1st Pitch Skill

xracmanxracman Registered Users, Member 666 Posts
edited March 2021 in General TSB Discussion
Added this for ML as his second skill and now it works as designed, only active on first pitch of the AB, even in WoH.

Glad I didn’t bring Davey with me to 2021

Comments

• dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Best skill in the game, hands down. Crushes every mode for me but cvc and EB.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I think a bunch of guys have mentioned that the light works as intended now, but it feels like it still works beyond the first pitch. Something like that, who knows anymore. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    xracman said:
    Added this for ML as his second skill and now it works as designed, only active on first pitch of the AB, even in WoH.

Glad I didn’t bring Davey with me to 2021
    I just wanted to add that what you're describing has been true since I believe, the 2nd update in '20. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    I think a bunch of guys have mentioned that the light works as intended now, but it feels like it still works beyond the first pitch. Something like that, who knows anymore. 
    I could say the exact thing about hot hitter, but exactly the opposite. 

Hot hitter isn’t lit to start, but after the first hit it lights up. I notice 0 difference after the first hit. Being lit didn’t mean it affected the round. 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Chalk it up as a display issue.  
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I could say the exact thing about hot hitter, but exactly the opposite. 

Hot hitter isn’t lit to start, but after the first hit it lights up. I notice 0 difference after the first hit. Being lit didn’t mean it affected the round. 
    In regards to HH, I've noticed the same issue you're describing this season. Last season my entire roster all had HH for at least 1 skill. breezed through woh easily.  Its possible that the pitchers throw such weak pitches, that it's hard to really see any difference at this point. Probably more noticeable at diamond 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    I’m definitely glad I brought Davey...on both of my teams:

• samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    The first pitch theory is that the entire pitch sequence for each AB and for a round of WOH are determined by what is in place at the very beginning. So having something on to start the AB or round will generate the favorable sequence if you are going to get one at all. Based on what players here are reporting that certainly seems to be the case.
    samtheman said:
    The first pitch theory is that the entire pitch sequence for each AB and for a round of WOH are determined by what is in place at the very beginning. So having something on to start the AB or round will generate the favorable sequence if you are going to get one at all. Based on what players here are reporting that certainly seems to be the case.
    It's based on the pitch sequence being determined prior to each at bat. If it was based on the whole round(of woh), then HH would be hot garbage for WoH. I really do encourage guys to try things for themselves. If you take someone's word for things and it doesn't work out, it's your fault. 
  • JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    I've had moderate success with skills like blowout/hot hitter/1st pitch, and not a believer in any of them as being elite for WOH. The only ones that I'm able to have any degree of confidence in are late innings and vsLHP/RHP.

Bench is my worst performing keeper by far in bg/tourney/prime/etc (I took 3 hitters: Bench, Chipper, Morgan) and he did not do real well vs Snell over the weekend. Probably somewhere around 50% conversion rate. Chipper seemed to do just as well, and he has zero skills lit to begin the round.

Who freakin' knows.

• BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    JEDDDOGGY said:
    I've had moderate success with skills like blowout/hot hitter/1st pitch, and not a believer in any of them as being elite for WOH. The only ones that I'm able to have any degree of confidence in are late innings and vsLHP/RHP.

Bench is my worst performing keeper by far in bg/tourney/prime/etc (I took 3 hitters: Bench, Chipper, Morgan) and he did not do real well vs Snell over the weekend. Probably somewhere around 50% conversion rate. Chipper seemed to do just as well, and he has zero skills lit to begin the round.

Who freakin' knows.

I’ve been a big believer in the runners on base skill for WOH since my favorite player ever in 2019, 520 Eddie Matthews. For some reason it seems to work as the skill is designed to
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Went 7-8 over the weekend vs Snell with Davey and cleared 5-8 1-1 today with him (silver, 8/20).  First pitch is legit for WOH as far as I can see and not bad in other modes as well where his stats are just a hair off ATG chipper keeper with same skill levels.  
    edited March 2021
    Went 7-8 over the weekend vs Snell with Davey and cleared 5-8 1-1 today with him (silver, 8/20).  First pitch is legit for WOH as far as I can see and not bad in other modes as well where his stats are just a hair off ATG chipper keeper with same skill levels.  
    In time, he'll have better stats than Chipper. Right now, it's heavily skewed(more so than normal) in favor of lefty bats. 
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    I’m trying to decide between First Pitch and Late Innings as a second skill for My Legend. Where else does First Pitch turn on other than WOH? 
  • fatDaddyfatDaddy Registered Users, Member 318 Posts
    everywhere except cvc/eb
    fatDaddy said:
    everywhere except cvc/eb
    Isn’t that the same with late innings? 
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    fatDaddy said:
    everywhere except cvc/eb
    Isn’t that the same with late innings? 
    Yes. Of course late innings is only available from the 7th inning on, and first pitch is available all game.
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
    Didn’t realize that. First pitch it is. Thanks!
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I’ve been a big believer in the runners on base skill for WOH since my favorite player ever in 2019, 520 Eddie Matthews. For some reason it seems to work as the skill is designed to
    Eddie was a BEAST!! 
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    Yeah that Eddie Matthews was the best value player/overachiever in 2019.....his usefulness spanned months