Observations?

2Next

Comments

• retirepujolsretirepujols Registered Users, Member 4,856 Posts
    I just checked my stats and I spend an average of 42 minutes on the game a day. I would like to say a lot of that time is spent simply fiddling around in the app, and even a good portion is probably spent staring at the TV with the app open. 

I just went gold last night, so maybe my time will go up some, but so far it's been pretty easy not worrying about playing a whole lot. I used to spend much of my day in app and now I just use it as a time filler here and there.

For this style of play, diamond would be a hindrance. I haven't purchased a single box yet, I only open free ones. I'll put in a few entries of whatever event each day, but my main focus is earning pennants from season mode. 🤷
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I just checked my stats and I spend an average of 42 minutes on the game a day. I would like to say a lot of that time is spent simply fiddling around in the app, and even a good portion is probably spent staring at the TV with the app open. 

Right! If you don't do videos/battles, I think this is most people. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    DFBB said:
     Maybe I need to look at it through a more casual lens, but unless you're diamond, there's little to no incentive to be on the app beyond videos/gift collection. IMO, this is an issue that needs to be addressed because....

The diamond life isn't for everyone. And this early into the game, it's no picnic either. 

I have been diamond most of the last two years.   So I would be kidding myself if thought I could have fun playing at lower tiers.   I guess the term "fun" can vary but I just mean for me in that aspect.    Regardless I dont necessarily feel like putting in the commitment for diamond right now, I am not in a club anyway.   Also like you said there really isnt much to do at lower tiers, outside of watching videos and home run battles.   As a result my time on the app hasn't been much since 21 dropped.   
  • sullipa8sullipa8 Registered Users, Member 564 Posts
    edited March 2021
    I’m definitely spending less time on the game than I did in years past. I know it’s always difficult at first, but it seems they ramped up the difficulty faster this year than in years past. There is definitely a lot less incentive to play the game right now. 
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    it seems like more of a struggle for me than in prior years but maybe it’s my motivation to start another season. It’s always worse at the beginning of each new season so I’m sure that I’ll get over it but between staying silver last year and this year my screen time has reduced tremendously. 
  • MattattackMattattack Registered Users 1,971 Posts
    2003cobra said:
    it seems like more of a struggle for me than in prior years but maybe it’s my motivation to start another season. It’s always worse at the beginning of each new season so I’m sure that I’ll get over it but between staying silver last year and this year my screen time has reduced tremendously. 
    Was thinking about this too.   Why is it different this year?   It could just be 2.5-3 years of playing alot finally catching up with me.
    2003cobra said:
    Was thinking about this too.   Why is it different this year?   It could just be 2.5-3 years of playing alot finally catching up with me.
    I think that's a big factor. Nobody plays forever and the bar inherently gets raised(to keep our attn span) every year. On top of that, All star rewards immediately paying out meant that many guys hit the ground flying, which makes it tougher for everyone else. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    Right now I'm B10 with no players leveled yet, heck I haven't even brought over my keepers or made ML. I'm just currently piddling around in the game doing videos, playing season games and in a pretty chillax club collecting whatever rewards we earn🤷. I suppose at some point I'll bring over my keepers. There has been really no motivation to do so. I see leveling players is pretty much a waste, so why not wait for primes to start digging in. Will definitely eventually live my silver life.
    Right now I'm B10 with no players leveled yet, heck I haven't even brought over my keepers or made ML. I'm just currently piddling around in the game doing videos, playing season games and in a pretty chillax club collecting whatever rewards we earn🤷. I suppose at some point I'll bring over my keepers. There has been really no motivation to do so. I see leveling players is pretty much a waste, so why not wait for primes to start digging in. Will definitely eventually live my silver life.
    The value of keepers will never be higher than now. That decreases ever so slightly just about every day. You don't need them, but there's very little reason to wait unless you don't have any good options in 2020 and are just cycling d6 constantly to chase better choices. 
    "It's amazing how much work you can put in without gangly-ass legs in the way" - Sir Tdub71
  • Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I just can’t be bothered. I’m 8th in my club for scoring in 21 and I’m a few places above the club leader. That should see me ok for a while. Leaving the club and collecting the log-ins until till the primes come out remains an option. 

The most adverts I’ve played is around 30 and today it is none. It’s BG day but I don’t have many BGs available to me. Half an hour max in the game today.  
  • Cooz19Cooz19 Registered Users 1,256 Posts
    I worked hard yesterday with a very early team just trying to map out warm-up WOH. Took a bit but I got through round 1, and halfway through round 2. Probably wouldn't have been able to beat round 2, but who knows? I didn't have the time to really dig into it. It seems spending in terms of cash as well as time is a necessity to get anywhere. 

I do like the Rally concept, and the game seems to have put a good amount of effort into making more playable at all hours. That makes it as least entertaining on a transactional level (I just lost my seventh consecutive bonus game, hoping to win one so I can factor into club scoring). Like @retirepujols said, I'm not investing the time, and a low time investment will hold you back tremendously, at least so far. 
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    The value of keepers will never be higher than now. That decreases ever so slightly just about every day. You don't need them, but there's very little reason to wait unless you don't have any good options in 2020 and are just cycling d6 constantly to chase better choices. 
    No you are right, it's just motivation on my part. I'm just struggling to stay with the game. I'm slammed at work, it's getting warmer and there a better things to do with spare time like spending it with my family. I have options Davey and ATG Cal or Bench or Cobb or Jones.... I'm just not really caring anymore 😂
    Cooz19 said:

I do like the Rally concept, and the game seems to have put a good amount of effort into making more playable at all hours. 
    It's a fantastic add. I have a club where I'm saving up rally tickets and another where I play warm up(rally edition) just for resources. WoH on demand! 
    No you are right, it's just motivation on my part. I'm just struggling to stay with the game. I'm slammed at work, it's getting warmer and there a better things to do with spare time like spending it with my family. I have options Davey and ATG Cal or Bench or Cobb or Jones.... I'm just not really caring anymore 😂
    Yay! Now that's some good stuff 👍 
  • CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    Yeah, I'm with you on that one. Weather is nice now, work is busy, and have a summer full of things to do with the kids. I deleted 2 of my main teams, and wont touch them till end of summer. Game is just really stale at the moment. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"