Observations?

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
Daily Moments - Got the text, where do you find them?
CVC/Bash rewards go right to your inbox -  that's cool/
I don't see any skills active on my players?  
Prev1

Comments

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Its under Pickems tab
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    The only skill I've leveled is my legend's one skill, but it appears to be active when it should be (it lights up, and his ratings reflect the boost). I haven't leveled the skills on my keepers yet, and they have not been lighting up when they "would" be active.

My initial observations:
    • The CVC to inbox thing is cool. I think it'll put an end to not collecting CVC losses to game the rankings/matchup system - I'm not sure if that's good or bad.
    • I'm not wild about the fact that you can't see the rating of the opposing starting pitcher before a bonus game.
    • In target bash, balls feel like they curve more off the bat.  I can't tell if that's true, or if it's just because hits are shorter and we're seeing the full curve happen on screen (presumably a 615 foot home run keeps curving, after you can no longer see it, but it doesn't matter).
    • The switch hitter glitch is still present in TB.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    The ball curving in target bash is because your hitters are weaker, so you are seeing the curve for the flight of the ball. It was true in 20 as well as I would occasionally use non upgraded bonus players and see the same thing. 
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Why does it show 4 spots for the keepers when you’re on the keeper screen?  What does the last spot mean?
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Why does it show 4 spots for the keepers when you’re on the keeper screen?  What does the last spot mean?
    VIPs get an extra keeper(batter or pitcher).
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • JdotChristopherJdotChristopher Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    VIPs get an extra keeper(batter or pitcher).
    Okay, that was my thinking but I wanted to make sure the last spot wasn’t superhero boost player lol a guy can dream, right!?   Thanks for answering so fast.  
  • TimidDeuceTimidDeuce Registered Users, Member 87 Posts
    POTW has a date in the picture, which points to distinct player versions for POTW that repeat in future weeks.  This would be a shame, similar to when Machado repeated last year and they released a second version.  Not a fan.
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    They’ve halved the amount of gold I get per video which kind of kills off my chance of playing to any decent level on a FTP basis. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    They’ve halved the amount of gold I get per video which kind of kills off my chance of playing to any decent level on a FTP basis. 
    They just brought you UK guys down to our level
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
    They just brought you UK guys down to our level
    That's probably the exchange rate.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    You can thank Brexit....
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    My main observation is that there is no 200 gold for your club achieving progress tier 6.
    Don't remember if it started like this in 2020 as well? Or is this just the latest middle finger?
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    Prime games are being counted as division wins. I can’t decide if that’s good or bad. 
  • navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Base15 said:
    Prime games are being counted as division wins. I can’t decide if that’s good or bad. 

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Just as soon as they add a level above Diamond Since everyone will be there this season.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    the race to Onyx tier is afoot
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    I like this a lot. 

• vanwestvanwest Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    Where here do I find that screen?
    When you win hit the info tab
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    One small observation I just noticed, and I both like and dislike it, is that club loyalty boxes are way different. 

My club bumped to silver last night. I can collect the 2 daily boxes for bronze, and the 2 daily boxes for silver, and the 50 bronze boxes, and the 50 silver boxes. Of course I like being able to get the daily boxes from all the levels, but I’m sure this will cut down on evo hunting tremendously (useful when trying to build your club up)
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Here’s two observations.  Playing a lot of WOH this weekend and can’t help but notice how many double plays they’ve coded into the game now.  That and dropped fly balls that hit the glove and fall out.  I realize this is not a simulation but it’s to to point of being annoying and the year just started.  
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    Another one:  foul ball “hits” are still a glitch in the gameplay.  Lined a few off the dugout fence and the runners just kept on going just like last year.  
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    Here’s two observations.  Playing a lot of WOH this weekend and can’t help but notice how many double plays they’ve coded into the game now.  That and dropped fly balls that hit the glove and fall out.  I realize this is not a simulation but it’s to to point of being annoying and the year just started.  
    That’s common when your team is at the lower levels with less skilled players. Every year at the beginning, there are a ton of double plays, even triple plays, and dropped fly balls. As the year goes on and you move up and also you get better players and they increase the difficulty of the pitching and defense, all of that goes down. You will hit more fly outs, pop outs, and ground outs that result in 1 out. The triple plays still come occasionally, which is ridiculous since those are rare in real baseball. 
    sullipa8 said:
    That’s common when your team is at the lower levels with less skilled players. Every year at the beginning, there are a ton of double plays, even triple plays, and dropped fly balls. As the year goes on and you move up and also you get better players and they increase the difficulty of the pitching and defense, all of that goes down. You will hit more fly outs, pop outs, and ground outs that result in 1 out. The triple plays still come occasionally, which is ridiculous since those are rare in real baseball. 
    I'm just glad the floating 'damnit' moonshots are still homers. To be specific, I'm referring to the ones that appear to be a can of corn(routine fly out), u(or maybe it's just me lol) get annoyed/angry/disgusted, stare in disbelief....only to see that the ball just keeps going and going and the AI puts his gloves up to catch it, only you can see that the shadow suggests he has no chance and then you see the pretty words...Home Run! LOL
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    DFBB said:
    sullipa8 said:
    I'm just glad the floating 'damnit' moonshots are still homers. To be specific, I'm referring to the ones that appear to be a can of corn(routine fly out), u(or maybe it's just me lol) get annoyed/angry/disgusted, stare in disbelief....only to see that the ball just keeps going and going and the AI puts his gloves up to catch it, only you can see that the shadow suggests he has no chance and then you see the pretty words...Home Run! LOL
    I was just thinking that's literally the only thing i missed out on by not playing WOH while I was bronze/silver this year. 
    My favorite is that the dang news tabs still shows a new news update, but when you click it nothing is there 😂🤣
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Any chance they put 200gold back into the top tier of the progress rewards???
    The current schedule is similar to what we had in the last month of '20. However, this early in the year, winning games isn't easy at any tier. In particular, it's just downright deflating in lower tiers when you consider that six days a week, bonus games are the optimal/only way to score club points. And WoH? Good luck to the lower tiers. The end result being, what are you doing if you're not diamond? Maybe I need to look at it through a more casual lens, but unless you're diamond, there's little to no incentive to be on the app beyond videos/gift collection. IMO, this is an issue that needs to be addressed because....

The diamond life isn't for everyone. And this early into the game, it's no picnic either. 

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    It’s something that’s puzzled me for some time now. Why do they program the game in such a way that it quickly becomes difficult to win much at all? One of my theories is they want to get rid of players that won’t spend big money and do it right away.
    edited March 2021
    samtheman said:
    It’s something that’s puzzled me for some time now. Why do they program the game in such a way that it quickly becomes difficult to win much at all? One of my theories is they want to get rid of players that won’t spend big money and do it right away.
    I definitely don't think that is the case. F2p guys are very important. Indirectly, they help the tsb economy.