Diamond

MulderkenMulderken Registered Users, Member 173 Posts
Debating on going diamond.  If majority of my team is low level diamond will I be competitive? Tired of loosing bg an tournaments with my capped platinum team

Comments

• sugarshortssugarshorts Registered Users, Member 74 Posts
    edited March 2021
    D
  • More2Most2FirstMore2Most2First Registered Users, Member 777 Posts
    edited March 2021
    At the beginning of the app life, every tier is basically the same.  You do fine at first and slowly you get worse matchups.  This is somewhat negated at Diamond, but even at Diamond you’ll still get bad matchups...just WAY less often than the other tiers.  Eventually, the matchups become mostly winnable at Gold and Platinum, if your team is at/near top of curve.  That happens much sooner at Diamond and eventually you don’t need to be at/near top of curve to win most matchups.

That’s my experience anyway.  Right now I’m at Gold tier (not Gold VI), with a TS over 70k and I still lose BGs/Tourneys here and there.  I’m prepared for when I start losing a bunch, once I’ve been sitting at the playoffs to go Platinum.  It’s just how the game works...as dumb and rigged as we may all think it is. 🤷‍♂️
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    edited March 2021
    Mulderken said:
    Debating on going diamond.  If majority of my team is low level diamond will I be competitive? Tired of loosing bg an tournaments with my capped platinum team
    Diamond right now(3400+ wins) is extremely tough. You'll be a 'new' diamond team and facing guys that have been sitting in diamond(beta) for awhile. The pool of teams is very limited at the moment. I face a few plat teams, but it's mostly diamond teams. In a couple of months, give or take, I'll be facing mainly gold teams and it'll be much easier. Unless you're loaded at every position(and upgrades), simply being diamond isn't enough to plow through. I'm rather meticulous and even then, it hasn't been sunshine and rainbows. Instead of pouting, I simply stopped playing games and focused exclusively on ways to generate xp/cash. 

Just to be clear, diamond today is much, much different than what it will be in a month or two. If you want to go diamond, make sure you can afford both the time and money.  

TL;DR: Adjust expectations. If you want to win now, it's not free. 

If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,855 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you want to go diamond, make sure you can afford both the time and money.  

I can't see enough of this message. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    DFBB said:
    If you want to go diamond, make sure you can afford both the time and money.  

I can't see enough of this message. 
    He's telling you to open up your purse and go diamond. Run, dont walk...
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    Don’t do it pujols. Stay away from the ledge 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    I must be at bronze or silver