Watching videos

kbrown7942kbrown7942 Registered Users, Member 36 Posts
edited August 2021 in Bug Reports
Can’t get videos to load whether I’m watching them for gold or boosts. Sometimes it will load 4 or 6 in a row then nothing for a while 

Comments

• tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Yup, been going on like this for quite a while. Some SERIOUS video issues, but it’s probably our devices or our WiFi. Wouldn’t hurt to post this same topic in the Suggestions/Bugs forum.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Without fail I can watch 1 video then click to watch another(sometimes I wait a minute or more) and it always fails to load. This happens 100% of the time. I quit watching them for gold simply because it’s too time consuming and frustrating. It really sucks during woh,cvc,extra bases. My iPhone 12 might be a little outdated so I’m sure that it’s my device. 
  • scostelloscostello Registered Users, Member 44 Posts
    When you are able to see videos, are they generally the same ones all the time?  If so, my theory when that happens is that the "targeting" filter for you has gotten so specific that it only has a few ads available for you. In the past when this happens to me for an extended period of time, I reset my phone's google ad id.  This did fix the problem for me at least.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    scostello said:
    When you are able to see videos, are they generally the same ones all the time?  If so, my theory when that happens is that the "targeting" filter for you has gotten so specific that it only has a few ads available for you. In the past when this happens to me for an extended period of time, I reset my phone's google ad id.  This did fix the problem for me at least.
    Gotta be careful with that if you like doing surveys or the offers. That will quickly get you a ban from TapJoy.
  • drsmartassphddrsmartassphd Registered Users, Member 3,133 Posts
    You all know my farming prowess. Not this, at all, mainly because videos don’t load. I’ve sent numerous examples to CS. They won’t fix it. Reality is the videos crashing is a benefit to GLU. When it doesn’t work, people buy more gold, or they lose progress in an event.

it’s cut my TSB screen time by at least 90%.

Yes, we are aware of the game having crashing issues in the middle of WoH, but we can't compensate you for the gold you lost at this time. This is done on a case by case basis. - TSB Customer Service

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Without fail I can watch 1 video then click to watch another(sometimes I wait a minute or more) and it always fails to load. This happens 100% of the time. I quit watching them for gold simply because it’s too time consuming and frustrating. It really sucks during woh,cvc,extra bases. My iPhone 12 might be a little outdated so I’m sure that it’s my device. 
    I've only been able to watch both videos(for the boost) just a handful of times this year for EB. One of the best things about diamond is that you no longer 'need' videos.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    This is something I report every week, and I have no meaningful update.  It's worth noting that every Glu game suffers from this problem.  All our games from Kim to Sorcerer's Arena to TSB run on different engines, but use the same ad portal.