Options

Read Now! Are you losing games you shouldn’t?

ballslappers84ballslappers84 Registered Users, Member 15 Posts
Glu is messing with your team strengths. That why everyone is losing so much. If you start a losing streak and your team strength is well above your opponent. 

Go and start a manual game with a lower team strength in your club or it can be a team you just lost to that you shouldn’t have. 

More than likely your team strength will be on your opponents and you will have the lower TS. It doesn’t happen all the time but it’s a way for them to burn your resources so you pay more. 

Your regular bonus games that you auto play will not show the mismatch. They have it mirrored so you are not able to see it. They must not have thought about manual games but it’s happening.

Comments

• Options
    Here is an example of a team i lost to first picture is a regular bonus game I lost . I searched manually for that team and replayed and you will see the TS swap.il
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    Did somebody say rigged matchups?
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    Your team strength will vary with your actual starting pitcher for each game.
  • Options
    DirectFXDirectFX Registered Users 110 Posts
    The fix is in ... 
  • Options
    Sam the man Look at the my team strength on second picture and then look at the opponents team strength on the first pic
  • Options
    These two pics are not even a minute apart 
  • Options
    BigpredfanBigpredfan Registered Users 3,306 Posts
    For those who don’t know, this isn’t new to 2021. It’s been this way at least since 2018, which is when I realized the graphic doesn’t seem to include team upgrades. 
  • Options
    dkarski87dkarski87 Registered Users, Member 3,040 Posts
    I can tell you right off the bat, your facing a PLAT team. Even though most of his players are probably GOLD. If he has a plat pitcher and even a few plat hitters, you have no chance of beating him with a mediocre gold team. TS doesn't mean anything. I can drop my TS down to 40k and still have all diamond line up.
    "Oops we need to restart! Yeap that's 2019 for ya!"
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    The why are the team strengths swapped around ?
  • Options
    Sp match up.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    ?

dkarski87 said:
    Sp match up.

• Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    SP= starting pitcher. You have 5 that get rotated in. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    HurtLockerHurtLocker Registered Users, Member 18 Posts
    So can this also be explained as, when you play BGs/Tourneys/Prime games you are playing against a “previous” version of that team, and when you start a manual game you are getting the most up to date version? 

Seems as though few games I have played a team then searched for the team after they are much stronger then they were in the BG (incl. capped players in their profile that weren’t in the lineup for them when I played them).
    💣🍻🤘
  • Options
    I dont think so. I think its up to date, because we have guys, (my self included)... When im not on the phone or unable to play, i swap out my roster for weaker players for people who might play me in tourneys or bgs, many ppl do the same. Been told its accurate
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    samthemansamtheman Registered Users, Member 686 Posts
    edited April 2021
    Let’s try this again. Pic 1 is 165 rated Alcantara starting. TS 62k. Pic 2 is 131 Bieber. TS 53k. Pic 3 is 175 rated Scherzer. TS 74k. This is straightforward. Your opponent’s TS will change for same reason.
    And as DKarski has pointed out these ratings have little to do with whether you are going to win the game anyway.
  • Options
    JCAM80JCAM80 Registered Users, Member 606 Posts
    The point is those numbers should have a LOT to do with who wins the game. Team strength is the combination of your players overall maxes, how high you actually level them, their skills, their x-factors, your team upgrades, etc... if you have those factors 30k-40k higher than your opponent, you should win a great deal. Just because some bozo went Platinum with a 53k team strength doesn't mean they should beat a Gold team near 100k. That's the frustration. You're basically rewarding the team that has no clue how to play the game and did everything wrong..  in theory. Of course, to each their own. If they did that with the sheer purpose of knowing Glu would let them coast over teams that have them statistically dominated, good strategy.. But I think the majority of it is poor decision making. No different than those that whine that their capped team can't beat WOH. Then you see they don't know what capped means, they went to gold level & only have players at S10... not so much this early in the year as WOH is just dreadful.. but you get the point.
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    @JCAM80 you hit the nail on the head-at least from my perspective. I know that staying silver isn’t always the popular choice amongst the tap community but that’s what I choose to do. I don’t mind losing games to teams to with a higher TS but it was nothing for me to have a TS of over 50-100k higher than my opponent and lose because they were platinum. It usually wasn’t their bats that got me but their pitcher was rated way higher than mine of course. This year I’m losing plenty of prime games even though my TS is higher than every opponent 
  • Options
    The issue is, gold players cant hit against plat pitchers. Thats why even if its a shit ass plat team with only a few plat players, they will still beat a fully capped gold team most of the time. Just how the algorithms are designed.  Same goes for WOH at lower levels, its all a numbers game in the end. S10 cant hit well against a s10 pitcher. There needs to be a gap in the rating for you to get an advantage.
    – The Great Houmy
  • Options
    2003cobra2003cobra Registered Users, Member 2,722 Posts
    One thing that I’ve failed to see so far is when they show the matchup you can’t tell what level the other team is. I’m definitely losing prime games that I shouldn’t lose but it’s hard to tell without knowing the other teams level. I know that they want us to move up tiers but last year wasn’t hard for me to win 1k straight prime games and now I’m not getting through 6 without losing 
  • Options
    whynotwhynot Registered Users, Member 1,749 Posts
    dkarski87 said:
    The issue is, gold players cant hit against plat pitchers. Thats why even if its a shit ass plat team with only a few plat players, they will still beat a fully capped gold team most of the time. Just how the algorithms are designed.  Same goes for WOH at lower levels, its all a numbers game in the end. S10 cant hit well against a s10 pitcher. There needs to be a gap in the rating for you to get an advantage.

This is dead on.  I might add that this happens every year and in my experience it levels out after primes are out.  There are many casual players early in the season that race thru the ranks and my gold team can’t touch their platinum right now.  Once primes are released you can easily cap them at gold but not at platinum and above so the prime gold team will beat the bxp platinum (especially important to get them starting pitchers maxed).  Sadly if you run up against a team like @d@dkarski87 at anytime, your toast!
    I'm confused by what you mean by 5.7 and 5.8.  You mean the round and level? 
    - Blueleopard
  • Options
    Piglet1899Piglet1899 Registered Users, Member 220 Posts
    I must’ve won only 40-45% of my primes this weekend despite rarely having a lower TS. They refuse to give me a SP from a box - my rotation is all from the store. Lots of ice-wraps wasted on Yu Darvish which I guess was their plan. 
  • Options
    This makes zero sense screenshots not even 30’secs of each other 
  • Options
    I also don’t have Snydergaard 
  • Options
    RollieFingersRollieFingers Registered Users, Member 129 Posts
    Check your wifi, glu says you do 😂 
  • Options
    I don’t think the CS can even read English 
  • Options
    CanadaCubsCanadaCubs Registered Users, Member 1,235 Posts
    I can assure you, there is no reading taking place. 
    "If you can't beat them, report them"
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    I can assure you, there is no reading taking place. 
    Probably some middle school aged kids off the streets of India that they show to push one of three buttons of their choice that have three different already made responses for a few pennies a day...
  • Options
    clemente72clemente72 Registered Users, Member 30 Posts
    That’s not racist at all.  
  • Options
    ToughthundercatsToughthundercats Registered Users, Member 1,959 Posts
    That’s not racist at all.  
    Not racist just a haymaker thrown at Glu..
This discussion has been closed.