Strategy to limit losing at diamond

jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
I know this won’t apply to every and in no way does it stop you from losing completely but here is what I think works. 

1. Invest in offense. It seems like almost all pitchers at diamond regardless of rank are getting smoked. I had diamond capped snell and syndergaard over the weekend and they had 5+ ERAs for most of the weekend. The best way to overcome that is to score a lot of runs.
2. Have 2-3 good capped relievers. If you brought over a keeper RP even better. Once I capped Regular Hendricks and keeper Goose, because they are both long relievers I was getting 3-4 innings out of them. Which limits the innings for your SP who will get tired in the 6-7 inning and likely get crushed even worse.  So the relievers will limit how much your SO pitches which right now is huge for winning.
3. Need to have diamond level starting pitchers, not necessarily capped though and pitching upgrades seem to matter. I noticed obviously as I spent on those in combination with 1 and 2 my pitchers ERA got better. 

Maybe I’m wrong but I spent all weekend without this and was getting crushed. Maybe winning 5 of every 10 BG/tourney game. After I did this. I easily was winning 8-9 of 10. Nothing will be perfect right now but what I found worked. Spend some time in woh to get BXP and focus on those things I think it works for now. I cycled an embarrassing amount of times to get the BXP to do this. I’m sure it will all not matter as we move to better bxp, prime and legend players eventually but right now it has helped me win and push more for playoff cycles. 

Comments

• 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Another tip is to lower your team strength by putting scrubs in as subs and your first 3-4 relievers 
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    Another tip is to lower your team strength by putting scrubs in as subs and your first 3-4 relievers 
    For whatever this is worth I didn’t test this but I’m playing the same teams I was at a 105k diamond team I was at 119k, I’m just winning more now because my starter only goes 6 IP and my bullpen mostly shuts down the rest. I also score more runs. I would much prefer keeping 3 diamond relievers in than trying to win with 4 bronze relievers 
  • samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Nerf your bench and the relievers that are only going to pitch when you are going to lose anyway. If you are using my legend put a one star at that position to knock your team strength down further. Haven’t really paid attention in 21 yet but in the past ML has not affected team strength.
  • OrangepaceOrangepace Registered Users, Member 1 Posts
    Quick question... I’m a noob. How are the RP roles used?  I understand when the closer will check in, but currently don’t get enough usage out of the other RP positions (LR, RP1, SU) to know when the auto play will utilize them. Any help will be greatly appreciated.