Purchase TRAPS built-in the game

clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
I recently was scrolling through the pages of the game and accidentally bought 10 pack of franchise player coins for 1k gold.  Obviously a mistake because NO ONE knowingly spends 1k gold for franchise coins.  Anyway, I contacted Customer Service and was told to be more careful and to go away since there was nothing they could (or would) do about it.  I told them that if this went unresolved I would share the incident publicly;  so here we are. 

Read the attached and be thoroughly disgusted with their (GLU’s) business practices.  

Here are comments from the 15k gift debacle thread that are germaine:

Here is my interaction:

It’s been days waiting on a follow up reply, so I share this with all of you.  

Comments

• 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    Welcome to glu...if you had spent actual money you can go through apple and get your refund or play store..but you might as well apply lube. as you appear to just be dealing with the same shitty customer service we have all experienced.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    Good luck buddy, but obviously they're not giving your gold back. A couple years ago my cat stepped on my phone as I set it down to answer the door. Apparently one of his toe beans tapped the right spot on the screen because when I came back I saw that I had purchased the 5 #1 draft picks for 1500 gold (I would never do that intentionally). I didn't open any picks, but instead immediately contacted CS. They told me to get lost. I agree that there should be a built in 2nd step to confirm a purchase, and believe that has been discussed at length in years past. But, GLU is gonna be GLU, and we're always going to come out on the losing side of it. I hope they do something for you "as a one time courtesy" but don't hold your breath.
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I had a vip account banned for a similar situation years ago. It's not worth the fight
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I first started playing tsb In '17. I watched videos like a mad man(shocking, I know). Anyways, I accidentally bought a franchise coin for 300g. I didn't even think to message CS at the time(maybe a blessing), but man, it was painful. I have vivid memories of exactly how it happened. I was so mad at myself. Like, I was legit angry with myself. I was tired and blamed myself for trying to be 'cute.' I should've known better than to scroll through the options when I wasn't fully awake. I should've just stayed in my lane and stuck with videos. 

Anyways, @op's story is unfortunate. In most cases, it's been my experience that CS does give you a 'one time courtesy' on these sort of things. Whether it should be expected beyond that is a different topic. As far as a 'confirm' option to buy anything, that was discussed at the 2019 VIP council and most actually were against it because it would slow everything down.
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    My worst purchase was accidentally buying another franchise player slot. I chalked it up to being an idiot and moved on. Now I don’t even look in there 
    edited March 2021
    2003cobra said:
    My worst purchase was accidentally buying another franchise player slot. I chalked it up to being an idiot and moved on. Now I don’t even look in there 
    I used my 2019 'one time courtesy' on that one. LOL
  • Wicked0WildcatsWicked0Wildcats Registered Users, Member 1,040 Posts
    I must be the only dummy who buys an extra franchise coin slot for 1K intentionally early in the year. I find that doubling up on franchise coin studs for tough playoff series games and tough season mode finals proves to be quite useful. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    i actually buy 2 slots every year when I go bronze because they help me with season mode early on. Wasnt needed this year however.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
    I must be the only dummy who buys an extra franchise coin slot for 1K intentionally early in the year. I find that doubling up on franchise coin studs for tough playoff series games and tough season mode finals proves to be quite useful. 
    I actually did this as I was moving up towards diamond. The prime Soto is muy caliente!
  • jmsorioles33jmsorioles33 Registered Users, Member 392 Posts
    the worst was in 18' when leveling guys in diamond cost gold. I'll never forget leveling "Goliath" Giancarlo Stanton, not once but TWICE by accident because they use to put quick level buttons for random guys on your home screen scroller. 

To this day, Giancarlo Stanton continues to be dead to me. 
    the worst was in 18' when leveling guys in diamond cost gold. I'll never forget leveling "Goliath" Giancarlo Stanton, not once but TWICE by accident because they use to put quick level buttons for random guys on your home screen scroller. 

To this day, Giancarlo Stanton continues to be dead to me. 
    It's okay buddy. As a good friend always reminds me, 'gold is free. God bless America!'
    I wouldn’t call it dumb especially if it’s done on purpose. I usually make the Astros my team since they’ve given me the most trouble in the past. That way I don’t have to face them in season games. 
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    The traps in this game are a disgrace and should see them booted out of the store until they put in a fix. I have found a way to cut down on the number of occurrences though. It’s called ‘Rarely opening the game’. I suspect I’ll have eliminated all chance of it soon. 
  • clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    So they came through but I had to fight for every penny.

I should be more careful.       Hah

• CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    LMAO - supervisor...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • BigBibbins333BigBibbins333 Registered Users, Member 243 Posts
    2 stars? You're a better man than I.
  • baseball2020baseball2020 Registered Users, Member 511 Posts
    Good luck buddy, but obviously they're not giving your gold back. A couple years ago my cat stepped on my phone as I set it down to answer the door. Apparently one of his toe beans tapped the right spot on the screen because when I came back I saw that I had purchased the 5 #1 draft picks for 1500 gold (I would never do that intentionally). I didn't open any picks, but instead immediately contacted CS. They told me to get lost. I agree that there should be a built in 2nd step to confirm a purchase, and believe that has been discussed at length in years past. But, GLU is gonna be GLU, and we're always going to come out on the losing side of it. I hope they do something for you "as a one time courtesy" but don't hold your breath.
    “Toe beans”
    🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂
    I’ve never heard that before. Funny story!
    I got a notification, while I was playing WoH, that it was time for my season mode. I finished the round and clicked on the season mode tab. I didn't think twice and clicked on what I thought would be 'play.' Nope. It was '150 gold.' Apparently(I knew this and just forgot), the notification for season mode comes about a minute before it's actually available for free. Yeah, super super annoying. 
  • BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    Showing a little of my TSB age here, but when trading in sluggers they did ask “are you sure you want to trade in “player X””. That should be the case for pretty much all gold purchases. I accidentally bought a 300 gold improve box instead of opening my daily rally ticket because the bus I was on hit a bump. I would never intentionally spend 300 for 3 evo. 

Confirming the purchases, while maybe annoying at first to some players when binge buying, would greatly benefit the playing community. 
    Showing a little of my TSB age here, but when trading in sluggers they did ask “are you sure you want to trade in “player X””. That should be the case for pretty much all gold purchases. I accidentally bought a 300 gold improve box instead of opening my daily rally ticket because the bus I was on hit a bump. I would never intentionally spend 300 for 3 evo. 

Confirming the purchases, while maybe annoying at first to some players when binge buying, would greatly benefit the playing community. 
    Or at the very least, we should have the option to turn turn a 'confirm' button on/off. 
    DFBB said:
    I got a notification, while I was playing WoH, that it was time for my season mode. I finished the round and clicked on the season mode tab. I didn't think twice and clicked on what I thought would be 'play.' Nope. It was '150 gold.' Apparently(I knew this and just forgot), the notification for season mode comes about a minute before it's actually available for free. Yeah, super super annoying. 
    I feel that they need to prorate the season mode cost. It’s fine for it to be 150 to start but as time gets closer for your new season the cost should go down. Alex, you’re not the only one to do that as I can speak from experience. 
  • TyroneEastwoodTyroneEastwood Registered Users, Member 424 Posts
    Lol they don't care. Two years in a row I bought all the franchise player slots by accident. 
  • 2020KC2020KC Registered Users, Member 711 Posts
    I had to fight hard for a sticker yesterday...I won.
    you can't spell deteriorate without detroit
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
    This has got me a few times, mainly last year and it doesn’t stop being annoying lol
  • bigmeatpetebigmeatpete Registered Users, Member 48 Posts
    I did this last year with one of the energy drink franchise players. I figured I had a bunch of energy drinks saved up because I never use them so thought I'd mash the button a bunch of times to build up the number of games. Turns out when you don't have energy drinks anymore that player costs 750 gold instead of 25 energy drinks or whatever it was. I actually pressed it twice and spent 1500 gold for 10 games of a crap player. Got the middle finger from CS. It was my fault for not being careful but at the same time its a blatant trap because nobody would actually buy that player for gold. 
  • digdug2626digdug2626 Registered Users, Member 23 Posts
    I did the same thing