Options

What the dinger?!?

FrankTheTank04FrankTheTank04 Registered Users, Member 1,093 Posts
So what is this donger event tomorrow, and why is it keeping me from being able to play regular dingers?  Just felt like playing some during half time since I have a little over 400 tickets, but glu says no.  Why not glu, too many tickets??  Hmmm, people must've earned too much gold from it.
Just no.  

Comments

• Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Man that’s a bummer.. one my favorites actually between cvc and dingers that’s about it for me. I don’t play anything else.. Ruined another good thing glu 👍🏻. I would say it comes down to people accumulating to much “free” gold. 
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    We will find out tomorrow at noon what’s replacing it 
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Seriously, fixing what wasn't broken, I actually enjoyed playing it. Probably costs twice as much for twice as less😑
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I never understood why they always had a diner “event” box on the main page, with an expiration timer.   Prizes never related to an event, it’s always been a singular contest (unless I’m missing something?).

maybe that’s the change? Accumulate dinger points for event prizes in addition to gold/blue cash?
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    If you play like 10 tickets in a row, you can easily get the timing right to hit 2-3 per round. Occasionally you’ll get 4 or 5. It’s not difficult. I’m actually surprised Glu has let this event run as long as it has, as it benefits the user. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    Man that’s a bummer.. one my favorites actually between cvc and dingers that’s about it for me. I don’t play anything else.. Ruined another good thing glu 👍🏻. I would say it comes down to people accumulating to much “free” gold. 
    I probably acquired too many tickets, so they knew they had to change it.  I usually get 3 or 4 dongers every round.  I'm sure all my tickets will magically disappear.  The new event might start off being cool, but then they'll go and glu it all up.  At least it's still kinda fun playing the double header rally with the club... for now.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Mmm… a big, juicy nothing burger… so delicious 🤤 
  • Options
    xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    I think this was just a way to make sure you couldn't complete the "Monday" challenge on Sunday night and had to wait until Monday to do it.   No idea why this would be important to them. but that's my 2 cents.
  • Options
    Ah okay, so it's nothing at all?  Should've known.  I was so excited about it that I didn't sleep a wink last night!  I'll open the game up sometime today, probably during half time.

Yep, gotta keep people from getting that daily challenge done early I suppose.  Can't remember the last time I did one of those.
    Just no.  
  • Options
    mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited October 2021
    This might be a good example on a topic I’ve touched on before. The response I always get is “play for fun competitive nature and realize ur never going to get back what you put in an event” something like that. Yes I understand that. 
    Main event gold rewards is the topic and dingers reminds me how ridiculously stupid the rewards are for a regular club event. I’m in a solo minor club so if I spend tons of gold and get a set and push like hell all day i might net 400 gold if I finish 6-10. After spending probably 100k 🤷🏻‍♂️😂
    280 gold for 11-25 which is usually where I land if I really play.  Below 25 is 200 gold only for progress rewards which is what I do most times. All of this stuff you guys already know but I’m just pointing out how in one dinger ticket I can get basically top 10 gold. Cvc which has kinda always been a side event but yet far superior to “main event” rewards. 
    Even if I got first place in today’s event 1500 gold I can net that in about 4 dinger tickets. My point is definitely not to change dingers or cvc but the amounts of gold rewarded for club events is seriously lacking. Give me a reason to want to play when I’m sitting in 50th place that rewards 0 gold. 
    Majors does not reward enough gold either 400 gold for 6-10… 1 dinger ticket 🤷🏻‍♂️ I’m not saying add tens of thousands of gold but a few hundred here and there would go a long way for me.