Hof woh for 3-22-21: Bronx edition

DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
The most recent hof chart is in the charts thread. Doubtful it changes, but if it does, please let me know. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Looks like there is a VIP event and they removed boxes from the store, so if you want to score event points you have to purchase everything with real money. Not sure if intended or not, but wow. 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    WOH is still locking up on me routinely. Select a player. App begins to load. Freezes/Locks at 90%.
    Happened 3 times in first six plays. F-ing blows. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Looks like there is a VIP event and they removed boxes from the store, so if you want to score event points you have to purchase everything with real money. Not sure if intended or not, but wow. 
    I just checked and it looks normal to me.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    No boxes in the store for me. Other people affected also. And yes I restarted and my wifi is good to go haha.
  • buddydavebuddydave Registered Users, Member 317 Posts
    Anyone have charts on the other two towers?
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    Continues to lock up on me also. Guess I’m not allowed to play WoH?!
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    make sure you updated.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    WOH is still locking up on me routinely. Select a player. App begins to load. Freezes/Locks at 90%.
    Happened 3 times in first six plays. F-ing blows. 
    Yes my experience too
  • jwehnerjwehner Registered Users, Member 61 Posts
    It’s not worth even trying to play for me. It locks up everytime and I have to restart the app. Only to play once then have it happen again. 
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited March 2021
    My WoH observations today:

Level 4 was massively more difficult than level 5.  I lost at 4.5 a handful of times using weekend Acuna, skill at 8 and WoH x-factor level 3.  Lost 3 times at 4.7 with ATG Bench, skills at 8/8, WoH x-factor level 3.  Beat 4.8-4.10 all on first try — using My Legend at 4.8 (double RHP 8/8), ATG Chipper at 4.9 (8/8 & WoH x-factor level 3), and Davey at 4.10 (8/8 & WoH x-factor level 4).

Made only 2 total outs the first 9 rounds of level 5, both at 5.3 with Ryan Mountcastle.  Made an out with Davey on the first pitch of 5.10 (poor timing) and another out on the first curveball with the score 8-7 (poor timing), but won with a 2-run double on the only other curveball I saw.

I didn’t use any video or gold boosts.  Never used a video restart since I was only willing to at 4.10 and 5.8-5.10, but didn’t lose any of those rounds.  Hopefully that will help someone.  If you didn’t notice from the first screenshot, I’m at gold tier.

EDIT: Glad I decided to go with Davey over Morgan...Davey lights it up!
  • Base15Base15 Registered Users 504 Posts
    buddydave said:
    Anyone have charts on the other two towers?
    I’m interested in this also. My 5 day old team isn’t ready for HOF. 
    edited March 2021
    Edit: I was wrong 😔
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Also, chart is accurate still @DFBB
    my experience so far says 2.7 is a R instead of L. I can’t get much past the middle of level 3 yet :(
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Definitely there is an issue with WOH. The freezing/lockup thing isn't happening during the Rally WOH....but as soon as I toggle back to the normal WOH event - every other round app freeze/loads at 90%. 

Guess it's not a bug, but a feature??
    When the rally event I had started was over, the boxes came back in the store. So I guess you can't buy event boxes while rally is active? Weird.
    my experience so far says 2.7 is a R instead of L. I can’t get much past the middle of level 3 yet :(
    That’s possible, my bad.  I wasn’t paying much attention until level 3.
    That’s possible, my bad.  I wasn’t paying much attention until level 3.
    Most people who have had the game for a while and can cycle probably autoplay it. Means it doesn’t stick out like it does for new peoples 
    edited March 2021
    I actually only used my skip perk to skip the first 9 of level 1.  Played every other level manually.  I capped my 4 hitting upgrades at 60/60 before the event, so I was basically out of cash, lol.  I just used Bench at 2.7, so it didn’t affect his skills being active and I clearly wasn’t paying enough attention.  🤦‍♂️
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    I'm at silver with an ok team, but stuck at 4.10 for now.  Not enough cash to buy skills just yet.  Hitting upgrades are done but not clutch/ in the zone.  Not enough exp to go to what I suspect would be an easier experience in Gold as that will take a bit to scrounge up the exp to level a few bats that way.  How many of the pitchers are actually 3*+?  I didn't really notice any through 4.10.
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    DFBB said:
    The most recent hof chart is in the charts thread. Doubtful it changes, but if it does, please let me know. 

That chart is wrong!
  • slafrance2slafrance2 Registered Users, Member 1,370 Posts
    3.5 is a righty?
    Made it to 5.9 before Davey couldn’t get it done there. Silver team. Davey’s skills at 5/5 and a 4% X-factor. Not too shabby for a 6-day old team I guess. Sigh. 
    Since I wanted to make up for my mistake earlier about the chart, I manually played all 50 rounds on my 2nd cycle.  The only change is 2.7 being a RHP now, as said by @Bigpredfan

@slafrance2 Yes, that means 3.5 is indeed a RHP, along with every other pitcher in levels 3-5.  If you’re seeing something different, you aren’t playing the HoF Bronx tower.

I realize that doesn’t make much of a difference for today, being so late, but it is 100% the only change is at 2.7.

@DFBB
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I'm at silver with an ok team, but stuck at 4.10 for now.  Not enough cash to buy skills just yet.  Hitting upgrades are done but not clutch/ in the zone.  Not enough exp to go to what I suspect would be an easier experience in Gold as that will take a bit to scrounge up the exp to level a few bats that way.  How many of the pitchers are actually 3*+?  I didn't really notice any through 4.10.
    I’m silver as well. Just wasted a whole lot of cash and gold trying to beat HOF. Not the best idea I know, but I can be stubborn like that. I too was stuck at 4.10. Going gold isn’t yet an option for me just yet. I’m losing prime games, bonus games and can’t seem to win a tournament without trying about ten times. I guess this is normal for the beginning stages but it kind of sucks.