15k Gold Gift ??????

DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
edited March 2021 in General TSB Discussion
I got gift today but when hit collect button app closed out and went back on no gift in inbox or 15kgold . Glu needs to fix this for everyone ASAP .. Glu gotta be biggest screw up ever better fix it ASAP
Prev1

Comments

• RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    Looks like the gift was meant to include 15k blue cash, but included 15k gold instead. I think the "fix" was them taking it back.
  • DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    Now news says they gonna reverse it ? How that happen ? They take away players, level up, boosts, etc whatever gold used on? Probably easier just send everyone 15k 
  • LooseballsackLooseballsack Registered Users, Member 45 Posts
    I received the gold and a few minutes ago it was taken back. This is ridiculous and I’m not spending one penny on this game now. They screwed up and should’ve let everyone keep it to start the season out on a good note. Now they’ve pissed everyone off. I guess it was smart to hurry up and spend it all like many others did, if you waited then you lost out which is even more unfair!!! Boycott the weekend everyone!!
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I bet they did this on purpose to get people to start spending gold. I’m now down about 2500-3000 I wouldn’t have spent today. Typical GLU. Punish us for their eff-up.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Mine just went away. They put it towards FR
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Mistakes happen. I get it. But don’t take it back. That’s just wrong. Some already spent theirs, got repulls bxp...etc. No way to rightly do it....so YOU DONT DO IT. If they took away Gold they should return it. Own your mistake. Don’t say whoops and take it back. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    what I love is people getting glu'd the first time and calling boycott..how about welcome to the game pal..this is a minor Fup compared to their normal horse shit.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    I dunno... this one is right up there in the HOF of GLU eff-ups.
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    As someone that has been Glu'd for years...yall aint seen nothin yet.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • RodFarvaRodFarva Registered Users, Member 121 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Eh, nevermind. 
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    Glu stimulus payment
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    Whoever made the decision to rescind the gift should be fired...
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    You’d think they’d just fix the box odds to drain everyone’s gold like they normally do. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    I dont think taking it away was the best idea.   In the grand scheme of things i think the morale boost it would have given players would have been worth it in the long run.    Just my two cents I suppose.
  • spaghettiloverspaghettilover Registered Users 59 Posts
    For the record, when they "took it back", it basically just registered as if I had spent the 15k. I got the fan rewards up to 15k and my ballpark investment jumped up to Level 3.
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    I dont think taking it away was the best idea.   In the grand scheme of things i think the morale boost it would have given players would have been worth it in the long run.    Just my two cents I suppose.
    Yeah i had the same thought, it means more to us than it does to them which ultimately might help their bottom line or at least not really impact it. That would have been the only way to really make it fair. I was on a conference call from 2-3 so I never got it. I wouldn't have spent any of it, so it would have been gone but I missed out on 15k in FR/Stadium progress that would have been nice (and possibly persuaded me to spend another 2500 for the 20k tier). 
  • depoytedepoyte Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    the problem is some people spent the gold, which gives them an unfair advantage 
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    But how were we supposed to know it was a mistake?

• navyjack77navyjack77 Registered Users, Member 1,299 Posts
    Glu could have claimed it was a “stimulus check” and left it alone. If everyone got the gold then it doesn’t make any difference. The whales are still gonna spend because they don’t want a regular joe competing against their rankings.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    The absolute WORST decision any company can make is to give a customer a gift, then apologize that it was not meant for them and then take it back. Yes, the IDIOT that made the decision to insult its customers should be dealt with immediately! Hey Glu, it was a mistake, suck it up buttercup and move on.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    And..... the 21 Tsb dumpster fire 🔥 is full blaze. Great job glu as always  👍🏻👍🏻
  • JTPASTORJTPASTOR Registered Users, Member 456 Posts
    Waaay more costly to take it back rather than just owning it. Whoever made the call to take it back should be freed up. 

I just assumed they were taking the drug dealer approach to start the launch weekend. Lol

I thought the Foil Marte Gate was bad. 😂
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Yeap should've just left alone. Horrible decision to do what they are doing right now. Mistakes happen, own it and move it. Its costs them nothing in the long run. Happy players would've spent it all and then probably bought more things because of it. Happy players = more spending. This happened last year as well but it was like 5400g or something and they left it. Obviously larger amounts here but it doesn't cost them anything, its "virtual currency"
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • ihuffgluihuffglu Registered Users, Member 172 Posts
    Got my stadium up, nice amount of xp from repulls, some shiny new xfactors and both sets, I couldn't have spent it any faster 🤣 
    "Never take your eye off the underdog"
    Glu won’t issue refunds, even if a purchase is made by mistake, but they’ll sure as hell take them if they make a mistake. The issue I see is people who spent that gold immediately after receiving the gift. Some of those people made purchases after this, and that gold was taken away from them as if Glu put a negative amount in their account. Glu admitted that it was their mistake, so in this case, I think Glu STOLE money from these customers. They can easily fix this by returning the money they stole from some people.
    @[Glu Sports] blueleopard can you comment on this issue?
    @[Glu Sports] blueleopard can you comment on this issue?
    Can’t even tag him anymore.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    For the record, when they "took it back", it basically just registered as if I had spent the 15k. I got the fan rewards up to 15k and my ballpark investment jumped up to Level 3.
    That is definitely the glass half full part of it and I am thankful for that .
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    ihuffglu said:
    Got my stadium up, nice amount of xp from repulls, some shiny new xfactors and both sets, I couldn't have spent it any faster 🤣 
    I know a few others who greatly benefited too. In fact, every single person that got it benefited at minimum, via FR and/or the stadium. However, that's not the point. I always remind my kids that nobody remembers what you say, but they will remember how you made them feel. Even thought the end result is a 'net positive', the community feels like they got shafted and that's the big takeaway. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Unfortunately I held off on buying the ballpark for once.