What's a Gauntlet?

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
I've seen it mentioned repeatedly, I understand it's some kind of tournament for the whales, but can someone explain the format, where it's posted, prizes?  I'm just curious, I'll never spend enough to play in one, but interested in knowing what all the fuss is about...

Comments

• DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2021
    VIP event. It's pretty random, but usually on weekends.

edit: it's generally dominated by autotappers. it is what it is.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    You will find prizes/standings in the VIP lounge, which you have to be a VIP to access.  Basically it’s a flexing contest for the top spenders in the game.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    This is a SS of this weekends gauntlet 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    OK, thanks.  These are the VIP Events listed in the VIP Lounge, and it just totals your score and racks and stacks you against everyone for extra prizes?

For more examples of the power of moments.  August Gauntlet winner was 7.2 Trillion.  October Gauntlet winner was 756 Trillion...
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    whynot said:
    You will find prizes/standings in the VIP lounge, which you have to be a VIP to access.  Basically it’s a flexing contest for the top spenders in the game.
    Fast thumbs are required. And you need a yuge gold stash
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    xracman said:
    OK, thanks.  These are the VIP Events listed in the VIP Lounge, and it just totals your score and racks and stacks you against everyone for extra prizes?

For more examples of the power of moments.  August Gauntlet winner was 7.2 Trillion.  October Gauntlet winner was 756 Trillion...
    October is going to be a bit skewed cause of the Cards moments. That was the gauntlet where glu left a lot of food on the table.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    whynot said:
    Fast thumbs are required. And you need a yuge gold stash
    Point 1 is incorrect and with cards and Braves moments point 2 didn’t really apply the last 2 gauntlets but in general yes lots of gold. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    xracman said:
    I've seen it mentioned repeatedly, I understand it's some kind of tournament for the whales, but can someone explain the format, where it's posted, prizes?  I'm just curious, I'll never spend enough to play in one, but interested in knowing what all the fuss is about...
    here's the thing.   Like most things your input into is going to be alot greater then your output.   The main appeal is just to kinda say you did it.   I tried a few times last year without autotapping and just being on the board requires just a lot of manual games.   It was not a very relaxing experience, as basically anytime you wanna eat, brush your teeth, sleep, etc. you are losing points essentially.    You dont necessarily have to spend outside of field pass if you have gold saved up.   The main cost is your time
    edited October 2021
    xracman said:
    here's the thing.   Like most things your input into is going to be alot greater then your output.   The main appeal is just to kinda say you did it.   I tried a few times last year without autotapping and just being on the board requires just a lot of manual games.   It was not a very relaxing experience, as basically anytime you wanna eat, brush your teeth, sleep, etc. you are losing points essentially.    You dont necessarily have to spend outside of field pass if you have gold saved up.   The main cost is your time
    This was why the cards moments was greatness. I only used one set and only played during power hours and was easily on the board. That is unlikely to ever happen again.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    xracman said:
    It's worse now with the 2x daily limit also. I've never pushed for it but I'm sure those guys in top 50 are forfeiting at least one d6 a day on the weekend.