Options

WOH

eojeda2721eojeda2721 Registered Users, Member 5 Posts
Hey guys. I’m a noob to tap sports and was trying to play woh and found it very difficult to get past level 1 with an all silver team. When I finally made it to level two I struggled even more. It weird that my players that are 50 ratings higher than the pitchers are making weak contact and hitting dribblers and easy flyouts on fastballs right down the middle. My timing is spot on every time. Is there something I am missing here?

Comments

• Options
    JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Your player has to be at least double the rating of the pitcher, in my experience.

Also you will need a hand-captured live mongoose, one vile of water from top of fuji mountain, a moon rock, 7 drops of african ostrich semen, then draw a square circle heiroglyph on the back of a double-sided mirror with the blood of a virgin peruvian fruit bat while licking your own elbows.

That's 5.9, not sure about 5.10, haven't gotten there just yet.
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    Your player has to be at least double the rating of the pitcher, in my experience.

Also you will need a hand-captured live mongoose, one vile of water from top of fuji mountain, a moon rock, 7 drops of african ostrich semen, then draw a square circle heiroglyph on the back of a double-sided mirror with the blood of a virgin peruvian fruit bat while licking your own elbows.

5.10 requires the Pedro Cerrano. You have to sacrifice a live chicken. 
  • Options
    retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

I see our brother Jedd has copy pasted the official guidelines from the Tap handbook. I'll let you in on a secret that they don't want you to know 🤫 if you don't play walk off, then there's no walk off to disappoint you 🤯 also, contrary to popular belief, you don't lose anything! In fact, you actually save a great deal of time and stress 🤷 don't go sharing the secret with everyone 😶
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Options
    jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Ive heard 21 pounds of meth might do it as well
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:

Ive heard 21 pounds of meth might do it as well
    Sorry, that method required the $99.99 field pass, which I can’t afford.  Chicken is cheap
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    @eojeda2721 you’re not the only one that struggled. Keep working on your hitting upgrades is my best advice. I had players with 4 times the ratings struggle or not get past certain levels yesterday. Pujols and I kinda share the same philosophy so I put the phone down and moved on to something else. 
  • Options
    MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Hey guys. I’m a noob to tap sports and was trying to play woh and found it very difficult to get past level 1 with an all silver team. When I finally made it to level two I struggled even more. It weird that my players that are 50 ratings higher than the pitchers are making weak contact and hitting dribblers and easy flyouts on fastballs right down the middle. My timing is spot on every time. Is there something I am missing here?
    Woh is very difficult the first month or two.   Once better players drop and/if you choose to move up tiers, it will get easier because the gap between the hitters and pitchers ratings grow.   Everyone plays the game different, but I would recommend not stressing about the WOH results early on.    Personally I use it more as a tool to gain resources then trying to clear it early on.
  • Options
    More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    Woh is very difficult the first month or two.   Once better players drop and/if you choose to up tiers, it will get easier because the gap between the hitters and pitchers ratings grow.   Everyone plays the game different, but I would recommend not stressing about the WOH results early on.    Personally I use it more as a tool to gain resources then trying to clear it early on.
    That’s why I didn’t mind losing many, many times on level 4...got some nice cash and xp from replaying it over and over, lol.
  • Options
    TP4MyBuntHoleTP4MyBuntHole Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Hey brother! Like others have said try not to stress over the difficulty of WOH right now.. You’ll get it!..  In my experience it’s very difficult until the prime players come out and all of your hitting upgrades are maxed. When I moved up to the gold level it got easier.. Also it’s very important to use righty batters vs lefty pitchers and vise versa.. So take a deep breath and try to realize that even if you’re my not complete every level yet you are still earning rewards that will increase your clubs skills! Good luck buddy!! 
  • Options
    TP4MyBuntHoleTP4MyBuntHole Registered Users, Member 17 Posts
    Also try to go opposite field as much as possible (so swing late). And take a pitch every now and again. Lay of the curves as well. 
  • Options
    bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Silver tier sucks right now for trying to beat WOH. Last week I was Silver tier, all capped player, capped keepers, maxed hitting coach...etc. And I couldn't get out of round 4. 
    This weekend I moved up to gold. All players and keepers capped. Have cycled 15 times so far. That said - even at gold - it's been a bit of a struggle at times. But - total night and day from struggling at silver.
  • Options
    DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    It sounds like you don't have keepers and if that's the case, WoH will be very difficult regardless of the tier you're in. Assuming that's the case, prioritize your created legend. He'll be, by far, your best bat for a good while. I would 'farm' level 1(beat rounds 1-6, lose at 1.7(or restart), rinse and repeat) until you get enough xp(from draft picks) to cap your created legend and useful players that you'll come across. 
    The overall ratings are very misleading so try not to let it add to your frustration. Upgrades are very important and 'hitting coach,' in particular, should be prioritized. 
    Anyways, if you show us your team, we may be able to be more specific about things you could do to get better results. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.