Extra Bases

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
What is the raionale behind this event being stupid hard?   The rewards are cannon fodder at this point, but 5 games totaling 100 points?
Prev1

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    It’s like everyone forgets how March and early April are in this game. It’s the same every year with a new team. It’ll get better as your team gets better
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    Yea same with woh, I do not put much effort into regular EB at this stage.    Either cash/coins it takes to sim or time it takes to manual play does not make sense in terms of  time/effort/rewards for me.
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    I just see how many points I can get in a few sims. Then I just go to the milestone level I can reasonably hit. I don’t even care about what place I finish. I just get to the reachable milestone and call it a day. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    What is the raionale behind this event being stupid hard?   The rewards are cannon fodder at this point, but 5 games totaling 100 points?
    I don't sim anything because cash is very important for me, but I basically do the same. With both videos and multiple rounds, the 100k tier has been solid for me.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    DFBB said:
    xracman said:
    I don't sim anything because cash is very important for me, but I basically do the same. With both videos and multiple rounds, the 100k tier has been solid for me.
    Divide this by 100 and that’s my tier so far. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I got the 100k tier by simming 2 rounds today but other days have been a little rough 
    2003cobra said:
    I got the 100k tier by simming 2 rounds today but other days have been a little rough 
    If you’re capped at your tier, cvc/Eb is fine. If not, you’ll be nerfed. The latter is why many teams initially get horrid scores when they jump tiers. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I just don’t get the point of why they make it so difficult in the beginning. It’s very frustrating. I just lost a Prime game with my ace pitcher against a team that I had a 5,000 team strength advantage over 12-1. I also used a video boost. It’s just not fun. Bonus games are a joke right now. I can barley win those. Tournaments are out of the question. I can only hit a couple of the lower tiers on Extra Bases. I just don’t get why they would make the playing experience a frustrating one for their users. It’s like I just have to wait it out a couple of months to really enjoy the game. At this rate, I won’t make it a couple of more months.
    If you are having a hard time winning games, it is because you have probably played too many for your tier. I’m not having any issues, and even had a 10-game prime win streak that I let expire (slow played the streak without using gold to hit the achievement). Used the POTW pitcher for half of them too

If you are having a hard time winning games, it is because you have probably played too many for your tier. I’m not having any issues, and even had a 10-game prime win streak that I let expire (slow played the streak without using gold to hit the achievement). Used the POTW pitcher for half of them too

I just want to add that I went diamond recently and there's a noticeable bump at around 2900 wins and again at 3400 wins. Those are rough numbers, but the one I'm currently at(3400ish) is brutal. 

But that’s my point. Why make it hard/frustrating for those who played too many games for their tier? They want people playing their game right? The logic just doesn’t make sense. Play our game, but if you play too many games, we’ll make it so hard that you’ll be frustrated. Huh? You should benefit from playing their game more, not get more frustrated so you play less. Again, I don’t understand the reasoning.
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you’re capped at your tier, cvc/Eb is fine. If not, you’ll be nerfed. The latter is why many teams initially get horrid scores when they jump tiers. 
    Bronze, capped Keepers 8/8 and 2 'Special Edition' box players got me EB scores of 0-0-70-0-0. Admittedly, I'm the dummy autoplaying EB, but that's pretty ridiculous. 
    fatDaddy said:
    DFBB said:
    Bronze, capped Keepers 8/8 and 2 'Special Edition' box players got me EB scores of 0-0-70-0-0. Admittedly, I'm the dummy autoplaying EB, but that's pretty ridiculous. 
    My bad. Bronze is just horrid for everything except gold battles. I did that last year and I simply can't do that again. I even took my holder to silver because it can contribute. 

But that’s my point. Why make it hard/frustrating for those who played too many games for their tier? They want people playing their game right? The logic just doesn’t make sense. Play our game, but if you play too many games, we’ll make it so hard that you’ll be frustrated. Huh? You should benefit from playing their game more, not get more frustrated so you play less. Again, I don’t understand the reasoning.
    They want people to play the game right, which in Glu’s terms is going diamond 
    Diamond? Been there done that and I’m not doing it again. Platinum is my happy medium.

They want people to play the game right, which in Glu’s terms is going diamond 
    Which will lead to more frustration when you figure out you have to spend money every week and/or play this game like it’s your job. 
    @baseball2020 I couldn’t agree more with your logic about wanting all of us to be engaged as much as possible but if we could win bgs at silver at the same rate as the higher tiers then people might not move up to the higher tiers. I stayed silver last year and quit playing bgs and tourneys due to the difficulty. In the long run it meant less time in the app, less time tapping and a lot less money spent . I considered it a blessing and will be staying silver again. 
    2003cobra said:
    @baseball2020 I couldn’t agree more with your logic about wanting all of us to be engaged as much as possible but if we could win bgs at silver at the same rate as the higher tiers then people might not move up to the higher tiers. I stayed silver last year and quit playing bgs and tourneys due to the difficulty. In the long run it meant less time in the app, less time tapping and a lot less money spent . I considered it a blessing and will be staying silver again. 
    Hmm? 🤔 Not a bad thought. Maybe I’ll do the same. We shall see.
    Going from diamond to silver was a huge lifestyle change for me. My next step is deleting the app and not going back in. But I don’t see that happening anytime soon 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    The game is extremely forward leaning to BGs, and then Tourneys (to provide BG tickets).  I find it difficult to understand why someone would continue playing at anything below diamond. There's better games out there. But yes, Glu wants you to be diamond. it comes with the requirement to buy FP twice a week, and compete in events. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Ive decided to make this a hobby to fill my downtime and not an addiction like it was in the past. Diamond life(to me) was like having another FT job where I had to pay to go to work. I’m sure that there are better games out there but this is my 8th year in TSB and it’s easier to keep playing a game that I’m familiar with. FWIW I have downloaded and tried other games-even baseball games but I haven’t found anything else that I like as much. Plus if I quit TSB then I would miss you guys. I would still check the forum to see what @2020KC was eating but that’s about it. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I get what you're saying. There's just not anymore relevant game modes for gold and below. It's all BGs
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
    Last year was definitely geared towards playing bgs so I didn’t have to worry about chasing bonus players and tapping on my phone. I was able to take those days off. I was able to get top tier rewards most other days by playing prime or woh. Not 1 time in 20 could I not fully level a player that I wanted to due to lack of resources like I struggled with in diamond.  I also got plenty of satisfaction by having a strong team for my tier and by beating diamond teams in target bash or cvc. Not necessarily by being able to outscore them but by using some different strategies. Being diamond was a very exciting time but I think that I found a happy medium at the silver level. I don’t feel that there’s a wrong way to play this games only right ways for each individual person. 
    2003cobra said:
    I don’t feel that there’s a wrong way to play this games only right ways for each individual person. 
    I agree 100%. Like Alex’s signature says, it’s about you having fun. 

I just got nervous. Started losing 2 of every 3 games, prime games included. 

Then I switched back to my normal lineup from my slugger lineup and everything is right with the world again. 
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    I get what you're saying. There's just not anymore relevant game modes for gold and below. It's all BGs
    Just the opposite for me, just like every year. Once capped at Silver 6, my BGs come to a screeching halt. No real NEED to grind. I can then concentrate on ALL other modes in a very relaxed way, while building a team that once again, will be strong. Solo club as well. I guess only our Silver brotherhood can understand and relate to this joy of being Silver.
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷
    edited March 2021
    2003cobra said:
    Last year was definitely geared towards playing bgs so I didn’t have to worry about chasing bonus players and tapping on my phone. I was able to take those days off. I was able to get top tier rewards most other days by playing prime or woh. Not 1 time in 20 could I not fully level a player that I wanted to due to lack of resources like I struggled with in diamond.  I also got plenty of satisfaction by having a strong team for my tier and by beating diamond teams in target bash or cvc. Not necessarily by being able to outscore them but by using some different strategies. Being diamond was a very exciting time but I think that I found a happy medium at the silver level. I don’t feel that there’s a wrong way to play this games only right ways for each individual person. 
    I just want to add that last year, I was doing gold battles 24/7 for 6-7+ weeks(bronze and silver). It was, hands down, the best tsb time I've ever had. I made a ridiculous amount of gold and met some cool people along the way. Fast forward to this year and now, battles count towards FR and the stadium. Whoa!!! I was thinking that I'm going to go nuts! Well, a funny thing happened. I realized that it wasn't nearly as fun anymore. Heck, it was kind of a chore....as a result, I went diamond less than a week after the official launch. 

The story above illustrates that your idea of fun will change over time and that's part of the gaming experience. Things that are amazing now will fade in time(hello WoH!) for one reason or another. This year, I've had a blast in a much different way. I love micro-managing and in fact, it's probably my favorite part about most games. 

TL;DR: Keep having fun!
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Just the opposite for me, just like every year. Once capped at Silver 6, my BGs come to a screeching halt. No real NEED to grind. I can then concentrate on ALL other modes in a very relaxed way, while building a team that once again, will be strong. Solo club as well. I guess only our Silver brotherhood can understand and relate to this joy of being Silver.
    Only reason I've touched tourneys/bgs so far is for the daily challenges. I've been losing most of them 🤣
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Preach it brother 😂
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Well I haven’t had fun yet.  So I’m doing what dfbb did last year.  😂
  • tshea510tshea510 Registered Users, Member 1,786 Posts
    tshea510 said:
    Only reason I've touched tourneys/bgs so far is for the daily challenges. I've been losing most of them 🤣
    I’ve yet to touch a tourney. No need for the distractions lol. Moving into Silver 6 tonight, level skills on keepers, then all will be well in my Silver world. Then, bring on Season mode 😎 
    Just a Silver team from the wrong side of the tracks, so what do I know? 🤷