incapable of developing a game you can play for over 20 minutes without crashing. It doesn't just crash on WoH. It has crashed in BG, Prime, the store, etc.

So we finally figured out what device Doc is using but I think that we are still waiting on the pics of his hot wife. 
    My tablet was by far the worst device that I’ve ever used. I don’t remember the model but it was new. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    dkarski87 said:

dkarski87 said:

So we finally figured out what device Doc is using but I think that we are still waiting on the pics of his hot wife. 
    My tablet was by far the worst device that I’ve ever used. I don’t remember the model but it was new. 
    And I’m on an almost 7 year old iPad with zero problems 🤷‍♂️ And I’ll pass on the hot wife pics, his definition of things can sometimes be a bit “cloudy”.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    I think it also matter how much time you play on it. If your a diamond team playing your daily cycles every day, you def notice the app getting bogged down after long uses out of it. Compared to a device that you use as holder or something, or playing cvc a few times a week.
    – The Great Houmy
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Yeah I went over 650 games this past weekend in the Sunday 3 hour power block and at the end of it it was pretty sluggish.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited July 2021
    I'm running the game on a Google pixel 3xl. Get a crash once every few days. WoH works fine for me. It's the occasional video for gold or network interruption. None of which are Glu's issues. Although with each update Glu sends out game seems to run smoother and smoother.
    xracman said:
    15K as in dollars?  For in-app purchases where you receive the items for the purchase? Given all the terms and conditions around in-app purchases, color me stunned that you get a refund for something you expressly decided to purchase and received.  Especailly if the reason is "Muh game crashed...." which can easliy be the blamed on/fault of your device, or the network, or an ancilary ad/video service provider.  

Good for you though.  I tried for one refund on an in-app TSB purchase and they told me to pound sand.
    15k Canadian dollars...so like 10k USD. But, yeah.  I had all kinds of excuses. Not anymore. Permanently banned.  I did it in bulk if that helps. So now I dont really play 🤷‍♂️
    @CanadaCubs: You, sir, are a Legend for that. I don't care if it was Yen or Pounds. Good for you.

tshea510 said:
    And I’m on an almost 7 year old iPad with zero problems 🤷‍♂️ And I’ll pass on the hot wife pics, his definition of things can sometimes be a bit “cloudy”.

Well that's too bad. My club has one in our current Line chat.

Ole Doc and the hot wife split. Doc has moved on to younger and hotter items.

No, I won't share anything here. Whomp whomp whomp....

But next week I'll be on a beach trip enjoying my new toy!

edited July 2021
    Ole Doc and the hot wife split.

Not often that the internet (i.e. Glu TSB board) surprises me twice in one day.
    Here to entertain when things are down....which is more often now, unfortunately.

• COWPILEYCOWPILEY Registered Users, Member 825 Posts
    My Barnhart is still a switch hitter. Did they put him back to B after backlash ? Going plat next week and have a choice of Tucker or Grandal to cap. Don’t want to waste any more PxP on Tucker if he is not a switch hitter. Thanks. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    COWPILEY said:
    My Barnhart is still a switch hitter. Did they put him back to B after backlash ? Going plat next week and have a choice of Tucker or Grandal to cap. Don’t want to waste any more PxP on Tucker if he is not a switch hitter. Thanks. 
    Yea they reset him to switch after a few hours.
  • snowy24snowy24 Registered Users, Member 304 Posts
    I run the game on an iPad Pro. Not sure how you guys can play Dingers on a phone. I need my big screen. Anyways, for me, the game crashes when I play BGs. 
    tshea510 said:

Well that's too bad. My club has one in our current Line chat.

Ole Doc and the hot wife split. Doc has moved on to younger and hotter items.

No, I won't share anything here. Whomp whomp whomp....

But next week I'll be on a beach trip enjoying my new toy!

So, how about those pics...