Say what???

baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
edited November 2021 in General TSB Discussion
Who are these “players”? 

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    They are personalized legends that guys have earned by winning events or for other various reasons 
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    That first one is one of bstam’s
  • rlphillrlphill Registered Users, Member 14 Posts
    These are the created players of the guys that Glu openly allows to auto tap and cheat because they spend alot of money. Take a look at the world rankings... These guys have played 625,000 games this season. 2500 a day... yeah I'm sure they are legit
  • MetsicansMetsicans Registered Users, Member 1,046 Posts
    rlphill said:
    These are the created players of the guys that Glu openly allows to auto tap and cheat because they spend alot of money. Take a look at the world rankings... These guys have played 625,000 games this season. 2500 a day... yeah I'm sure they are legit
    I don’t think that number is indicative of cheating, just of someone who has literally nothing else to do with his life. 
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    As @rlphill said they are the ones that cheat and are allowed to because they spend hundred thousand dollars. It’s truly insane…  I try to imagine what kind of void those type players must being trying fill. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Maybe they really love Tap 🙃🏃🏃🏃
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    Maybe they really love Tap 🙃🏃🏃🏃
    True true..
     really not trying to be judgy lol cuz I’ve always said if your having fun it’s ur money it’s nobody’s business. But… damn 😳👀😱 next level 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    As @rlphill said they are the ones that cheat and are allowed to because they spend hundred thousand dollars. It’s truly insane…  I try to imagine what kind of void those type players must being trying fill. 
    A coke addiction, not trying to be sarcastic but seriously, when someome has an addictive personality things like this game can definitely fill a void where a drug addiction once resided, the problem is it'll still leave that person empty, it'll never fill that void. That's why they keep spending money because opening boxes gives them that rush. If they don't hit that player then it's like they get dope sick. I don't think it's about the competition because you don't win anything for being #1 in the world that's just an added bonus if they are able to get all the sets. Bragging rights are only fleeting especially when everyone knows they are spending thousands upon thousands of dollars and cheating on top of that. Who cares if they are in the top 300 in the world 🤷 I would love to see a pure F2P player break into the world rankings. It'll never happen, let me re-word that Glu will never let that happen.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    rlphill said:
    I don’t think that number is indicative of cheating, just of someone who has literally nothing else to do with his life. 
    It is 100% indicative of someone who auto taps. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    rlphill said:
    I don’t do it anymore, but autotapping isn’t cheating. It’s allowed. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Metsicans said:
    rlphill said:
    I’m not going to get Into a debate if it is or isn’t cheating, everyone can have their own opinion it doesn’t matter to me anymore. But they put some measures in place (D6 restrictions and mini games), however these are not stopping anything and in fact probably had an adverse impact as intended as it seems non auto tappers get hit more than auto tappers. In the end, any attempt to stop it has failed and the rest of us got screwed by the measures, and auto tappers continue to run everything. It’s just part of the game and I don’t see it ever stopping. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    At this point if I'm Glu, having already made the decision that taking a hard line on tappers will cost me revenue, I would try to add structure to it and monetize. It reminds me of what the gov't did with weed; if it's too costly to police it, you might as well add regulation and make some money on it.

It seems easy enough to add "multi-game" sims to one of the field passes, allowing guys to run 10, 20, 50 games or so as a one touch thing. The big dogs are probably buying every FP all the time anyway, so they get the benefit and the ones doing it "illegally" can be cracked down out without fear of losing whales. There might not be a silver bullet to solve this issue but it feels like there are some options that could be explored.
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Metsicans said:
    rlphill said:
    I’m not going to get Into a debate if it is or isn’t cheating, everyone can have their own opinion it doesn’t matter to me anymore. But they put some measures in place (D6 restrictions and mini games), however these are not stopping anything and in fact probably had an adverse impact as intended as it seems non auto tappers get hit more than auto tappers. In the end, any attempt to stop it has failed and the rest of us got screwed by the measures, and auto tappers continue to run everything. It’s just part of the game and I don’t see it ever stopping. 
    Where someone draws the line between glitching, autotapping, gg, etc. doesn't really matter. It's a game. It's not 'real.' If you want to have fun, do you and play/associate with like-minded people. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Good example with the weed legalization. Its been legal here in Canada longer before it was passed in the states, or at-least in some states as I understand it, not legal everywhere. But the numbers dont lie, by legalizing it they basically put drug dealers out of business when it came to that product. Its actually cheaper buying from the government and your getting a much better product then you would otherwise. I speak from experience because I am a smoker and have been buying my stuff from the government for years now.  The same should apply here, if GLU was smart they would partner up with a tapper company, or even make their own and monetize it. At the end of the day its all about the money, they are missing a big opportunity here not embracing the auto.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • HoumyHoumy Registered Users, Member 3,889 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    Good example with the weed legalization. Its been legal here in Canada longer before it was passed in the states, or at-least in some states as I understand it, not legal everywhere. But the numbers dont lie, by legalizing it they basically put drug dealers out of business when it came to that product. Its actually cheaper buying from the government and your getting a much better product then you would otherwise. I speak from experience because I am a smoker and have been buying my stuff from the government for years now.  The same should apply here, if GLU was smart they would partner up with a tapper company, or even make their own and monetize it. At the end of the day its all about the money, they are missing a big opportunity here not embracing the auto.
    Amen brother. What you said but about online poker instead. Fools legalize lotto and sports betting but poker is illegal. Lotto and sports betting are not gambling I guess 🤨

Instead of my $$$ going to shady off shore companies the state could get it but oh well!!!
    "Get ready for some NFTs" - VIP NEWSLETTER ca. 2022

At this point if I'm Glu, having already made the decision that taking a hard line on tappers will cost me revenue, I would try to add structure to it and monetize. It reminds me of what the gov't did with weed; if it's too costly to police it, you might as well add regulation and make some money on it.

It seems easy enough to add "multi-game" sims to one of the field passes, allowing guys to run 10, 20, 50 games or so as a one touch thing. The big dogs are probably buying every FP all the time anyway, so they get the benefit and the ones doing it "illegally" can be cracked down out without fear of losing whales. There might not be a silver bullet to solve this issue but it feels like there are some options that could be explored.
    I wouldn’t have an issue with this except for 1 thing, it shouldn’t be in the expensive field pass. I’m fine putting it In the small or medium. You could even put it in the small so people have to buy both. But making people pay 130 bucks (2x a week) or whatever it is in Canada, to pay for an auto tappers when others can do it for free would only piss me off more. So if say adding the auto tappers to the small pass, and the quick auto play staying in medium pass atleast you’d get people to buy both, without just alienating those who don’t already/can’t already do it. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I wouldn’t have an issue with this except for 1 thing, it shouldn’t be in the expensive field pass. I’m fine putting it In the small or medium. You could even put it in the small so people have to buy both. But making people pay 130 bucks (2x a week) or whatever it is in Canada, to pay for an auto tappers when others can do it for free would only piss me off more. So if say adding the auto tappers to the small pass, and the quick auto play staying in medium pass atleast you’d get people to buy both, without just alienating those who don’t already/can’t already do it. 
    I'd be cool with that too. But I was kind of thinking they would actually start jailing/substantial suspensions for evidence of 3rd party software now that they've made an approved auto-tapping method available for purchase. I say this under the assumption that Glu can identify people using third party tappers, they've just made a business decision to not punish them. 
    I'd be cool with that too. But I was kind of thinking they would actually start jailing/substantial suspensions for evidence of 3rd party software now that they've made an approved auto-tapping method available for purchase. I say this under the assumption that Glu can identify people using third party tappers, they've just made a business decision to not punish them. 
    I could be wrong but I don’t think they can. If they can and they’ve let it go on this long then that would really be offensive. I think they just see “clicks”. But to be fair, it’s not overly difficult to find the ones doing it or “abusing” it. But they gotta follow the money so they are safe either way.