More fair cvc matchups

P8triotP8triot Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
We were teamed up against a team primarily made up of 200k plus VIP strength teams. While the average team strength of our team is around 70 or 80k...maybe. At least give us a chance, lol. This was totally unfair. 

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    The cvc matchups are based on your previous rounds results. A club full of 30k Team Strength couldve done it too. Clubs often have in house rules for CVC.  Generally speaking, the idea is keep your score as low as possible, and not fight against your own club for top prize. I legitimately dont see this as an issue, nor anything Glu would address. Its a good universal system
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • P8triotP8triot Registered Users, Member 6 Posts
    I don't have a problem with good competition. But this isn't competition. This is a beatdown. This is a slaughter. We stood absolutely NO chance at even coming close to beating them. I understand where you are coming from but I think you got it all wrong as far as this case. This team had multiple top 30 WORLD rankings. Not to mention they only had to use 2 of their players to beat us. All the rest of their team purposely got low scores. I don't think teams should be able to work the system like this.
    at least give us a fighting chance. Whats the point in even playing if the odds are stacked against us in the first place? It happened to us twice tonight. We have never been paired up against teams that were so much better than us that it is unfair. Glu needs to figure it out.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited August 2021
    P8triot said:
    I don't have a problem with good competition. But this isn't competition. This is a beatdown. This is a slaughter. We stood absolutely NO chance at even coming close to beating them. I understand where you are coming from but I think you got it all wrong as far as this case. This team had multiple top 30 WORLD rankings. Not to mention they only had to use 2 of their players to beat us. All the rest of their team purposely got low scores. I don't think teams should be able to work the system like this.
    I don’t think you understand..
    Just as well as they can “work the system” to their advantage so can ur club. You all are just doing it wrong. Their previous score was simply similar to ur club’s previous score which is why you got that matchup. If you are getting matchups that you don’t want it’s simply self inflicted from previous matchup score.
    ok...I kinda understand now. Although I would prefer if it wasn't like that. I don't like any "gaming of the system" personally. It shouldn't be based on previous scores. It should be based on club strength or something. I have only been playing a few months so I consider myself still learning. But putting us up against this team was basically like throwing a rat in with a king snake.
    If it was the way you're describing,  then teams would modify their TS to gain an edge. Try working as a team and only doing what is required to win. Sometimes that means losing intentionally to get a better position next round. I believe most of us play this way
    thanks CanadaCubs. I will talk with them and see if there is anything we can do to cheat the system so we can get some wins every once in a while as well.
    No problem. From my experience in cvc and clash, is that if you start out low points, you will face several dead clubs throughout an event. On a personal perspective,  i never sim against weak or dead clubs. also, i play within the last 2-3 minutes usually. Hard to coordinate with a full club, thats why so many of us have solo cvc clubs
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    CanadaCubs is exactly right. As a person that is Silver and in a solo club CVC is my main source of boxes and resources. There are many strategies that go into CVC but they can be hard to coordinate with 20 club members.  To me nothing in this game is more satisfying than beating a club full of diamond and platinum teams in CVC because my strategy is better than theirs. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    The cvc matchups are based on your previous rounds results. A club full of 30k Team Strength couldve done it too. Clubs often have in house rules for CVC.  Generally speaking, the idea is keep your score as low as possible, and not fight against your own club for top prize. I legitimately dont see this as an issue, nor anything Glu would address. Its a good universal system
    It's actually a system they haven't screwed up yet.