15k Gold Gift ??????

2Next

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    There were so many ways they could have explained the mess up and left the gift alone
    1.  "Acuna and Soto wanted to give you a chance to chase them this weekend"
    2. "Here is the real $100 welcome gift"
    3. " @retirepujols bought a global gift bundle"

Instead, they made a mistake. This mistake was multiplied (literally) by the multiplier.  Then people felt like they got the short end of the stick, that never should have been there in the first place.  
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    And..... the 21 Tsb dumpster fire 🔥 is full blaze. Great job glu as always  👍🏻👍🏻
    Yup.... dumpster fire....
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I was feeling really good about Glu when I got my “gift” and then they dropped the hammer on us. I tried to think positive about the FR and stadium but it’s bad business to take things away after they are given out. 
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    So once again a select few benefited from a mistake. Guess I missed out, as usual. 
  • JTANDMEJTANDME Registered Users, Member 767 Posts
    Just wondering when this gift came out cause I got nada. Seems like the easy fix is not the one made 
  • GoExpos1994GoExpos1994 Registered Users, Member 193 Posts

We are all beta testers
  • cosmopottercosmopotter Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
    So some people spent it fast and weren’t punished, some people got it taken away but got the benefit of fan reward and ballpark upgrades. Those who were late to see it got nothing but an apology. I don’t think that is equal or fair in any way, but typical of GLU. I spent $300 by accident and they wouldn’t dream of giving it back, but if THEY make a mistake it’s just an oops.

should have let everyone keep it and get hooked on the spending... the first taste is free!
  • MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
    Seems unfair to give me a gift, I use the said gift. Later to discover this was a mistake by you.
    Then you decide to take away what I've worked for and spent real  money on. 
    I haven't been on most of the day I was training new employees. When I hopped and saw a 15,000 gold gift I was like Glu actually is trying to send out good will maybe they are turning a new leaf and then saw they took back what they gave....all I have to say is oops, you glu'd it up again... Seriously though as a business you can't be doing things like this. Mistakes happen I know but you can't give 15000 gold and then take it back especially knowing people have spent it and obtained players and resources that others haven't. You should've ate this mistake and moved on. The guy who originally made the mistake shouldn't be effed with since another person made a horrendous mistake by taking it back, now that person should be fired! I'm just feeling lucky I didn't get jailed for accepting the 15000 gold gift because that is usually how Glu rolls. Eff up and then blame their customers.
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I haven't been on most of the day I was training new employees. When I hopped and saw a 15,000 gold gift I was like Glu actually is trying to send out good will maybe they are turning a new leaf and then saw they took back what they gave....all I have to say is oops, you glu'd it up again... Seriously though as a business you can't be doing things like this. Mistakes happen I know but you can't give 15000 gold and then take it back especially knowing people have spent it and obtained players and resources that others haven't. You should've ate this mistake and moved on. The guy who originally made the mistake shouldn't be effed with since another person made a horrendous mistake by taking it back, now that person should be fired! I'm just feeling lucky I didn't get jailed for accepting the 15000 gold gift because that is usually how Glu rolls. Eff up and then blame their customers.
    I was feeling weak. I was actually thinking about spending $30 on FP this weekend. But with this BONEHEAD move, Glu has made certain I’m keeping that $30 safely away from them. Yes, the IDIOT(s) who made the decision to take back the gift should be terminated immediately. 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
  • ProbodybuilderProbodybuilder Registered Users 337 Posts
    I got 30k
  • barnstormbombersbarnstormbombers Registered Users, Member 96 Posts
    I got 45k. Then they took 7500 of my gold
    tshea510 said:
    I was feeling weak. I was actually thinking about spending $30 on FP this weekend. But with this BONEHEAD move, Glu has made certain I’m keeping that $30 safely away from them. Yes, the IDIOT(s) who made the decision to take back the gift should be terminated immediately. 
    I agree I was actually planning on spending to possibly to get the badge of shame this year because I kinda felt left out. After this slime ball move I think I like being left out.
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    Those of us who never got anything to be taken away:

edited March 2021
    Mulderken said:
    Seems unfair to give me a gift, I use the said gift. Later to discover this was a mistake by you.
    Never seems to work the other way around when we make a mistake, does it?

I've accidently spent gold on many boxes and draft picks over the years by tapping the button by a *mistake*. Whenever I have asked them to reverse the purchase because of my mistake, the response from CS has always been the same: "go pound sand". (Paraphrasing. Somewhat)
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Can’t help but wonder if they reversed it because they didn’t want all the new players realizing the first week how devalued gold has become in the game.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Shoot I remember @dkarski87 and I waiting, and waiting, and waiting for the mountain of gold special to pop up back about 3 years ago. 

Now you can get a special with more gold, and a crap ton of other stuff, for way less. 
    I remember in ‘17, I got an unexpected HUGE gift. I wrote CS to pass out my thanks as this was awesome and unexpected. They told me that what I received was the monthly VIP gift and it was sent to me in error. On behalf of the “team”, they apologized. BUT THEY DIDN'T “REVERSE” THE GIFT! How far this damn team of decision makers has fallen in the past few years. 
    I would say as a rule of thumb, if you get an 80K gift of gold, spend it. Immediately. Team upgrades, XP boxes, whatever. Don't save it. I can promise you I can find use for 80K gold even if the weekend boxes suck. Just spend it because you know damn well you are up against the clock. 
    No FreeStuffFriday? Guess they’re afraid of screwing that up too. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    jwehner said:
    So once again a select few benefited from a mistake. Guess I missed out, as usual. 
    I wish there was an “Aw” button. This comment was kind of sad 😞 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    Mulderken said:
    Never seems to work the other way around when we make a mistake, does it?

I've accidently spent gold on many boxes and draft picks over the years by tapping the button by a *mistake*. Whenever I have asked them to reverse the purchase because of my mistake, the response from CS has always been the same: "go pound sand". (Paraphrasing. Somewhat)
    Especially when the ‘mistake’ is the near daily occurrence of finding yourself having to bail out of a purchase when you didn’t even touch that part of the screen. The traps in this game are a disgrace, frankly.