HR Battles

Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
Has anyone actually found an opponent for a battle on something other than cash or gold? I have not, not once. And I've been playing since the beta dropped in February. 

I have only found gold battles when it is included in daily challenges. Even cash battles are not easy to find. 

The pool of opponents has been diluted even further than it was before by adding all these additional battles. If you want this to work out you are going to have to either include battles in challenges every day or in some other way incentivize it. It is not worth waiting for more than 1 or 2 matchmaking searches to play one battle. 

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I, for 1, am not good enough at derby battles to risk anything but cash. The XP one to me isn’t even worth trying. It should be for 10X what it is. 500 XP to win 850
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    Haven't had a problem finding an opponent for cash battles, even through all hours of the night. in fact, played someone early this morning using a player with a power rating of 4! he scored 0 points... 
  • redlegs2018uredlegs2018u Registered Users, Member 1,048 Posts
    Cash battles have been mostly instant, haven't tried since I moved to Silver over the weekend.  I like that there's choices but most people are probably only going to play for cash and gold and maybe evo later.  Maybe have gold pull from one pool and everything else pull from an another so that people who want to play for exp or pennants can do that.
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    I managed to catch one pennant battle.  I’m finding it difficult at times for a cash battle matchup.  In years past the start of the year was the hot period for HR battles and it was used to build resources.  

It seems like people are opening the wallet now rather than opting for the slow build;  the amount of capped gold or higher teams who have been playing for a week (beta players excluded) seems a lot higher than a week into the game for the last few years.  

Anyhow, whatever the reason, I’m finding it harder to get matchups and commonly have to re-spin the search when looking to play some derby. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    What tier are you guys in? In terms of traffic, gold battles at bronze seem great. At silver, it's solid. Beyond that, I'd imagine it's tough to find a match. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts

It seems like people are opening the wallet now rather than opting for the slow build;  the amount of capped gold or higher teams who have been playing for a week (beta players excluded) seems a lot higher than a week into the game for the last few years.  
    I think another factor is people are able to build their team quicker because of All-Star Levels carrying over, which gives a nice boost to get going.  Once you can start leveling players and winning games, it’s pretty easy to get to gold tier.