Options

Pitching Lab

MB923MB923 Registered Users 7 Posts
Anyone else having trouble with it besides me? I tap twice and then the third time it either goes right down the middle or outside the zone. 

Comments

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    It depends on the pitch calling. You'll get the hang of it
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    [Glu Sports] blueleopard[Glu Sports] blueleopard Administrator, Moderators 815 Posts
    I've been playing for about month and I never won.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I won a few times times today. Tap on the side arrow to start the line moving sideways.  Tap it again to stop it. It will then start going up so tap the arrow at the top to stop it. It will then pitch automatically. You have to anticipate where you want it to stop based on the type of pitch and the movement. Of course you want to have the ball stop in the blue box which is their cold zone. 
  • Options
    jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    This is probably the thing I am most looking forward too. I’m going to try and new approach this season and having something like this will help. It’s different from the monotony of just tapping aimlessly for BG. I hope this catches n and get expanded. 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    after seeing which pitch i was throwing, i won a game. And got nothing for my efforts. :(
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    after seeing which pitch i was throwing, i won a game. And got nothing for my efforts. :(
    Its premature in the game. But I'm hopeful that glu will build on it. It does have potential 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    SlashlineSlashline Registered Users, Member 80 Posts
    It could use a restart button, rather than having to go out and back in again. I lose so quickly, that I spend more time getting back to it than playing!
  • Options
    ExtremeEaglesXExtremeEaglesX Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Is there any rewards for pitching lab? It is a cool feature but not sure what to do with it!
  • Options
    superbadgers420superbadgers420 Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Is pitching lab the only time we can be pitcher???
  • Options
    I haven’t seen any rewards yet 
  • Options
    rtjrnatrtjrnat Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    My theory about the pitching lab is that it's a testing ground for them to see how we play, how we handle different pitches selected, and what we're successful at. I bet there won't be rewards or anything. If it's a mode you'll be interested in, I'd play is a decent amount which if I'm right, gives them live player feedback to improve it...
    ...or I'm wrong...
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I’d love to be able to choose my pitches when practicing. I’d like to be able to throw 20 sliders in a row to get used to how that pitch works. 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    rtjrnat said:
    My theory about the pitching lab is that it's a testing ground for them to see how we play, how we handle different pitches selected, and what we're successful at. I bet there won't be rewards or anything. If it's a mode you'll be interested in, I'd play is a decent amount which if I'm right, gives them live player feedback to improve it...
    ...or I'm wrong...
    It's just about getting feedback on the mechanics. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    I would also like to see us have a little more time to select pitch location. Maybe slow down the bar or let it go through the zone multiple times so we can time it better 
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    I would also like to see us have a little more time to select pitch location. Maybe slow down the bar or let it go through the zone multiple times so we can time it better 
    I think 'control' will be a big factor in the speed of the bar. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • Options
    That’s a good point but it doesn’t appear that we can change pitchers. Maybe we can later in the season