OBP not calculated correctly

SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
An ongoing issue. In the game stats, OBP is almost always wrong. This pic shows an obvious case, with OBP less than BA. In this particular game, I had  4 walks and a HBP, which would make the OBP .842. I have no idea what you are using as a formula.

Comments

• jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Hard to say since they don't track it, but sac flys could cause OBP to be below BA (it counts as a plate appearance but not an AB). That said, it's definitely possible the formula they use is just off somewhere, I've had players have more hits than ABs several times (for example, 13 for 12). 
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    I find it hard to believe the devs have made a mistake here.  My suspicion is that MLB in incorrect on the way they do calculations.
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    It's also pretty common to have the batting average by the offense be different than the batting average allowed by the pitcher. Magic math!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    It's also pretty common to have people jailed because they scored too many points, stupid me for wanting to do exactly what you're supposed to do; score as many points as possible 🤷