It pays to be cheap...Free moments!

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
edited November 2021 in General TSB Discussion
If you've been on the fence about moments, well, you can get them for 'free.' They're everywhere this weekend and most notably, for diamond guys, they're essentially free. Every 10th tourney box will be a moments box. 

edit: Yes, THE max3k moments are in there. Enjoy!
If you're not having fun, you're losing.
Prev1

Comments

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    This will be universally well received, with zero exceptions...
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Not if you have them all. Womp womp
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    edited November 2021
    It will entice some of us lower level guys to hit some tourneys. That includes cheap guys like me!
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I do have them all, but it's something I pushed for in private. They make the game more fun, but dang, I didn't think they'd 'give' them away like this. lol
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    I do have them all, but it's something I pushed for in private. They make the game more fun, but dang, I didn't think they'd 'give' them away like this. lol
    It’s definitely a good thing. I can’t remember, but what is the repull duplicate value once capped?
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Small but increasing amounts of blue cash. I’ve been trying to finish the Astros first pitch moment and it’s been very hard to find. Have several moments capped many times over and only found that one twice. Going to be tougher now with more in there, and they doubled the gold price of the box.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    The additions really watered down this box as many of the bonus multiplier ones are unlikely to ever be useful again. 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    samtheman said:
    The additions really watered down this box as many of the bonus multiplier ones are unlikely to ever be useful again. 
    This isn’t actually true. I have reused the cardinals one so many times, all the positional bonus ones will get reused with future primes and legends. There are bad ones, like the orioles first baseman one today and the rangers one that came with palmeiro a few weeks ago but truthfully they have all been reused quite a bit. 
    Since I got plameiro and that particular moments I use it all of the time. I feel that it may depend on your level that you’re at and how much you really care about club points if these positional ones really matter. Plenty of guys are still figuring out how to use them and when to take advantage of them. 
    edited November 2021
    Also, to help us better understand these what particular moments are guys using this weekend to help with club points? 
    We’ll for me I try to stack players on a specific team so my moment helps more players during non event or woh. So rangers, and to be specific lefty 1B and OF rangers are not part of any of my lineups. 

As far as the weekend goes I didn’t get any of the moments this weekend but I’m using the Braves Righty OF, the Astros Righty 1B from last weekend for gurriel and the cardinals from a while back for arenado. When I’m not using BP moments I tend to use mostly Cubs and Astros, or Indians for WOh when I want to play. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I have every moments multiple times over……..

except Max 3k 🥲

• mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Ok… so I have completely ignored moments and I don’t have clue how to use them. 
    So simplify this for me cuz  I am retarded.. let’s say I have the yogi moment. How do I use it? Is it specifically for him? Any yankee player? Have to be a catcher? Lefty bat? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    edited November 2021
    So simplify this for me cuz  I am retarded.. let’s say I have the yogi moment. How do I use it? Is it specifically for him? Any yankee player? Have to be a catcher? Lefty bat? 🤷🏻‍♂️
    It’s basically a tax to compete. So, for the Yogi moment, its useless. You’ll see on that specific one it will say L C New York Yankees.  It was huge when Yogi was a bonus player, but that time is done. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Gotcha so it is specific to what it says. Tks 👍🏻
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    It’s basically a tax to compete. So, for the Yogi moment, its useless. You’ll see on that specific one it will say L C New York Yankees.  It was huge when Yogi was a bonus player, but that time is done. 
    Yeah those "special" moments are garbage now, it's just now hoping you will pull a worthwhile "regular" team moment to help w/CvC, EB and WoH. Being flooded with those useless special moments it's even harder to pull a regular team moment of any use. Like you said, a form of luxury tax to compete.
  • Taknadump111Taknadump111 Registered Users, Member 135 Posts
    Exactly which moments are good for CVC, and which are for EB?
    Ok I didn’t want to be the only person to put a negative spin on this but I’ll chime in. For starters it was a great idea by Glu to help increase screen time this weekend. I would rather have received the moments without the specialty moments in the box. They are very specific and not much good if the moments aren’t maxed and obviously worthless if you don’t have a player that meets the criteria. I get that the regular moments can be useless also if you don’t have a player from that team to use them but it’s a whole lot easier to get a player that represents a team than it is to get a very specific player. Astros RH hitting 1b is one that I received. I pull Guerriel so I have a player that matches but I have 2 other Astros that are in my lineup and it’s more beneficial IMO to use the team moments that benefits 3 players instead of the specific moments that benefits 1 player. I was getting more points that way since Guerriel was getting more hits with the regular Astros  moments. I could have spent my resources and leveled up Guerriel for possibly 1 weekend only but I see that as a waste of resources. I loved the concept this weekend along with the Nelson Cruz frenzy in the players store. Hopefully there are more ideas like these on the horizon. So yes, I’m too cheap to chase these moments and to use resources on players for 1 event. 
    edited November 2021
    2003cobra said:
    Ok I didn’t want to be the only person to put a negative spin on this but I’ll chime in. For starters it was a great idea by Glu to help increase screen time this weekend. I would rather have received the moments without the specialty moments in the box. They are very specific and not much good if the moments aren’t maxed and obviously worthless if you don’t have a player that meets the criteria. I get that the regular moments can be useless also if you don’t have a player from that team to use them but it’s a whole lot easier to get a player that represents a team than it is to get a very specific player. Astros RH hitting 1b is one that I received. I pull Guerriel so I have a player that matches but I have 2 other Astros that are in my lineup and it’s more beneficial IMO to use the team moments that benefits 3 players instead of the specific moments that benefits 1 player. I was getting more points that way since Guerriel was getting more hits with the regular Astros  moments. I could have spent my resources and leveled up Guerriel for possibly 1 weekend only but I see that as a waste of resources. I loved the concept this weekend along with the Nelson Cruz frenzy in the players store. Hopefully there are more ideas like these on the horizon. So yes, I’m too cheap to chase these moments and to use resources on players for 1 event. 
    Good idea poorly executed. The Nelson Cruz Frenzy and the 540 legend box last Monday's WoH were the best two events of the year imo. The Cruz Frenzy actually got me spending real money and using a quarter of my gold that weekend. They need to keep the creativity flowing like they have been here recently but channel it a little better as they did with the Cruz Frenzy and last Monday's WoH.
    I forgot to mention that the 540 woh box was a huge hit and a major step in the right direction. It was either a nice way to get new players or a way to earn resources if you already had that player. I pulled Baylor and with a little forum encouragement dumped some resources into leveling him. He is definitely a lefty killer with the Angels moments! 
    2003cobra said:
    I forgot to mention that the 540 woh box was a huge hit and a major step in the right direction. It was either a nice way to get new players or a way to earn resources if you already had that player. I pulled Baylor and with a little forum encouragement dumped some resources into leveling him. He is definitely a lefty killer with the Angels moments! 
    Yes sir, like @DFBB said he is the GOAT for WoH. Even against righties he's a beast. Although I have Teddy Ballgames his skills 22/22 with no X-factor with the Bo Sox moments to level 3. He's unstoppable against righties.
    I use the woh x-factor with Ted so he has a higher rating than Baylor against righties. I was thinking about leveling Sciosia from that box as well but it’s really just going from a 540 righty to a 540 lefty. Mike would work well with the Dodgers moments but I’m waiting to see if they put the boxes in woh tomorrow 
    2003cobra said:
    This isn’t exactly true. The benefit of the Astros Righty 1B is probably still better than the Astros first pitch because the moment multiplier multiplies  ALL bonus points not just whatever points gurriel gets. So even though he is the only one who adds to the multiplier it does multiply all the points by any bonus player so it is still beneficial to use that one. 
    @jalapenocubbies I feel that your explanation is the first time that I’ve seen it stated that one particular moment will affect the overall score for the whole team and not only for that particular player. So if I had a whole lineup of bonus players and 3 moments that had a bonus game multiplier then my score would multiply by the amount of the 3 moments combined? Of course I would have to have a payer kn my lineup that matched each moment
    @jalapenocubbies youre saying that Sundberg which doesn’t have a moment is still getting his score multiplied by 1.44 and now it makes sense. I feel that there has been a lot of confusion surrounding these special moments. It has been stated numerous times that it only affects the player that meets the qualifications for that particular moment. But with these special moments is not the case. Thanks for helping to clarify for me and plenty of other forum members 
    2003cobra said:
    @jalapenocubbies youre saying that Sundberg which doesn’t have a moment is still getting his score multiplied by 1.44 and now it makes sense. I feel that there has been a lot of confusion surrounding these special moments. It has been stated numerous times that it only affects the player that meets the qualifications for that particular moment. But with these special moments is not the case. Thanks for helping to clarify for me and plenty of other forum members 
    Correct. It impacts the total multiplier which the multiplies the entire score. It’s why that cardinals moment did so much damage that one weekend. Because teams loaded up on cards to Jack up the moments multiplier. They have since fixed that to an extent but ultimately with some of these all that matters is getting the highest moment multiplier possible. 
    Ya… I used the Boston and Atlanta multiplier for the last 3 hours of the event (I was on a 59 hour delay). Anyways, pulled off 3-4 billion per game with those multipliers. Landed 4th. If you value club points, moments are required. There’s pros and cons to this new feature. Ultimately, it segregates F2P vs P2P.  
    Ya… I used the Boston and Atlanta multiplier for the last 3 hours of the event (I was on a 59 hour delay). Anyways, pulled off 3-4 billion per game with those multipliers. Landed 4th. If you value club points, moments are required. There’s pros and cons to this new feature. Ultimately, it segregates F2P vs P2P.  
    Agreed, but F2P players should reconsider now, as I am, to try figure how to efficiently incorporate them. It could possibly be a game changer in resources in events. Maybe instead of top 100 maybe top 25 or with several of the right bonus players top 10 definitely can propel a club to the next level it seems.
    @CanadaCubs which players were you using to pair up with those moments? Since I was only experimenting I didn’t use resources to level my players past bronze and I didn’t pull and of the big fish either 
    2003cobra said:
    @CanadaCubs which players were you using to pair up with those moments? Since I was only experimenting I didn’t use resources to level my players past bronze and I didn’t pull and of the big fish either 
    I had everyone. All sets complete. But on the active roster it was the 2 of the Potw’s, Templeton, Verdugo, and Hank.