Comedy at it’s Finest

tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
WOH and resources are a joke, bonus sets are a joke and then there is this:

Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    You know those helmets are expensive and hard to obtain 
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    I thought this was going to be about how the two ATG second baseman are exactly the same player. I guess that’s not true.  HH and ROB have switched places. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    Base15 said:
    I thought this was going to be about how the two ATG second baseman are exactly the same player. I guess that’s not true.  HH and ROB have switched places. 
    I thought about that too. 😂
    2003cobra said:
    To me, this is just incredible that someone is getting paid to not only make these decisions, but also approve them. For the same amount of money, one can get 3500 gold plus triple and double the boxes and still get the same amount of those elusive helmets by purchasing two $4.99 boxes instead of the single $9.99 box. 😂
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited January 2022
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:
    To me, this is just incredible that someone is getting paid to not only make these decisions, but also approve them. For the same amount of money, one can get 3500 gold plus triple and double the boxes and still get the same amount of those elusive helmets by purchasing two $4.99 boxes instead of the single $9.99 box. 😂
    In a vacuum, it's LOL. However, It's actually a fairly common marketing practice. The $4.99s will entice those that are on the fence AND have those guys feeling good about the deal. The guys that prioritize xfactors will buy them all up and not think twice.  

note: businesses do this with tangible items all the time, but in this particular case, there is no 'loss leader.'
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:
    In a vacuum, it's LOL. However, It's actually a fairly common marketing practice. The $4.99s will entice those that are on the fence AND have those guys feeling good about the deal. The guys that prioritize xfactors will buy them all up and not think twice.  

note: businesses do this with tangible items all the time, but in this particular case, there is no 'loss leader.'
    I thought about that before I posted, but that is giving Glu wayyyy too much credit. 😎
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited January 2022
    DFBB said:
    tshea510 said:
    2003cobra said:

If overall past mistakes within the game are any indication of how much thought time and effort are put into specials it must = mistake. So either mistakenly lazily thrown together.. or…a incredibly thought out marketing practice by glu. 
    We may never know… however as long as I’ve played Tsb I know which direction im leaning 😂
    We are talking about the same people that created a second identical atg second baseman. Well thought out 🤪
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    We are talking about the same people that created a second identical atg second baseman. Well thought out 🤪
    there are only so many skills to be given  :dizzy: time for some new skills?  :open_mouth:
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    there are only so many skills to be given  :dizzy: time for some new skills?  :open_mouth:
    How about double early innings or early innings and fire or early innings and blowout...   I like early innings skill because CvC and EB are my couple of my favorite modes. I know not good for much else but if you keep a roster specifically for CvC and EB he would be a stud. Mix it up a little bit, who cares this version fried, died and laid to the side....
    How about double early innings or early innings and fire or early innings and blowout...   I like early innings skill because CvC and EB are my couple of my favorite modes. I know not good for much else but if you keep a roster specifically for CvC and EB he would be a stud. Mix it up a little bit, who cares this version fried, died and laid to the side....
    I enjoy CVC as well. I wouldn't mind these skills on a prime player, especially a 580 prime, but besides that I'd rather just stick with the blowout/hot hitter guys for cvc/eb lol. I'm waiting for them to increase the CVC primes they sell in the specials on weekends. 560 guys get it done, but I'd like to see them get bumped and/or have them be a guy on one of the teams with CVC specific moments like the Phillies/Padres/Pirates, etc. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I enjoy CVC as well. I wouldn't mind these skills on a prime player, especially a 580 prime, but besides that I'd rather just stick with the blowout/hot hitter guys for cvc/eb lol. I'm waiting for them to increase the CVC primes they sell in the specials on weekends. 560 guys get it done, but I'd like to see them get bumped and/or have them be a guy on one of the teams with CVC specific moments like the Phillies/Padres/Pirates, etc. 
    I’m with you on that one hombre. I don’t think people have realized how much moments have impacted this game. It’s not the player you pull, it’s how you utilize moments
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    I’m with you on that one hombre. I don’t think people have realized how much moments have impacted this game. It’s not the player you pull, it’s how you utilize moments
    You are 💯 correct on that. I can careless about who I pull, it's all about the players skills and how their respective moments mesh for me. Like the left handed pitching moments for the Angels (one of my favorites) Don Baylor is the most efficient player against Ruth, Spier can beat Ruth 13 to 14 times out of 15 but Baylor it's automatic 15 out of 15. The difference is the moments. Same thing with Brandon Marsh with the moments he's a beast still. J-RAM same thing to a little bit lesser of an extent. Moments have given players much longer shelf life than ever before. 
    True but damn didn’t have be a complete copy. Lol 

Possibly time for new skills I’m not sure how you expand on them without making the game messier than it already is? So I’ll leave that to the glu professionals. 😬
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    New Skills for 22’- Runner on 1st and 3rd, 0 and 3 count, and 1 out skill. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    New Skills for 22’- Runner on 1st and 3rd, 0 and 3 count, and 1 out skill. 
    When I first read this…I was like I wonder if the 3-0 count could work just like 1st pitch for woh…then I read it again….hahaha
    Can we get a 9th batting position skill since we have a lead off hitter skill? How about a super blowout skill where it kicks in when you’re up(or down) by 100 runs? Maybe the last round or woh could have us down to Babe by 125 runs to start so it would be tempting to use a player with that skill. Maybe a cold hitter skill that would decrease your rating after getting a hit-opposite of HH. 
  • YardGoatsYardGoats Registered Users, Member 382 Posts
    Here are some more ideas. The “bat flip” skill…does the cut to bat flip screen…and it is a fly out to deep center every time (also could be call warning track skill). Also the “watch hit” skill… your player thinks it is a homerun and walks to first and it hits off the wall so instead of getting a double or triple he gets a single.
  • whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Tell me everyone wouldn’t chase a guy with a “charge the mound on an inside pitch” skill!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    I wouldn't be surprised to see a second X-Factor introduced next year, but instead of the X-Factors we have now it'll be the skills we currently see. Essentially pick your own third skill, but good luck pulling the ones you want in the third tier. Or, you know, they'll just make a 4th tier and call it a day =)
    How about a score 2 billion bonus points in a game skill, when you activate it you go straight to jail🤷
    How about a score 2 billion bonus points in a game skill, when you activate it you go straight to jail🤷

• whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Thought we already had that?  Just not available to VIP’s
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
    whynot said:
    Thought we already had that?  Just not available to VIP’s
    Oh no, next year it'll be available for everyone, it'll be in the specials for $19.99 and in game store 300g per box... That's their next profit driving machine.... Why just gouge the non VIPs.... 
    That one already exists