Are we really doing 300max BXP guys as ATGs?

dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned this. I think so far 21 has the kept the box odds at a relatively decent range on drop rates. But are you really going to be adding Foils at ATG odds to have the suckers spending .5% odds to complete top sets. I mean congrats if you are cause it works but give me a break. The 2 trouts have identical stats and same ratings, other then a shit 2nd skill that was added there is no reason that this player should be 5/1000 to chase/pull. Your greed is starting to show again and its not a good look so early on. 5-7% have seems to be OK for the most part, not breaking the bank trying to pull players.  Re-think your approach fellas. There is no need for this, you told everyone last year that you would keep the box odds at a higher rate, but just like every year... You are reverting to old ways and then in few months you will tell you "Hey, drop rates have increased". Keep your promises from the year before.

"Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
– The Great Houmy

Comments

• JEDDDOGGYJEDDDOGGY Registered Users, Member 2,460 Posts
    Its atrocious, man.
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    when the odds are 50/1000. I think on average you should pull a player in about 5k gold. Someone can correct me on that if im mistaken. @SandlotGuru @DFBB. I think that's an acceptable rate for most. When you start dropping ATG rates on 300bxp max players and have them in top sets, your out of your F9K1N minds.  Nothing but horror story this weekend of people spending stupid amounts of money and gold for this trash player. (yes we understand hes shit). But anyone that knows, once you get suckered down the rabbit hole chasing, its hard to get out.
    – The Great Houmy
  • bobdylan_fanbobdylan_fan Registered Users, Member 303 Posts
    However - if you like Roman Quinn or Sal Romano - this is your weekend!
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    They did this last year. Foil bxp guys I think we’re 1% last year but bonus was only for that event. Now they are .5% but are bonus for a week. We all knew this was coming. The getting all the players for a reasonable amount was never going to hold up. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    I will say that at those odds, he should’ve had a higher max and/or better skills. The one week bonus is nice, but he’s not an atg. 

FYI: at 5%, 14 boxes gives you about 50% and 45 boxes gets you about a 90% chance. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • jalapenocubbiesjalapenocubbies Registered Users, Member 1,057 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    when the odds are 50/1000. I think on average you should pull a player in about 5k gold. Someone can correct me on that if im mistaken. @SandlotGuru @DFBB. I think that's an acceptable rate for most. When you start dropping ATG rates on 300bxp max players and have them in top sets, your out of your F9K1N minds.  Nothing but horror story this weekend of people spending stupid amounts of money and gold for this trash player. (yes we understand hes shit). But anyone that knows, once you get suckered down the rabbit hole chasing, its hard to get out.
    Maybe we are finally just accepting the fact they will do this? I tried to fight hard at VIP council for increased odds and better guarantee when opening boxes but based on the looks of how 20 went after VIP council and how 21 is rolling out that isn’t happening. 
  • DFBBDFBB Registered Users, Moderators, Member, Moderator 6,602 Posts
    Oh to be clear, I also don’t think anyone should be 2/1000 or 5/1000 at any stage of the game. It’s just not fun to whiff and obv, that’s putting it mildly. 
    If you're not having fun, you're losing.
  • ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    DFBB said:
    I will say that at those odds, he should’ve had a higher max and/or better skills. The one week bonus is nice, but he’s not an atg. 

FYI: at 5%, 14 boxes gives you about 50% and 45 boxes gets you about a 90% chance. 
    With those skills definitely not worth the chase but if he had at least a decent skill set and a position that's not an outfielder with being a week long bonus player possibly worth the chase. Would definitely like to see a better overall but it is what it is🤷
  • 2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,720 Posts
    If people continue to spend “stupid amounts of money” on chasing these players then they are the ones that we should be mad at and not Glu. If nobody chased these players then Glu would be forced  rethink their strategy. The more that people spend the worse it will get. 
  • dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    Everyone plays the game a different way. The problem is always with GLU, just like last week with the 15k gold gift. Sure it was mistake, but how many times have users made mistakes and were told to eat shi1 from CS cause we dont do refunds or reversals. But when they do it, its fine.  They have no ethical standards.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Itsouttahere2Itsouttahere2 Registered Users, Member 697 Posts
    Well said @dkarski87
  • mythicaldragonmythicaldragon Registered Users, Member 2,418 Posts
    edited April 2021
    I like the the one week bonus which I hope they continue but those odds are criminal. What’s different than any other year same shitty odds.  I did manage to pull him from a free box