Yogi and a bump!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited October 2021 in General TSB Discussion
I’ll see how today’s moments look, but for now, my interest is lukewarm. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• rgh001rgh001 Registered Users, Member 178 Posts
    I know allure of atgs is that they get a bump but previous atgs don’t get bumped to next max when it increases or do they?
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    rgh001 said:
    I know allure of atgs is that they get a bump but previous atgs don’t get bumped to next max when it increases or do they?
    Yes, that’s why they’re special.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited October 2021
    rgh001 said:
    They will all be 560s today.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    They keep getting bumped to the max. The most value from ATGs is early on for this reason. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    I know a lot of decisions are moments driven and this box doesn’t exactly speak to the current moments but moments aside, this may be the best box I’ve seen in a long long time. A box of great lefties with good skills and a fan favorite Trout added. 
    All the other ATGs have been bumped!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I know a lot of decisions are moments driven and this box doesn’t exactly speak to the current moments but moments aside, this may be the best box I’ve seen in a long long time. A box of great lefties with good skills and a fan favorite Trout added. 

Agreed although Eddie imo should be an ATG.
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    I made it to the timer this week 😕 and got my first Ted. 😁 May have to take a couple weeks off from boxes to recover. Lol Can’t do 150k every week 😬
    Okay, maybe yogi isn’t that bad….

My Legend got a bump but not the Keepers yet.
  • Kzawada1Kzawada1 Registered Users, Member 10 Posts
    Anyone know of a club with a 30% open to use
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I made it to the timer this week 😕 and got my first Ted. 😁 May have to take a couple weeks off from boxes to recover. Lol Can’t do 150k every week 😬
    smart of you to make the plunge with two good bats at least.   Either Yogi or Ted is nice
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Kzawada1 said:
    Anyone know of a club with a 30% open to use
    I got a .30.  Club name is Henrys Coming, open during non cvc
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Back to Back ATG pulls on free gifts. I’m guessing Glu wants me to open my purse up. @whynot whats your in game handle?  I need that discount babe
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    edited October 2021
    Back to Back ATG pulls on free gifts. I’m guessing Glu wants me to open my purse up. @whynot whats your in game handle?  I need that discount babe
    Messaged you in the game.  My current name is ANKLEKNEE.  I open it during non Cvc but I’ll make an exception for you. 
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    Still waiting on keeper bump but Glu has been very generous this weekend.  Loading back up on all flavors of xp, plus 3 new legends to cycle the roster.  Hoping to pull Banks too.
    xracman said:
    Still waiting on keeper bump but Glu has been very generous this weekend.  Loading back up on all flavors of xp, plus 3 new legends to cycle the roster.  Hoping to pull Banks too.
    The “Bump the Keeper Dept. along with the “Free Stuff Friday” Dept. went home early yesterday, to get into their Halloween costumes and get an early start on the festivities. I think many from Glu did the same thing.
    My CS ticket is still unanswered but they probably haven’t gotten through half of the field pass not working ones yet. Still managed to plug a Saturday Extra Bases in out of nowhere.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    edited November 2021
    I guess no bump for keepers, huh? I guess can't complain to much, Glu has been really generous this weekend. Actually got me to spend a little bit of money, not much $11.00 just on the global challenge specials, and 15k in gold and got Buckner twice (got him the second time after leveling him to G10) , Trout twice and Teddy Ballgames oh and a metric sh*t ton of bxp. So if bumps don't come until tomorrow or sometime next week I won't be to upset.
    @Toughthundercats I completely forgot about global challenge, crazy weekend, so huge thanks for this back door reminder. Wait, that didn’t sound right. Umm…..when I get my “chart guy” check, I’ll make sure to pass on a bit of my gratitude 😎

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    @Toughthundercats I completely forgot about global challenge, crazy weekend, so huge thanks for this back door reminder. Wait, that didn’t sound right. Umm…..when I get my “chart guy” check, I’ll make sure to pass on a bit of my gratitude 😎

I’ll refrain from further comment. 
    2003cobra said:
    tshea510 said:

I’ll refrain from further comment. 
    Thank you for that.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
     No problem! 
    I guess no bump for keepers, huh? I guess can't complain to much, Glu has been really generous this weekend. Actually got me to spend a little bit of money, not much $11.00 just on the global challenge specials, and 15k in gold and got Buckner twice (got him the second time after leveling him to G10) , Trout twice and Teddy Ballgames oh and a metric sh*t ton of bxp. So if bumps don't come until tomorrow or sometime next week I won't be to upset.
    They may have given so many because the boxes were crap this weekend. The trick or treat business if you look carefully you found that 500 gold box did not guarantee a prime when you hit the counter.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    samtheman said:
    They may have given so many because the boxes were crap this weekend. The trick or treat business if you look carefully you found that 500 gold box did not guarantee a prime when you hit the counter.
    wasnt my best weekend either.   I think i was around 150-160 boxes between the two with gifts, cvc, minimal gold spent and no legends besides the 520 guarantee one.   I know thats not a huge amount by any means but I'm in the business of taking what I get.   Hopefully better days are ahead. 
    samtheman said:
    I thought the boxes were fantastic. First weekend of a new bump and we had some great legends as well as another atg bat. 

The ‘trick’ guarantee of a 520 legend was a terrible idea IMO, but I’d take the ‘treat’ legend guarantee over a useless prime guarantee any day. 

The number of free boxes were ridiculous and tbh, I’d expect fewer ‘free’ boxes this weekend even though it’s vip weekend. ‘21 continues to be a great year for f2p players and/or guys that don’t prioritize club points. 
    They do seem to have moved on from the first new legends after the bump will be less desirable routine which is a welcome change.  I opened more than 100 boxes, not including the tricks, before I saw a legend this weekend. With that new mega counter it’s easy to track. If I’d actually bought all those boxes with gold or real money I’d not be a happy customer. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    samtheman said:
    I thought the boxes were fantastic. First weekend of a new bump and we had some great legends as well as another atg bat. 

The ‘trick’ guarantee of a 520 legend was a terrible idea IMO, but I’d take the ‘treat’ legend guarantee over a useless prime guarantee any day. 

The number of free boxes were ridiculous and tbh, I’d expect fewer ‘free’ boxes this weekend even though it’s vip weekend. ‘21 continues to be a great year for f2p players and/or guys that don’t prioritize club points. 
    Agreed on all counts. The 520 thing was just dumb, I was lucky enough to have the 520 capped (Irvin) that I kept pulling but still not a fan. That said, the players were excellent and they reduced the guarantee counters to offset for the unfortunate situation where you pull a trick box and don't get at least a prime on your way there. The trick boxes being sprinkled throughout the weekend in different spots also has promise if they update it to something more valuable than an unlevelable legend. Overall I'd say B+
    In my free boxes, I got: 2x mathews, 2x lofton, 1x yogi, 1x Ted , and 1x Buckner. Obviously, that’s insane luck. I’d be over the moon, but ’m bitter because I got all those dudes after I spent a decent amount chasing them. All, except Buckner, were repulls. Also, I’m NOT a fan of the direction moments has taken. 😡
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    DFBB said:
    In my free boxes, I got: 2x mathews, 2x lofton, 1x yogi, 1x Ted , and 1x Buckner. Obviously, that’s insane luck. I’d be over the moon, but ’m bitter because I got all those dudes after I spent a decent amount chasing them. All, except Buckner, were repulls. Also, I’m NOT a fan of the direction moments has taken. 😡
    Agree about moments. Yuck. 

For the World Series I thought GLU did a good job with good boxes and then lots of gifts. That’s how a WS weekend should be imo. I believe priors years it’s been kinda lame around this time as they are already set on preparing next years version. So kudos for a fun weekend this time.