A thought: permanent double gold

LondonBoyLondonBoy Registered Users, Member 47 Posts
For reasons I don't understand, I think I was stuck on permanent double gold for all of 2019 and 2020.  Normal videos were 10 and at double gold time, I was getting 20 gold per vid.  I assumed at first everyone was getting this, but on 2021, I am getting 5 per video.  

As a result, I am buying far fewer boxes and playing the game much less.  It used to be relatively little effort to amass enough gold to keep regularly buying boxes in every event.  At 10 per vid, it's OK, and at 20 per vid, you can accumulate a lot quickly.  Which boosted my engagement with the game a lot.  

I know this is the most boring time of the year for the game - all my players are rubbish, the rewards are rubbish and I know not a single player in my line up will be there in a few weeks.  But even so, I am just not playing as much.  And I think it's because if you don't have gold you can't get bonus players, and without bonus players there's no point in playing the game at all as you can't win any points.  Yes, I know that a few people spend a fortune buying gold, so overall the economics of the game must make sense that way, but I do wonder if letting us get more gold for fewer vids might help boost engagement in some quarters?

I know it'll never happen, but it's been an interesting experience for me.

Comments

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Ok but hear me out

Permanent double gold isn’t double gold anymore. It’s just gold. 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    When people fight for a higher minimum wage - and they get it - cost of living increases and brings the value of their higher income right back down. Then all of the Joe Blows that make $20 an hour are hurt because minimum wage was raised, but their wages weren't 🥴

Guys have been complaining about the value of gold dropping significantly the past year or so. This would just add to that. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Gold videos are now 20 per video!!

also, there is now a cap on videos down to 50 per day. 

@retirepujols has it right. More free gold per video, higher box costs. Or even worse, we see more players in the specials for real money. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    well im getting 2.5 per video which is odd.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • toddgurley30toddgurley30 Registered Users, Member 252 Posts
    Rubbish I tell you!
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Brexit....
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2021
    @LondonBoy I definitely agree with your sentiment and I wouldn't necessarily rule it out. The gold economy has already been butchered(there's a reason we have captcha, video limits, etc.), but I think gold distribution in other ways(prob not 15k-like) is more likely. 

edit: I totally agree with @retirepujols's real world example, but imo, it doesn't apply to tsb.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
    If Glu ever considers this, they only need to ask themselves one question to know which direction to head in. 

What would Joey Gallo do?
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    If Glu ever considers this, they only need to ask themselves one question to know which direction to head in. 

I think he would do what he always does, smack dingers
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Or walk, or strikeout.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    That’s almost what baseball is about now. Walk, strikeout or hit a homer. Not quite as exciting to watch as it used to be. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts

I think he would do what he always does, smack dingers
    i mean why hit singles when you can hit dingers
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    That’s almost what baseball is about now. Walk, strikeout or hit a homer. Not quite as exciting to watch as it used to be. 
    Agreed. Homer's are king, but there's no padding in between. I can barely be bothered to keep up with the regular season tbh 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    In high school, Joey Gallo threw a no-hitter and then took Greg Maddux's daughter to prom later that evening.

That's better than 97% of the Chuck Norris jokes I've heard tbh, and it happens to be a true story lol.